Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Official thread for website features suggestions

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

minimariner 14 years ago
  Oh no don't bring in the idea of premium accounts because it makes people like: 'Ha ha i'm a premium member and your just a free noob.'

But i have a idea, it's a bit of a small one, but what about a online and offline thingy that tells people whether that person is online or not (it changes auto when people log on or off?

Have a green block for online.
Have a red block: Offline for offline?

[edit] Well i never log out either lol
Hexicube 14 years ago
  yeah but premium stuff always has bad side-effects for regular users, and also makes them feel like it's unfair even though it's obviously not
Elizea 14 years ago
  Marc2008, I am not getting the money for example, so why would I treat you guys differently? o_O

Features like subscribing, friends list, allow users to edit comments after admin has edited it etc would of course come to everyone, not just premium.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  not all promises can be kept and I don't want BL to change into one of those kind of sites :(
allyally 14 years ago
  I believe that but if I become premium I promise not to let that happen, Im sure the admins feel the same way,
Hexicube 14 years ago
  trust me money does bad things to good people
allyally 14 years ago
  I do not believe that BL could turn bias, the admins of BL would never back someone just because they're premium, this place will remain fair no matter what.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  because when there are premium users what happens is:
they get treated like they're WAY more important
their opinions are more important than regular users
they tend to get help from admins when in an argument with an ordinary user, unless the ordinary user is obviously right
murtaza64 14 years ago
  No.No.No. NO WAI! He should just have a Donate button: the PayPal ones and I will happily donate like £20.
allyally 14 years ago
  Normal accounts should have everything they have already. Premium accounts will just be better, so marc if you will still be able to do everything you do anyway, whats the point of rejecting the idea?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  you mean for premium users :_
Elizea 14 years ago
  If we get Premium accounts, JP gets money from the site and would use more time on games/features for us. Simple.

At the moment there are some features/games JP is going to do, and if 10€ is everything this requires, I am up for it.

Of course normal account should not be somekind of trial account.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I wouldn't even pay a one-time £10
allyally 14 years ago
  Then thats your decision! Don't buy it if you don't want it! I wouldn't pay over £10 a year for it though,
murtaza64 14 years ago
  I don't want ANY premium. Sorry.
lololol 14 years ago
  yeah, no need to lie here. isn't being admin just "Playing" the levels before time and pressing the evaluate button-thingy? i can't tell. because that not much of a job.
Elizea 14 years ago
  Lying isn't good, it would be noticed very quickly.

People already want to be mods / admins, nothing new in that.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  But that would make people even more wanting to be mods, so I suggest lieing and saying that all mods paid (or people will be like "if I can be premium without paying by being mod I want to be")
Elizea 14 years ago
  Premium account could for example give:

-Somekind of small tag <A level by Premium> to your levels.
-Show 50 recent levels on your profile.
-Logs for longer time on profile (one week?).
-Force the server to save your score on accepted levels, even there would be 100 better scores already.
-Add a description to own levels.
-Avatar to max 100x100 (50x50 pixels atm).
-Link levels to make it easier for others to follow your sequels.

Just suggestions =]

If there comes premium accounts, it should NOT take any features from other users tho, that can't afford the money (€10 / year-or-lifetime-or-something?).

Discount for mods / admins would be great, as it could be counted as reward for the admin work we've done.
murtaza64 14 years ago
  Hey. NO Premium PL0X ! ! ! If you take away any of the features when the premium comes, if it does, I WILL QUIT!
@marc Yea I agree! FULLY!
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I don't care I hate it
[edit] arrow buttons for selecting level/forum pages as there are so many pages on JG2 levels I can't select them all :O
allyally 14 years ago
  Since your a game maker I expect you'd get a discount,
Hexicube 14 years ago
  ugh I hate websites with premium stuff it pisses me off :_
allyally 14 years ago
  Maybe a discounted payment for mods...
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Could that happen that some mods wouldn't be "premium" then ?
allyally 14 years ago
  Yeah, id get that...
It could be another option on the menu, 'premium member levels'. Id probably need to know more about what it could offer...
jp 14 years ago
  I've just added Gecko suggestion to the todolist (23).

From time to time I'm still thinking about adding premium accounts on BL because, firstly that would be great to make BL a place I can earn money and spend more time on, and secondly, there are many features that would request more resources server side that I've not added to the site :
- Statistics and history of your scores kept in database
- Right now we keep only 100 scores on approved levels (no offcial), premium accounts would never lose a score.

You see the idea. The whole website would be still free for casual players, but deep fans fo BL could pay to get more features.
murtaza66 14 years ago
  most of us are :)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  yeah a customisable space on ur profile, pretty sure you could all just get facebook :D
minimariner 14 years ago
  I agree of the idea from geckojsc, that'll be cool

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Post here all your suggestions for new features on the site.
No suggestions for a specific game, only for general interface/features of the site.

If your suggestion concerns the forum use Suggestions for the forum or if it is about a game idea use BL game ideas
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg