Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Hog Pop"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

jp 15 years ago
  I've created a new kind of curves that makes the hedgehog bounce a lot more. You can view it on "The snake". You can't set the bounce power as you suggested it in the posts, but I guess a low bouncing and a high bouncing curve is enough. Becareful when using this as the hedgedog can bounce forever on it :)
jp 15 years ago
  For now I will select a couple of members to see what kind of levels they can do with the game. I don't feel totally satisfied with this game. It's fine but not very good...
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Welcome to the testing Trkzgr :D
Friend 15 years ago
  Delays???
Trkzgr 15 years ago
  Any chance to be a tester jp ? or is it too early =)
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Very nice feature!
jp 15 years ago
  I've added a "split" button on the paths, that allows to split the delays along the path. So in one click you can make many items following each otheres on the path. You can use the button with a short path and then increase the size of the path, if you don't want to split the delays along the whole path.
Not sure if it's clear, ut it should be when you try it.

I've just used it on the "Bubble around" to have a constant distance between each bubbles.

I think that there can be a wide range of levels with bubbles moving along a path.

@Asforien, let me knwo if you manage to reproduce the bug about X bubbles to pop with X negative.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Would be annoying is some cases, but yes.
Friend 15 years ago
  Would the amount of bounce being connected to size of the curve work? (uhhhhhh...)
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Though there's not a visual implication indicating the delay of a breakable curve i get your point. I don't see a simple way either...
Asforien 15 years ago
  In the level "The cross", if you do not pop all the bubbles the message "0 shots left, X bubbles left to pop" still appears when X is a negative number.

[edit] Okay, I don't see it anymore, maybe it was a rare bug.
jp 15 years ago
  That would be possible but there must be a visual implication on the curve. I don't see a simple way to make this.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Could it be possible to add a feature to make the bouncing wall bounce more or less?
jp 15 years ago
  Maybe bombs could break the breakable curves the same way it breaks when the hog touches it ? This would be not so hard to code this way.
Asforien 15 years ago
  I was thinking, since there's a bomb bubble now maybe you could add walls that get destroyed by bombs (or even arrows) But would that be too hard to code?
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Gief Tester xD!
jp 15 years ago
  About combo, you're right but if I wait the end of the arrows, I have to prevent the hog from jumping anotehr time ? And if an arrows is falling on the hog I guess this will be frustrating not to be able to jump ? I don't have any satisfying solution in mind right now...
[edit] OK I got an idea, the points still runs until all animations are over OR the hedgedog jumps.
[edit2] Done and uploaded

For the bomb rewind bug, I will look at it.
[edit2]Can you tell me if you see it again, I don't see it anymore.

For the new special bubble, I will add a parameter (rebirth count) in the basic bubbles.
[edit4] DONE!

If you see again the bug of the blank screen, please post the latest lines here. Thx :)
[edit3] I think I've corrected the bug now, let me know if you see it again.
Asforien 15 years ago
  The combo count and appearance of other related things (such as "out of shots" messages) should appear after all arrows and bombs have stopped animating?

This occurred once or twice only, but the bomb bubbles didn't reset properly when I rewinded the level.

I want to suggest 1 more special bubble =D Bubbles that need to be popped more than once (eg, set a value from 2-5) in order to clear.
jp 15 years ago
  @birjolaxew , you have to wait a few weeks before it is public. There will be private beta testings before and I will post here.

@Asforien, thx, I've uplaoded a new version with more traces in the bug zone. This is strange I can't get the bug anymore since I added the traces...
In the new version, the main changes are : arrow bonus can kill the hog if it is striken by the arrow, and I've added a new bomb bonus that can also kill the hog if he's too close. The rolling stone bonus has been removed.
Asforien 15 years ago
  unserializeAndPlay (initializing=false)
newGame a
newGame b
newGame a
newGame b
newGame a
newGame b
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Is it possible to say when this game will be made public? Is it at some months, weeks or only days?
jp 15 years ago
  I thought the speed pwup could be nice for a few "sit down and watch" levels.

For the stick bubble and the breakline, you're right for your 2 leels, but I feel we can make different kind of levels with them, so'I'll keep them for now.

I will put the dev in standby for a few days to work and think about your feedback.

[edit] I've added some debug traces, if ever you see the bug again, copy paste the latest lines of the traces here.
It seems I've lied about stoping the dev :) I've uploaded a new version with a new arrow bonus, scroll zone feature, and min pop bubbles feature.
Asforien 15 years ago
  I think you should have a penalty for using rewinds, such as deducting 1 point/1 shot for every rewind used. And the speed powerup doesn't seem to belong here... Those kinds of levels should be on RT instead.

Cannons and break lines seem to serve the same purpose. In both "Double Sided" and "4 Cannons" they can be replaced by each other.
jp 15 years ago
  Yep the Rolling ball will be removed (replaced by another bubble called Baby hog).
I agree also on breakable lines, despite I'e already used them for a tuto level. I think it can be useful in rare cases.
OK I see no what you had in min for minimum bubble and it's a nice idea, that will allow to make more casual levels.
For canons, let's see, I keep them for now.

I never got this bug, but let me know if you see it again and understand in which case it happens.

Also, there might be bonus points when you use less jumps than authorized.
Asforien 15 years ago
  Seems to be a problem with the game... Sometimes it just shows a blank level and the pause message and cannot be unpaused. Then I have to refresh the page.

Also I find the rolling ball to be quite useless. But then again I haven't used it in RT either.

As for minimum bubbles... maybe it could be that the level ends when all bubbles are popped, or you run out of shots but still have popped more than the minimum amount. Good for making bonus levels.

Breakable lines and cannons don't really seem that useful to me either.
Friend 15 years ago
  "You mean, the level would be completed as soon as you poop min bubbles ?"
Is that a spelling mistake? I hope so...

[jp : yep that was an error, I've corrected, thx]
Asforien 15 years ago
  Some cosmetic issues:
1) The balloon's tooltip in the editor is "low gravity", but actually, it works more like a "float" powerup.
2) The dead line appears mostly white when placed at some positions, which might confuse players.
3) Maybe powerup bubbles could be coloured, like how the speed powerup is slightly yellow. Size up powerup could be grey, for example.
4) More colours for plain bubbles would be nice =)
lineplus 15 years ago
  Thank you JP :)
jp 15 years ago
  @lineplus, the game is in early steps, it will not be public before several weeks :)

@Asforien
1) OK
2) Maybe I should replace it by a balloon. [edit:done]
3) OK [edit:done]
4) You mean, the level would be completed as soon as you pop min bubbles ?
lineplus 15 years ago
  They can post ? :P
This game would have to wait much before being finalized ?

Thanks, Line+

Games forum

Play Game "Hog Pop"

First post of the topic

Asforien 15 years ago
  1) I think the camera should be more zoomed out by default and can zoom further since all the bubbles are so big...

2) Hot hair powerup is a bubble? oO

3) Death bubble and ball don't really look like harmful items... Maybe a skull picture would be better?

4) Allow users to set the minimum number of bubbles to be popped? Might be useful, though there's already maximum jumps.

The game is really very similar to RT... even the music, haha.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg