Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Official thread for website features suggestions

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gundu 13 years ago
  I always find it difficults for admins (at least, for me) to know when a editable level is ready (Even if people call for an admin) Sometime they update it without ''finishing'' it. So, I came with this idea.

As you can see there's a little square representing the ''call for an admin button'' next to levels who need to be seen by an admin. Like this, it will be even easier for admins to know which level need to be seen, even for the editable ones in the evaluating list.

And I also suggest (if you can) make that when someone edit his purple level, this level come back as first in the evaluating list. This way, editable levels will not drown with all the rejected, unfinished and other editable levels.

~Gundu­­~
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Problem: jp hasn't been online for days.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I like B...but maybe make anyone wanting to make a game demonstrate their capabilities using flash, doing an allocated task perhaps?
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  It has been suggested before. Personally, I feel it would be better to add an "apply" function. Whenever a person wishes to create a new game, they either:

A:
Apply to add a new game. A new, optional, field would allow to add a description/explanation, telling exactly why the game should be accepted. JP can then accept this new game, adding it to the actual site. The game would then continue, go into test phase and finally be published.

B:
Have the new game added, but with a "hidden" flag. This flag would tell the site that the game is... Well, hidden. This means, no comments can be made, it won't show up anywhere and will only be available for the creator and admins (Seeing how testers wouldn't be added yet). JP can then accept this new game, removing the "hidden" flag.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  A test before making a game (code simple stuff and if you succeed then you can start your game) Or:
Game administrators that can delete games. JP can (de)lock the ability to get the game trashed.
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  so by having to pay to post on one, no-one will do it unless they have a good reason.

Argue against DY- 100000 coins
(jk)

It really doesnt matter i just posted it because i had no other idea.

Be Gameinsky- 98745555.3 coins
gameinsky 13 years ago
  That's why it's a bad idea.
  it probally is, but there really is no reason to commment on a rejected level unless you are admin or the creator.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  The comment on a rejected level is a very... bad idea.
  Coins could buy you: Raising the 100kb limit for slides to 200kb. (250 coins) (must be a slide designer first)

Change the game bg on your pack: 100 coins

comment on a rejected level: 50 coins (unless it is your level or you are an admin)
Hexicube 13 years ago
  Quoting Treazer from Official thread for website features suggestions
Suggestion 1:

BL-Birthday Box:

Every year on BL you get a little present box, wich contains:

- 1000 EXP
- Mini Achievement: [TITLE]
- 500 Coins

Suggestion 2:

Shop:

To buy things in the shop you need coins. I dont list things to buy, post your ideas!

YOu can get coins from birthday boxes and you gain every 5th level you get 50 coins. If you publish a game yoi get 500 coins, too. For Mini achievements you can get coins too. And if you get coins fast you can buy 1000, 2000 and 3000 coins for 3$, 5$ and 7$ per SMS. It could replace the premium account.

YES! YES! brilliant! basically you use coins to get cool stuff but premium members get more...but what would they be spent on?
maybe there is games like Tron and Pac-Man where you can try to get the best score using your coins, or someone could develop a highly complex war game where you buy armies with the coins(the swf/java/html/whatever would have its own page at the top) and you fight against the other BL members to take over the world!
infact with enough work on it I could probably end up doing something like that, if I had somewhere to keep a regularly updated file :P
  yah, one day I'll learn how to spell "member". I always get confused on it because some people prounounce it more like "membor" and others say it more like "member".
gameinsky 13 years ago
  No, but membor is really a (no offense) stupid error.
allyally 13 years ago
  GIS dont be a Grammar Nazi...
gameinsky 13 years ago
  membor is spelled member...
But I think that's a good idea, especially because I post a lot on rejected levels.
And I'm the most *******ed of of them noob designers posting a tad of mod-ish comments.
  I sugest a way in which admins can comment on a recently rejected level without having the level go on the "recently commented levels" page, or in the forums.
This way, admins can help new membors improve their levels without a million people commenting bad things about the level that discourages the membor.
  No way! I don't want anything to have to do with real money.

I also have an idea: A quote/Reply feature for the forums, similar to the one in a person's inbox
Treazer 13 years ago
  Suggestion 1:

BL-Birthday Box:

Every year on BL you get a little present box, wich contains:

- 1000 EXP
- Mini Achievement: [TITLE]
- 500 Coins

Suggestion 2:

Shop:

To buy things in the shop you need coins. I dont list things to buy, post your ideas!

YOu can get coins from birthday boxes and you gain every 5th level you get 50 coins. If you publish a game yoi get 500 coins, too. For Mini achievements you can get coins too. And if you get coins fast you can buy 1000, 2000 and 3000 coins for 3$, 5$ and 7$ per SMS. It could replace the premium account.
Treazer 13 years ago
  Yes, i agree.
  I'm actually not a fan of that idea :/
SuperDog 13 years ago
  Gundu, maybe also this:

[Log out] [SuperDog] Favorite games [3 new/updated levels] [2 comments on your favourite game(s)] [Chat!]
  On a level, I think you should list the people who rated a level and how many stars they rated it.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Same here... :D
  definately yes! because i always try to find my levels on the level comments page, but sometimes i miss them.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I agree :D
gundu 13 years ago
  It would be nice if there were a notification when someone comment on one of your level, Like:

[log out] [gundu] Favorite games [3 new/updated levels] [2 New comments] [Chat!]
  I once had a topic called Polls! Polls! Polls!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  nah jp is better :P
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Well, your keyboard should ALSO have a button that's labeled 'Ahroo'... :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I think polls...helps with things like this :P
[edit] my on-screen keyboard has a key labelled 'jp' LOL

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Post here all your suggestions for new features on the site.
No suggestions for a specific game, only for general interface/features of the site.

If your suggestion concerns the forum use Suggestions for the forum or if it is about a game idea use BL game ideas
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg