Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Hog Pop"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

burfy 15 years ago
  yeah, that's what I was thinking about too...
Asforien 15 years ago
  Suggestion: option to exclude specific bubbles out of the total bubble count. Such bubbles could be colored completely grey. For example, a grey catch bubble can be used to shoot but it doesn't matter if you collect it or not. This could be useful in a level like 'Roundabout' where you don't necessarily need to use all 8 shots.
jp 15 years ago
  Ah OK, the problem is that sound takes a lot of place. But that's a good idea.
@birjolaxew, I don't think this will be a big success neither. I don't think BLockoban and RT was big success neither. Maybe one day a big success on BL but not this time :). I have to find this simple idea that is simply smart and fun!
But CoBacoLi was released ouside of BonusLevel and it has been played quite a lot. That's why there are very few plays here, but it did very well outside.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  A sound triggered by a switch etc.
Nevermind, i was just thinking about it.

birjolaxew: "I think this is a little to much like CoBaCoLi"
- O.o?
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  I think this is a little like CoBaCoLi, and CoBaCoLi is the game on this website that has been played less times, so i dont think this will be a verry big succes.
jp 15 years ago
  What do you mean by "sound feature" ?
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Could you make a "I Hate Skulls Too"-level?
And soon jp would make a skull game...

Could it be possible to make a sound feature? :D
jp 15 years ago
  Yes it's a problem of the BL engine for sure.

Friend, I've added you to the testers list.

I will add all those who ask from now as the game is now quite adanced and we have a couple of good levels that can show the way.
minmay 15 years ago
  All levels. I guess it's definitely a bug in the BonusLevel engine then - as long as you don't add a new level every five minutes we should be fine :)
Friend 15 years ago
  "It happened to me too few times now, but maybe at this moment it was caused by the fact that you were adding official levels, so if one is played and a new with smaller number is added in the meantime, it freezes cause they are locked" If burfy is right, than the problem stopped on BLockoban and RT when jp unlocked all the levels! I'd like to be a tester only I don't know how I could help... only if there was a problem. neither of those sentences were very helpful so bye.
jp 15 years ago
  Ah OK, thx burfy, now that you say it, this sounds logical. This will help me to understand the problem.
burfy 15 years ago
  It happened to me too few times now, but maybe at this moment it was caused by the fact that you were adding official levels, so if one is played and a new with smaller number is added in the meantime, it freezes cause they are locked...I think :)
jp 15 years ago
  Very annoying. I don't remember what I did to correct this on RT. Did I post something on RT comments ?
Does it happen on a specific level or on all levels ?
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  "Would never think of poking a rolling turtle" :)
minmay 15 years ago
  The game has a very nasty habit of freezing when a level is completed. The buttons won't respond and the player has to refresh the page (restarting the game). This happens about one out of every 20 levels completed.
Thankfully the level still counts as being completed, but it's annoying nontheless.

I remember this happened in BLockoban and Rolling Turtle but was fixed. Hmm...
jp 15 years ago
  ^_^
minmay 15 years ago
  This hedgehog isn't like the ones in Rolling Turtle. The Rolling Turtle hedgehogs are cold and faceless, caring about nothing but bringing an untimely end to the unfortunate turtle.
This hedgehog, however, is lighthearted, happy-go-lucky, and would never even think of poking a rolling turtle.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  minmay: "I Hate Hedgehogs Too".
O rly?
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Yes, that was what i ment...
jp 15 years ago
  Sorry guys, it's corrected now.
Asforien 15 years ago
  Hey JP, I think the regular bounce line has been set to bounce+ as well. It's creating some problems such as lag in the Rebirth level.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  The tutorial levels i mean. :P
Tuto - Bubble bumps
Tuto - Bouncy ground
jp 15 years ago
  Thx Matty, TheNiNJa, I think you are talking about levels you didn't upload yet ?
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  I think that bounce and bounce+ has the same bounce-amount? Try "Bubble bumps" or "Bouncy ground" to see what i mean..
Matty 15 years ago
  Haha! Nice game JP! ;D Reminds me of good old Bloons!
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Oh, thanks!
jp 15 years ago
  For the thumbnail, just pause the game with any key and then press the CAPTURE button.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  It's very hard to make an ingame-thumbnail because of the "aiming curve". Could it be possible to enable/disable it?
jp 15 years ago
  I've added a new teleportation bubble. You can test it on the new tuto level.

@Friend, the delays are in the paths. each object moved by the path has a delay parameter in pixels. The object is moved X pixels behind the cursor. It's already in RT.
Friend 15 years ago
  What are DELAYS how do I use them and can they be used on RT?

Games forum

Play Game "Hog Pop"

First post of the topic

Asforien 15 years ago
  1) I think the camera should be more zoomed out by default and can zoom further since all the bubbles are so big...

2) Hot hair powerup is a bubble? oO

3) Death bubble and ball don't really look like harmful items... Maybe a skull picture would be better?

4) Allow users to set the minimum number of bubbles to be popped? Might be useful, though there's already maximum jumps.

The game is really very similar to RT... even the music, haha.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg