Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Official thread for website features suggestions

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

SimonM 10 years ago
  Puzzle It and P4M don't have such a swf.
ThisIsMyUsername 10 years ago
  Maybe change the SWF of what's new in homepage to a newer one, it's still in bb2
Treazer 10 years ago
  There are already categories (General, Flash game development, Bonuslevel website and API, Games + Packs, Levels).
But I have to agree with you.
AK 10 years ago
  I think the forums could use an upgrade. They should be grouped into categories for easier access and so people can find them easier. For example, a forum group for comments about games, a forum group for forum games, a forum group for questions, etc.

Does anyone else like this idea?
ThisIsMyUsername 10 years ago
  Well, we still can't find P4M in frontpage.
Spoony 10 years ago
  Can you fix like the alt code characters?
One of my posts glitched..
Hexicube 11 years ago
  What prevents users from simply checking them off without editing and then making a new level? Perhaps a user with 10 rejected levels could also be prevented from making new levels until it goes down to 5 or so...
Treazer 11 years ago
  What about forcing an user to edit his rejected levels when creating a new one? So a popup will appear if someone with at least one rejected level wants to create a new level. When someone has got one rejected level, he finished it and wants to create a new one. It would be impossible, because he's forced to edit the rejected level, which is already finished. To avoid this, he should be able to "check off" the level after or while editing it.
Treazer 11 years ago
  I really wanna be able to delete my grey, purple and rejected levels. I have a lot of undone level, really, a lot... Some of them are rejected (no idea why admins did that) and some old rejected levels. I could remake them, but then I'll be probably done in 5 years.
Treazer 11 years ago
  Well, I don't think I need that, I can see your avatar well. But maybe you should be able to set this in the settings, because not everyone would want this (depends on avatar). It's great for some avatars :)
Treazer 11 years ago
  Thanks (:
chris3000 11 years ago
  Great idea Treazer, I never really thought of that, :)
Treazer 11 years ago
  What about seeing in the [More] tab of a level in which packs it is included? Like this:

SimonM 11 years ago
  I found out it's not possible for me to show the best score on the place where it says what your score is. I could put it in game, but like Treazer pointed out, you'll need to play the level before you can see the best score, which is pointless. Jp could easily add it though, normally.
Treazer 11 years ago
  Actually there's still a problem: If you wanna check your score ingame, you would still need to play the level.
SimonM 11 years ago
  Actually, adding such a feature shouldn't take long, even in an old game. But the question is how, I'll have to find out first. Jp can do it easily. :p
ToughMan 11 years ago
  If you do that Simon it will be amazing because PI has a competitive advantage. It is a fairly new game so it will not need much time to do it, right? I am more concerned about the load of work that is required for BB and BB2.
SimonM 11 years ago
  I'll try to implement it in PI.
Treazer 11 years ago
  Hexicube implemented the feature in P4M. But it's really buggy since the servers changed. And this is a feature which will be implemented by the game author, but it should be implemented by jp. And to see the top score you need to play the level, which isn't that what we want. We have that in JG2 too.
ToughMan 11 years ago
  I am only active in BB, BB2 and PI guys. I don't know about the other games. If it already exists in other games it is one more argument why we should try extending these features to the rest of the games.
SimonM 11 years ago
  Path 4 Mouse has it, doesn't it?
If it would be with the officials, it would also be with the accepted in a all level pack.
Treazer 11 years ago
  I completely agree with you ToughMan! :D
ToughMan 11 years ago
  Coming back to point raised by Treazer 3 months ago. Apparently it is easy for the system to tell you your score on official levels. It would be ideal to have the box information tell you the top score as well, not even with a (+) or (-) symbol. It will look at the then current scorelist and produce the best score at the moment. For example the information will tell you "Your Score 31", "Current Top Score 29" so you will know that you need to shave off 2 moves or more to get the/a highscore. This could be applied to all levels (even the not official ones) in all games if my understanding is correct that it is quite easy for the information box to check your score and go through the scorelist. If it is not easy to apply this feature to all levels it would be worth exploring introducing it just to Officials.

On a separate issue, there has been a long debate on ratings. I, myself, many times forget to rate levels as well but I think designers should get the recognition or even critisism for their effort to create levels for the players. In that sense I suggest, in order for your score to be saved and become visible, you will need to rate first. Although you cannot oblige ppl to comment(let alone kids that may play, enjoy the game and probably not even english speaking to come up with comments), it is always easier to force them to rate. In my mind I always have the Unregistered example. I played BB for 1 year before I registered and my scores were not saved. Therefore the restriction and thus the feature exists.It just needs to be applicable to rates as well to registered players.

Thirdly, I believe that NON-Blue (accepted that is) levels Should not be able to receive scores or if possible when levels are accepted by admins to AUTOMATICALLY erase all scores. It has often been the case that levels receive incredible, impossible scores that due to last minute changes are no longer achievable (it has happened to me and many more quite a few time and have lost many more hours).

All the above are small suggestions in order for the community to improve its services towards the members and of course any idea, comment or critisism is always welcome and appreciated.
Treazer 11 years ago
  You should be able to filter the "Unplayed" and "All" tab by category.
SuperDog 11 years ago
  I'd like to bump because this is a useful topic and it would be useful to have a feature to vote for official levels, and you can vote for 3 levels a week or something.

i think it was suggested but bringing it up, some new users here might think of ideas about how to improve the website. jp doesn't look here, but oh well, better than nothing
gundu 11 years ago
  Because in two years I'll be in that college :P

(Well, Actually it's basically 1 year, since for the second year, I will be at the college)
Treazer 11 years ago
  How can you be sure that you've finished an iPhone game in 2 years then? :P
gundu 11 years ago
  At this moment... no

But that's what school's for, right?
Treazer 11 years ago
  Do you have experience?
gundu 11 years ago
  Actually, if anyone can wait 2 years there'll be other iPhone games made by me

Yeh, cause my college program wants us to create 3 iPhone games and other stuffs throughout the year :P

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Post here all your suggestions for new features on the site.
No suggestions for a specific game, only for general interface/features of the site.

If your suggestion concerns the forum use Suggestions for the forum or if it is about a game idea use BL game ideas
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg