Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Official thread for website features suggestions

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  it's not specifically for high scores, if you beat 5 more official levels in rt, it will say "improved Rolling Turtle score by 400" or if you replay a level and get 1 point better, it will say "improved rt score by 1"
gamelover101 13 years ago
  I suck at getting high scores, so no :/
joe45 13 years ago
  Both suggestions sound great!
  what if its only updated once per hour? If you improve your score by 1 then 4 then 100, then 23, then 2, it will show "Improved Rolling turtle score by 130"
Im only talking about oficial levels though, on the high score list.
  I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, what if you play loads of new levels at one time? It would just overload the logs!
  I have an idea!

If you improve your score on a level, on your logs it should show things like "Improved Ringmania score by 800 points!"
  Yeah. I get it :_
allyally 13 years ago
  Something like:

Killer Path
Created 5 hours ago by Garygoh884. [More]
2 Comments. Rating: 4.682/5 (3 raters)
  Forgot about that one, but I like it too :)
allyally 13 years ago
  Quoting allyally from Site updates
I have a suggestion, when a new level is posted on the front page, have it show the rating of the level.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  There's only one thing to do! Call Chuck Norris!

Or ask JP
  Still, I like the removal of Message too short and Own descriptions for lvls. :/
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  You guys got me convinced :) Back in the good ol' days, it would've ruined everything, but be worth it if the community could stand against it. Now? It would just ruin everything :/
  My opinion for premium accounts: NO.
  i realy dont like the idea of paying to be better then someone else. No matter what websight i go to, i'll never pay for premium/membor acounts.
  I'm not going to pay...
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I don't just want to pay money, I want to pay money, yet still gain something from it :/
Actually, I think I would have donated back when the website was a lot more active, but now? Not really :/
  If you want to pay money so badly, why not just donate money to jp???

I rather have more advertisements, or my sugestion below...
And you should seriusly have a "donate button" on the bottem of the page, jp.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Or make the removal of "Message too short" a premium feature (Yearh, I really, really want this premium feature xD)
  No premium acounts! Read what elizea said when the subject was first brought up.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  other thing for possible premium:
signature
A list of favourite levels

For egneral: the message too short thing is mostly aimed at new members, but are anoying at older ones that won't abuse it anyway, would it be nice to have it removed along with the limitations when the member has stayed longer than 1 month on BL and has made minimum 1 accepted level ?
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Well, personally I would rather pay €10, then have advertisements in my levels. Beside, it would probably be very hard to find advertisers who even wants to invest in a community with very few active members.

In my opinion, it would be better to just simply implement a Google AdSense box in the games. This wouldn't give the level creator money (Which only would've been like 1/100 of a dollar anyway) but would give JP a fair amount of extra money. That is, if you had to implement ads in the levels.

What I would want as premium features:

-A colored name (Yeah for rainbow forum) and a small icon beside your name
-Some kind of "annotation" in your levels. Either at the levels thumbnail/name, or somewhere in the actual game area
-Force save score, even though the level reached max amount of scores
-Description on own levels FTW
-And... Erhm.. Some other stuff.
murtaza64 13 years ago
  @SD, that's not worth £10.
Full stop.
  My idea would require bank info, but thats what paypal is good for, you can transfer money without giving away your bank info.
SuperDog 13 years ago
  Maybe with premium, there will be no ads.

There's a game called Ball Dodge on iPhone and when you buy the premium version, the advertisements disappear.
  More ads? *groan*
But also, isn't that going to require things like bank account details?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  not a half bad idea...
  No! i rather have more advertisements.

How about an "endorse product" option, in which Both Jp and you get paid money.
The concept is like billboards in your level. A company will pay to have their product advertised in a level.
There will be a page of products looking for endorsements. After you upload a lvl, you may click the "endorse product" option, and be sent to this page. Your level will turn orange. You may select 3 products you may like to endorse, After an admin aproves your lvl (but not accepted yet), These product companies will then be emailed a link to your level. If they like the lvl, then they can add a yellow box where they want the advertisement in your lvl through their special editor (they cant change anything else).
It is then the lvl makers job to fill these boxes with advertisements of that company/product the way they like. After the company aproves, they pay jp for each advertisement (more or less depending on size) and the lvl creator gets a percentage of this money. The lvl is then accepted.

But this is only for games like rt, jg, or hp.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I like the premium idea, even though it seems as a small reward. Something such as a golden name or border around your avatar would be enough to just make it good enough for the €10.
  Yah, but i rather have a picture then text, Plus the picture could still be text, just alot fancier Text.

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Post here all your suggestions for new features on the site.
No suggestions for a specific game, only for general interface/features of the site.

If your suggestion concerns the forum use Suggestions for the forum or if it is about a game idea use BL game ideas
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg