Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Official thread for website features suggestions

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Mmmmmm 3 years ago
  Message removed...
Treazer 6 years ago
  Why would you exclude someone from posting in a topic? I think everybody should have the freedom to contribute to a discussion.
kalina200 6 years ago
  If this actually makes a difference....
I think there should be special settings on forums to let you decide who can post.

You can select it to only you or to a few people.

Admins/mods of the site can bypass this and type stuff anyway.

Good idea?
Opinions
CubixIII 9 years ago
  ok! I made some levels on there before...
Treazer 9 years ago
  He downloaded the P4M .swf-files, I think.
CamoDragoon 9 years ago
  @Cubix you could always try making levels in the games that are already here... I could use a fellow BB designer...
gameinsky 9 years ago
  oldmanrob, here's the catch. The one who "made" the game is 9 year old. It's probably nothing but a picture, and the bl api. Which is just a box where you put in a number, then press a nother black button to send in the score.
There's nothing, which is why I asked tons of times before that starting up a game shouldn't be this easy.
CubixIII 9 years ago
  Two years. 2014 has no games made yet. I'm counting on Obscurity to become open to the public so I can make some crazy levels!!
Treazer 9 years ago
  Yes, that's true.
SimonM 9 years ago
  It's way too much for any award! Like DY said: awards should only be featured on profile, experience points only be rewarded when game gets released.
oldmanrob 9 years ago
  And what about the 1024 points? As I can not play the game I can't guess how hard the level is. But it's alot of points anyway.
jp 9 years ago
  I've modified the show the award image in 50x50px max. Thx!
Treazer 9 years ago
  Yeah, they definitely need a size limit...
gameinsky 9 years ago
  That and award pictures should have a size limit.
I have told him to stop that, if he doesn't then I will contact JP.
demonicyoshi 9 years ago
  Awards should not be given to your profile if the game is not public. The entire front page is now messed up, potentially turning new members away.
oldmanrob 9 years ago
  WTF? A very bad designed award and 1024 exp in a testphase game is not fairplay.
CamoDragoon 9 years ago
  Is there any way to search for levels based on difficulty in the puzzle games? (e.g. BB, BB2, PI)

I'll frequently be looking for levels of a certain category and there is no good way to do it. I guess the packs help cure this but having difficulty tabs for these games would be great... I don't know if this is too specific a suggestion but still...
SimonM 9 years ago
  CubixIII, Puzzle It was officially released 2 years ago.
gamelover101 9 years ago
  We should make it so at least people cannot create awards for games until the game is published
Treazer 9 years ago
  That's not the point.
CubixIII 9 years ago
  But... there AREN'T any new games! There hasn't been in years! D:
gamelover101 9 years ago
  Treazer++
Treazer 9 years ago
  There should also be more restrictions for creating a game. It's annoying to have all those new games and awards...
Treazer 9 years ago
  We really need a feature for removing your own grey and rejected levels/packs. I have many unfinished and old rejected ones I simply don't want to waste the space.
Treazer 9 years ago
  I know, this will never happen, but I'll suggest it anyway.

It would be cool if you could make your own categories when creating a pack.

Examples:
1.) You have an pack including all the levels of the game. You can put them into categories like kids, easy, medium, hard, insane.
With that feature you wouldn't need a pack for each category and for all categories in one.

2.) You have a pack including all the levels you've made. You can put them into categories like automatic, puzzle or abstract.
gameinsky 9 years ago
  Just go to the forum itself. It doesn't put topics related to levels then.
psychomaster 9 years ago
  What I want is like a checkbox "Disable level-related topics" for the forum. It could be helpful.
gameinsky 10 years ago
  This is actually a feature, but it seems to be broken for quite a while. Fixing it would definately be a good idea.

For now CTRL + F should do the trick then I guess..
Valarnable 10 years ago
  Searching for topics on the forum.
SuperMario 10 years ago
  I have some suggestions, but they're MINOR suggestions:

-- What If the "More" tab (the tab that shows the levels a specific player has made in a specific game) would be divided in pages?

-- Ak's suggestion. End.

-- More things at the "What's hot?" section?

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Post here all your suggestions for new features on the site.
No suggestions for a specific game, only for general interface/features of the site.

If your suggestion concerns the forum use Suggestions for the forum or if it is about a game idea use BL game ideas
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg