Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Official thread for website features suggestions

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Treazer 11 years ago
  Probably only jp.
Treazer 11 years ago
  I understand^^
Treazer 11 years ago
  What do you mean?
Treazer 11 years ago
  I'm not sure if anyone posted a suggestion like that.

But what about a function that allows the game author to set if only testers can access the game forum or post comments on it. It would be useful for games under developement. The game author can also set if other users are only able to read the comments. So users can read and post, they can only read or they can't read and post.
gamelover101 11 years ago
  How about a mobile site for BL?
Treazer 11 years ago
  What about a button at the featured games panel for iphone games. You would click it and the flash games would scroll to the left (or to the right, doesn't matter) and the iphone section would appear. It could look like that but better^^

So more people would know about the iphone games of jp =) Because not many people look at the bottom of the page.
Hexicube 11 years ago
  The little things are always the best ones...
Treazer 11 years ago
chris3000 11 years ago
  Great idea Treazer.
Maxamed 11 years ago
  Nice one Treazer.
Treazer 11 years ago
  I think there should be a feature, that says you if you have in a level the highscore. Because when I want to improve my score at the officials, I don't know, if I don't already have the highscore in this level (don't matter, if you have the highscore alone or not. And then I need to check every level. To make this easier there could be a + or -, or anything other, when your cursor is over the level.

Treazer 11 years ago
  This deserves a bump :)
Hexicube 12 years ago
  would be good to have maybe check boxes to specify what games to choose from, and if only one is selected more appear to select the level type(easy, hard, puzzle, etc.)
gameinsky 12 years ago
  hah, sounds fun!
I'd like that, but i'd want an option to turn on "not yet played"
Treazer 12 years ago
  Rendom level function.
If you click it (the random level button) you get directed to an approved level of any game.
But the level you get directed to is unplayed/uncompleted by you.

If you aren't logged in you get directed to any approved level.
jasperpostema 12 years ago
  What about an Event List, like slideshows, but only for events, NOT in the same slide.
gameinsky 12 years ago
  Brolling, that's very useless...
On the other hand I'm still waiting for sticky topics.
demonicyoshi 12 years ago
  I think Contest awards should be displayed first, as those are those are a bigger acomplishment.
SimonM 12 years ago
  Yes I support it too, my profile page is way too big with all the awards. :p
gameinsky 12 years ago
  I support this idea!
gundu 12 years ago
  Since there is more and more awards I got an idea for their display on our profile page, Which is:

Each award of the same game are placed together with a hide/show button. It would look like this:

[hide/show] Rolling Turtle award:
- Hedgehog Hater
- Master Turtle!
Gundu got 2 out of 3 Rolling Turtle awards

''Reapeat for all games''

[hide/show] Site related award:
- One official level!
- Level designer!
- Design master
Gundu got 3 out of 4 Site related award

[hide/show] Contest award:
- Winner of the Mario contest 2009, with Mario Gear (Jump Gear 2).
-Winner of the Dream contest 2009, with Just A Dream (Rolling Turtle).
Gundu got a total of 2 Contest awards

PS: I didn't put all the awards I collected, Just so you know
MARC2009 12 years ago
  maybe...but unnessecary tho ;)
I would like more access to some parts of the BLAPI, auch as which swf is being viewed(game/editor), if the menu is open, if a popup is open, what lvlid is being played, the highscore on the level, and maybe a few others to surprise me ;)
murtaza64 12 years ago
  HELLO! BUMP!
Forum topic images...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yer the BLAPI is supposedly able to get that ID, but idk if it only works for AS3 or if AS2 can also retrieve it...
if anyone has AS3 can you send me the code in a txt file? thx :P
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I am fairly sure he means in game development.
AK 13 years ago
  It says on the comments....
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I want access to what lvlid is loaded for the level being played, JP mentioned once that is was possible but the method he provided did not work...
AK 13 years ago
  I think it's a good idea.

I'll tell JP to check here.
gundu 13 years ago
  Yeah, Of course I know, But sometime they only ''update'' it without ''finishing'' it. And when I'm playing, push or any other game I'm admin on I think it would go faster to check levels needed to be seen like this
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Tehre's a list of last updated levels, do you know it exists ?
On your profile page the same list is here with the last edited levels for all games you're admin on.

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Post here all your suggestions for new features on the site.
No suggestions for a specific game, only for general interface/features of the site.

If your suggestion concerns the forum use Suggestions for the forum or if it is about a game idea use BL game ideas
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg