Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Official thread for website features suggestions

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Magic_X 13 years ago
  I think there should be a green square on a user's profile to show if they are online or a red square to show if they are offline.
Treazer 13 years ago
  2 Suggestions :

Friendnews
This feature will just work when you can have Friends on BL. On the Friendnews can everyonbe post, who have Friends. When a user post there the Friends can post comments to this. Example:

Brolling: [Question] (dont need to be a question)
Submarine95: I dont know.

That means, Sub95 is a Friend of brolling. chris1 cant post on this because he isnt a friend of brolling. He cant see the comment too. Maybe theres a limit of characters (maximum 250?)

Sound maker
Bonuslevel is the best Website of the World. But why not make it unattainable?! Why not make a little Sound maker for BL? Not that big like FL (Fruity Loops) of course. You could upload your Sounds on BL, wich yyou maked with it. The limit of the sound length is 3 minutes maybe. Other people can download the SOund from other people. Then he could use it for Games when the creator allows that. The creator of the sound can choose if, other people can download the sound, or the other people just can listen to the sound.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  My rating ratio would be 1 Rated : 100 Un-rated... :/
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Average is a bit bat system, people can outsmart it by rating a couple of levels a 5, then rate the desired levels a 1.
My guess is that onyl 1 and 2's should be visisble.

Also make the limitation of messages only for the newbies ? first 20 messages, anyone ?
Elizea 13 years ago
  Suggestion: user mods would see raters on levels (and what they rated).

Reason: User mods currently have no ways to find out unfair raters. Only way to find an unfair rater is see him comment on levels 1/5 or something.

The Good:
- People wouldn't rate unfairly as it will be easier to notice it.

The Bad:
- For example I wouldn't like someone seeing what I rate on levels. There is a reason why ratings are anonymous.

Also, if possible add a number on everyones profile showing how much he usually rates. If someone rates usually good levels 3, very good levels 4 and only the best of the best levels 5, I don't he can be considered as an unfair rater. By showing the average rating these people won't get punished just for having a bit higher standard than others.

Discuss.
Im 13 years ago
  How's that easier? o_O
Treazer 13 years ago
  Maybe a Call jp button right of the username. When you click that you must say what he made bad (insulting or anything like that). YOu say that in a extra windows, wich open when you click that button. YOu call jp then. Its a bit like call for an admin on a forum, just easier.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I've just barely cleared all of Brolling's requirements. xD

But seriously, I agree with Elizea. :/

If I get hacked while making my game and had to resort to a level 1 account, it'd just piss me off to have to level up to make my own game. :/

EDIT: test levels seem good... :/
Treazer 13 years ago
  Okay i deleted the first part.
Elizea 13 years ago
  No one likes limitations like that. Offering some privilages to more experienced members could be a good idea tho.
Treazer 13 years ago
  What about Test levels? When there is a new member here and want create levels, he create before Test levels, thats not real levels, cant be evaulated and rated, and only the admin of the game can see the Test levels. SO when the member creates a test level the admin will look at it and choose if the level is good enough. If no, the user must create more test levels til the admin see the user make good enough levels. And if yes, the admin let the user create normal levels wich the user can upload then. Its impossible for the user to creat normal levels til the admin says he is good enough. Then the admin must create any button that the user allows to create normal levels. And if the Test level is a good level the user can upload it to a normal level when the admin has allowed the member to create normal levels. That would make less rejected levels.

edit: Dont called jp for an admin here everytime? Maybe he accidentaly clicked stop calling for an admin. But then i do it for him.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  um that seems like a pointless idea...maybe have a list of levels you have highscore on?
Zodiac 13 years ago
  What about Minigames on BL, it doesnt have an level editor. When you play the minigame you get every level yopu completed 0.10 EXP points, the levels get a bit harder, but you dont get more EXP, the Game may has 30 levels, when you complete the 30th level you may get an EXP bonus of 3 Exp points. Minigames can just be played 1 times a day. It maybe could be a Game like Tetris, very simple games. When there are more than 1 Minigames on the site you just can play one of them a day, not all games one time a day.

I am not sure if this message needs to be on the BL game ideas topic.
AK 13 years ago
  Oops,sorry... I think there should be a feature that tells us when someone is commenting on our packs.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  um that's been suggested and this is website suggestions not game suggestions...
AK 13 years ago
  There should be a line called the Top line. It's like lines from some games where you can jump ftom the bottom, go through the entire line, and then land on the top and have it solid. Instead of trying to jump all the way around the line, you would just jump through it and land on the top.

Is that too confusing?
Shiro 13 years ago
  I still think Buddy Lists would be a good idea :O.
Treazer 13 years ago
  I know but you could lookl at the scores if they are too much highscores.
Shiro 13 years ago
  Brolling, the problem would be 100 scores doesn't say a thing, not all scores are the same.
Treazer 13 years ago
  I think it should be showed if on acepted levels are already 100 scores, because when you dont completed a level and you completed it and your score isnt saved its uncool and when it was a hard level its VERY uncool.

Suggested image:

(There are not 100 scores on this level, its just an example)
Shiro 13 years ago
  Sticky topics would be helpfull...
Im 13 years ago
  And an "Unrated" tab.
gundu 13 years ago
  You should be able to select "Unplayed" when you want random levels
Hexicube 13 years ago
  also on the referral link info 'there informations' should be change to 'this information' to make more sense
Hexicube 13 years ago
  what about embedding swf files in posts with:
[swf]http://eg.example.com/forexample.swf[/swf]
Hexicube 13 years ago
  ok fair enough...
geckojsc 13 years ago
  And also, it would be on an iPhone. It wouldn't show for any old visitor on any old page, it would appear if you went on a level page on your iPhone or iPod, and the game author had made it possible for you to play the level on your iPhone. It's hardly annoying, it's useful because it gives you a way to play any level on your iPod or iPhone, how else would you make it possible without making text appear?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  it's still annoying sometimes...
geckojsc 13 years ago
  By 'pops up' I didn't mean literally in a new window, I meant something more like a piece of text appearing or a little toolbar at the top of the page. Of course, things like this would be even better if BL had an iPhone-specific layout!
Im 13 years ago
  "...and a message pops up in the game in a corner not disturbing you..."

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Post here all your suggestions for new features on the site.
No suggestions for a specific game, only for general interface/features of the site.

If your suggestion concerns the forum use Suggestions for the forum or if it is about a game idea use BL game ideas
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg