Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Official thread for website features suggestions

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

SuperDog 14 years ago
  In collabs, the editors should also get the EXP points, not only the author
gundu 14 years ago
  If you check on the "Administrator list" next to the game and if there is a administrator level 2 It's wrote "decide for offical levels" Instead of "decide for official levels"
Treazer 15 years ago
  Please put the button Not Scored in the games jp.....
Shiro 15 years ago
  Why not, you can see the from best to worst.
lololol 15 years ago
  i don't think you should see your worst..
Shiro 15 years ago
  I think you should ve able to see what's your best level and what's your worst one.
Im 15 years ago
  The text that appears when you're going to post a comment there should say something about reading previous posts!

Thank you :D
Hexicube 15 years ago
  When submitting games make the non-zipped files available...
Treazer 15 years ago
  @jp
Comes the button: Not Scored in the games?
Shiro 15 years ago
  Mabey there should be an mirror tool...?

That can make it easier to mirror things.

And in the 'LOGS' there should be also 'Went into the chatroom X minutes ago'
PaulWalrus 15 years ago
  the thing is about that, a lot of thumbnails CAN'T be square.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  You know, it's always a bit annoying when approving levels to have to constantly remind people to "take a thumbnail from the gameplay", "take a thumbnail with the Shift key", etc.

It would be nice if, as a developer, we could set a variable that makes the thumb either automatically square with no user control, or lets it be as it is now. Additionally, and perhaps the API already supports this and I just haven't noticed, but if there were some way to tell when the user is taking a thumbnail so that if they're in the editor we can set the graphics to look like gameplay it would be nice.
Hexicube 15 years ago
  They don't exist yet.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  Manny old BL members now get problems with the to short message.
I'm sure they can use all kind of messages correctely .
I know this button was specialy made for the 'introduce youself' thread.
And I now ask if after a certain subscribe time BL members have back the rights to post smaller messages.
Treazer 15 years ago
  @jp
Ok "Haven't scored" is too long.
Your idea "Not scored" or "Not played" is good :)
my favorite "Not Scored" and "Not played" is not so good because i can play a level and i dont scored on the level.
Example: I cant score on a level because its too hard but im played it.
And put you the Button "Not Scored" in all games?
Jac1 15 years ago
  I would love that very much!
Shiro 15 years ago
  But it would be very helpfull.

I'm stuck on all the 'the 5 best levels you didn't played yet' so it's getting on my nerves.
jp 15 years ago
  @gecko, yes I didn't forget your suggestion, it's in the todolist

"Haven't scored" is too long for the text zone we must find a shortest name. "Not scored" ? "Not played" ?
I think that the "Best levels you didn't scored yet" is already doing the job for most of the players. This new tab would be for hardcore bonuslevel players.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  I'd just like to remind you of what I posted earlier:
Quoting geckojsc from Official thread for website features suggestions
I think topics called for admins should appear all in a group, because it is still possible to miss them otherwise. Also, how about categories of admin calls, which could be colour coded, so you know what the problem is without reading the topic.

For example, say someone was using bad language, I could call for an admin, then select 'Inappropriate Language' from a menu. The [ ! ] button might then be changed to the colour yellow, and the admin would know how important the problem was, and whether it concerned them or not...
Treazer 15 years ago
  Im have a idea a button for "Haven't Scored":

[Offical][New][Top Rated][Haven't Scored][My Levels]
When you click
[Haven't Scored]
come a list from levels where you haven't scored.
Shiro 15 years ago
  Great, that would help alot!
gundu 15 years ago
  Maybe you can put a way that you can see witch level you didn't yet completed :

[Play][Select][Create] ---> You choose [select]

[Official][New][Unfinished][Top Rated][My Levels] ---> You click on unfinished

That will lead you on a board with all the levels that we didn't yet completed
jp 15 years ago
  Yes it's a great suggestion gundu.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  i also like enormous that idea!
Jac1 15 years ago
  Great idea, gundu!
That'll avert me whenever you will create another level, sorry, masterpiece!
gundu 15 years ago
  Like I've said before

A list of the top 5 higher level of the site could be on the front page

And a way of you can put a designer in your favorite then when this designer will make a new level you will be prevented

Maybe like that :
[Log out][gundu]Favorite games [2 new/updated levels]Favorite designers [1 new/uptaded levels][chat]
jp 15 years ago
  That is a very good suggestion.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  I had an idea for level evaluation recently.

As of now, there are only two ranks for level approval, official and accepted. What if we added a third rank, titled "featured"?

There are some levels that I find are pretty good, but maybe not good enough to be official, and there are some that are good enough to be accepted, but really aren't all that fun or interesting.

Featured level would help bring attention to those better levels that aren't official. Perhaps, only these and official level would be featured on the main page, whereas, levels that are simply accepted would not be.
Shiro 15 years ago
  Mabey you could only rate a level when you played it?
Shiro 15 years ago
  I think the level maker should see who rated his/her level and what the people rated it.

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Post here all your suggestions for new features on the site.
No suggestions for a specific game, only for general interface/features of the site.

If your suggestion concerns the forum use Suggestions for the forum or if it is about a game idea use BL game ideas
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg