Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Captain Dan v Zombie Plan"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Captain_404 15 years ago
  Ok, that probably won't happen any more. Let me know if it does though.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  it was a level that i didn't shared yet , it was saved.
i played in the editor , go back replay and then it was there
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Sorry, I wasn't quite awake yet when I typed that.

What were you doing when you discovered this glitch? What action(s) do you think triggers it?

Is that any clearer?
gameinsky 15 years ago
  how do you mean it with:
Either way, when did you usually come across this? How did you start it?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  I think I've fixed the problem now. If I'm correct, everything is now running normally.

EDIT: deletion isn't working again in the editor. I've found a work-around though until I'm able to fix it. If you select an item to create, but before you place it decide you don't want it, go ahead and place it anyway and THEN delete it, don't just go straight to the menu. It should keep you out of trouble until I can correct my coding error.

jessiah - Sorry, but I don't need any more testers now.

I'm willing to make only one exception to the people I've already promised to let test, but haven't needed to use for testers, since it would be a bit unfair to say to them that they can test, but then just go back on that.

gameinsky - there's a chance your glitch is just an extension of me messing up the game, which as I've said is probably fixed. Either way, when did you usually come across this? How did you start it?
gameinsky 15 years ago
  when a zombieis healed then it runs ofscreen to the top...

jessiah,i don't think he needs more testers this game wil be evaluated really soon.

[edit]ok here is the bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZWwkynl9Fg&feature=channel_page
jessiah96 15 years ago
  Can i be a tester?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Oh, and a note to anyone who has a level I haven't yet evaluated, I'm sorry for the delay, I've had a very busy past few days and haven't been able to work on this much.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  ugh...it's not just you, I see it too. I think i might know what the problem is though, hopefully.

I can't get to the computer my game file is on right now though, so it might be a while before this gets fixed.
Sillius 15 years ago
  Is it just me or is the game crashing right now ?
When I play some of the levels switches appears everywhere and extra zombies and corpses are just walking around... some of the switches even work (the corpses don't move around though :D)
Captain_404 15 years ago
  gameinsky - If you can get video of it, all the better. Youtube works fine for me.

sillius - Odd. I hope you run into it again, because as it is now, I have no idea why this is happening.

EDIT: everything on the to-do list is done, except for teleport effects.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  i actualy got a super glitch but i don' know where to place it.
youtube ?
Sillius 15 years ago
  There's only supposed to be "2" :p thats the problem...
I see what you mean and when I enter the editor I also see the "3rd" switch, but I never placed it... It just appeared out of nowhere and when I uploaded the map it wasn't possible to delete it because it wasn't there. It only appeared in test mode...
Captain_404 15 years ago
  As for the title, how does "Alien Zombie Invasion!" sound, everyone?

Sillius - all the switches seem to appear for me. There are 3 switches right? (apart from the ones on top of each other)
gameinsky 15 years ago
  add fix switches to you to do list.
they sometimes switch on the wrong place...
and it gets worse if you place them into a block (hided)
Sillius 15 years ago
  I found another [lvlid=3086 removed] If you open this level in the editor you will see that the last -switch just appears when you play the level
jp 15 years ago
  Note that I can change the limitation to allow the long title. Nevertheless, maybe a shorter title is better, but if you need to go over 25 characters, it's not a problem.
Sillius 15 years ago
  "Tales of SCD and the MM"
and I have another suggestion (if Gameinsky allready said it) make the grid like the one in rolling turtle and jump gear... just with 1 difference you can't change the size of the grid only turn it on and off.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Added a mute button, you can start with the direction keys, and improved the info boxes.

to-do:
*switches depth problems
-medic and teleport FX
-auto-save for control settings
*stop the game from crashing

EDIT: I'm trying to think of a good title for the game to replace "sneakers" Due to some limits of bonuslevel, the title "The Adventures of Super Captain Dan and the Monocled Man Against a Horde of Alien Zombies with Their Evil Plan!" won't fit (not surprisingly). I'm trying to think of something similar to that, but under 25 characters long. I'd love to hear any suggestions you all might have.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  @gameinsky - I'm unclear on what you mean exactly with you glitch.

Locking zombie placing into the grid probably wouldn't be too much work. Making it a feature you can turn on or off however is much more work than it sounds like at this point.

Also, I'm not to keen on adding any major gameplay features right now. A hamburger item would take quite a bit of work to implement.

@sillius - a medic animation is already on my to-do list.

What would you suggest for the text boxes? How would you fix this? Just a tip for now though, when editing the text it's usually a safe bet to set your tool to the move tool, this way it won't delete/create anything you don't want.

How are the switches "bugging"?

@ninja - Yeah, if I think someone has a good level but their text isn't exactly how I'd put it, I'd be glad to ask for their permission to edit it a bit and use it in story mode. Although, again, I am writing with a very specific style in mind.

And yes, I will be explaining more of the zombies as I write more of the story.

to-do:
Back to to-do lists for my brain's sake:
*mute button
-medic and teleport FX
*start with arrow keys
-better info boxes
-stop the game from crashing
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Yes, it will be very hard to compete with your verbal abilities, and your humor. But i guess it would make a brilliant story if the whole community worked together.
And of course, if you found a nice idea, you could edit the texts a bit.
Are you planning to make tutorials for the other zombies?
Sillius 15 years ago
  I have 3 suggestions: 1st make an better animation for the medics reviving the other zombies... I think it's a bit lame as it is right now. 2nd it's pretty annoying to write a text right now... everytime you click somewhere in the text box the selected tool will place something. 3rd I have noticed that the switches are bugging when they are "overflowed." The bug is removing the switch right after you placed it, but if you do this enough the bug won't appear :p
gameinsky 15 years ago
  but wouldn't it be actualy easyer that the grid affect the placements of zombies , paths and monocle man ?
and of course a pocibelity to turn it off!

and that the begin controls are arrow keys cause it's the same for each keyboard!

and a suggestion:that one joke about those zombies also liking hamburgers gave me an idea, what about a hamburger who can distract the most dangeroues zombies so you can kill them without stress and of course that they eat it fast!
Zakko600 15 years ago
  This game is better and better. I love it.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  i found a bug.
if you add an off-switch jided in a block it begins to work before you enter the level with the reslut of the block who was scripted to hide hided before it was supoed to be.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Usually, when you get the "A script causes [blah blah blah] abort the script?" error, it's because you put a zombie inside a wall. Originally, I was hoping the user would be able to figure that out on their own since it's much harder to check for due to the way my code is set up, but enough people have noted this that it is clear it's a problem.

I wouldn't mind other people writing parts of the story if I think they're on the same level as the rest of the stuff I've written so far. Not to sound like a prideful jerk though, there's just a very specific style of humor I'm going for with the text. If someone were to match that, no doubt I'd add their level to the story. :) But I'm sorry to say that I'll have to be MUCH more picky about these than normal challenge levels.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  I LOVE the story. It's great. What about everyone is part of writing the story of "The adventures of Super Captain Dan! And The Monocled Man? - That would be great.

Bug - I added a Camera- and a Teleport Zombie in a level. "A script causes the game to run very slowly. Do you want to abort the script?"
Captain_404 15 years ago
  @sillius - thanks :)

@jp - great suggestions about and keypress instead of spacebar, and you're right about the textboxes too, I'm not completely satisfied with how they work right now either.

Back to to-do lists for my brain's sake:
-mute button
-medic and teleport FX
-start with any key
-better info boxes
jp 15 years ago
  About the info popups, I have a suggestion.

Only show the up arrow button when there is something to scroll up and the down arrow button when there is something to scroll down. On the "First bite" level, the texts always fill the whole info area and we never know if we have to scroll down or not. This would make the game smoother for the player.

I also think it's a good idea to avoid the scrolling texts and better to use 2 info boxes than one big info box.

I like the music and the story too (I understand know why ghost zombie get angry when you grab the gun :) ).

[edit] Oh by the way, despite the music is nice, many players like to see a mute button, maybe you can add another option in the SHIFT menu.
Sillius 15 years ago
  I like the first levels :D if all official levels got this kind of story this is going to be very popular... :D

Games forum

Play Game "Captain Dan v Zombie Plan"

First post of the topic

Zakko600 15 years ago
  Can i be a tester in this game?
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg