Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Official thread for website features suggestions

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 13 years ago
  extract from your post:
"...and a message pops up..."
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Well, it wouldn't have to be a popup. It could just be a message written on the site somewhere.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  im not so sure gecko's idea is a good one, pop-ups are EXTREMELY annoying and discourage people from joining BL
jp 13 years ago
  @gecko, yes that would be possible and this is a good idea.

@Shiro, OK
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Indeed, the way it si now is still confusing for admins
Shiro 13 years ago
  On the ''Warned Topic'' page, we should be able to see from what game the call came from.
Like this : Level "Going up" (Rolling Turtle)
I'm running out of level ideas! (Forum)
Level "Backwards Climbing" (Jump Gear)
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I noticed that the official Twitter iPhone app uses a Javascript bookmarklet to post web pages to Twitter from inside the Twitter app, and a few other apps do similar things using Safari URL tricks. I just wondered if it would be possible to do something like this for BL levels, for example you visit a Blockoban page, and a message pops up saying that if you have bought Blockoban you can play the level on your iPhone. Then the level opens up in the Blockoban app and you can play it!

I have no experience with making iPhone apps, but I'm sure this would be possible because like I said I've seen other apps that have features like this.
Shiro 13 years ago
  Yup, I agree.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I don't think it's a good idea...
Let JP handle those things.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  when levels are made or updated the notification at the top of the page comes up instantly but when you get a PM you don't get notified until next login can you fix this please?
FkidsPR 13 years ago
  Agree with friend list idea.
minimariner 13 years ago
  Yeah, that sounds great :)
allyally 13 years ago
  Sounds pretty good, that would incorporate geckos personal info idea well!
Oxideee 13 years ago
  thats a great idea shiro... I think this would be an excellent improvement to Bl =]
Shiro 13 years ago
  There should be something like a buddylist or guilds at bonuslevel.org
With a guild you could have specefic forums, make levels together and guild achievements.
A buddylist would look like this (just a suggestion) Buddylist

There should also be a list for favorite levels.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  brolling categories wrong
unsafe - just numbers, letters or symbols
safe - 2 of the above
very save - all 3 of the above
Shiro 13 years ago
  Oooh, totally forgot about this topic :)

there should be a message when someone added you as editor that you have to
accept - decline.
Treazer 13 years ago
  Why not make an password safe enough bar (xD for the title) when you register/change your password and you type the password in it says how safe your password is.
It has 5 categories (real 4)

Categorie 1: Passwordsafety - Nothing typed
Categorie 2: Too Short - Just 1-4 letters typed
Categorie 3: Unsafe - Only 5-7 letters and just letters or just numbers
Categorie 4: Safe - 8-10 letters and just letters or just numbers
Categorie 5 (the best): Very Safe - 12+ letters with numbers

I have an picture for all categories too:

Hexicube 13 years ago
  dont care about the ads I can always blacklist them on my PC to hide them :P
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  I dont like the idea of premium acounts because i cant aford it...

but to make bl more profitable, i wouldn't mind a few more advertisments,
and maybe you could sell downloadable games. Like a multiplayer jump-gear game... (new features, better graphics, customizable jump-gears...)
gameinsky 13 years ago
  That's why I suggested that premium users have easier on BL instead of more features, then normal members ad premium have about the same things, and the normal members don't have somethings premiums have(like a private chatroom, an extra game, self-evaluating (no, wait! that's going to far!))
minimariner 13 years ago
  Sorry if you are making Premium sound like a good thing but i don't like sites with premium :(

And i really like Bonus Level
Hexicube 13 years ago
  jp I never meant that premium stuff limits ordinary users, it just gives the effect that it does but you get the point :D
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Premium should not have aces to new games exept if there are enough games for regulair users.
I think premium users should not have to much new features, they would just have less diffyculties.
For example: "lock-unlock autosave" for if you accidentally close the page, automatic score savers and other such things.
allyally 13 years ago
  If there was a donation button a few people would donate then no-one would afterwards,
murtaza64 13 years ago
  jp, believe me I will donate quite a lot of my pocket money.

[edit] I hate when I see [murtaza64][Chat!][Friends]
I click Friends

[edit2] I think this is the wrong topic, but how about themes for games?
Then a pop up says Premium members only! Join NOW for just €10!
jp 13 years ago
  Nice discussion. My idea was not to limit non premimum members but to add new features for premium members, that's different. But I agree that once premium members are created, a lot of time is spent to build the premium features.

Nice suggestion Gecko.

As for the donation button, I don't think it will work, even wikipedia doesn't get enough donations anymore.

Anyway, I still try to find ways to make BL profitable because it's the only way to be sure it will be alive for a long time with fresh new games.
murtaza64 13 years ago
  Yeah Gecko, If jp could set up a store or a spreadshirt page, I would buy some stuff, shirts and I would even Donate via a PayPal Donate button.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Nobody really likes premium services that much. I think that if JP wanted to make more money from the site, he should do what the Lua scripting language guys did: http://www.zazzle.com/Lua_Store

I would happily buy a BL mug if JP set up an online store like that. Sorry for going a bit offtopic there, but I just wanted to share that idea. It's nice because nobody feels limited or forced, but they can still contribute to the site a bit and get something out of it if they want to.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I never log out tho

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Post here all your suggestions for new features on the site.
No suggestions for a specific game, only for general interface/features of the site.

If your suggestion concerns the forum use Suggestions for the forum or if it is about a game idea use BL game ideas
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg