Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Hog Pop"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Friend 15 years ago
  would you also like to test push???
madssdam1332 15 years ago
  I will like to be a tester to if i can.
xmachinex 15 years ago
  hi! .. i just read that there ist a new game .. or even two :> ... maby some1 can add me to testers =)?
Friend 15 years ago
  MORE SUGGESTIONS:

1-no pop bubbles, with some sort of graphical difference, such as a pink border, to allow you to warp between two boxes continuously or require avoid a skull multiple times, there could also be switches to make them poppable, so you have to pop each bubble in order.

2-uh... well... there is no two.
Asforien 15 years ago
  You could add the color parameter to all bubbles, or at least the skull and star ones.

And regarding invisible lines, there are a lot of things to consider, such as:
- Whether to set an invisible parameter for the curves so they can be constructed more easily. Or to make a new type of line altogether.
- Invisible dead lines? Should they be allowed?
- Invisible lines could be put over background lines, making them non-background, which might make things confusing.

Then again, there are already levels which stack two types of curves together.
jp 15 years ago
  My internet connection is too laggy/buggy to play the games, but I can read some messages.
thx of rthe suggestions.
For the upper limit, I can add it for sure when it's an infinite powerups.
Asforien 15 years ago
  jp, maybe you need to set an upper limit such that the hog dies when it flies too high while using a float powerup.

[edit] One more thing, is there a visual differentiation for nostick bounce curves?
Friend 15 years ago
  SUGGESTIONS:

Sticky break ground-you can't jump while on it, you have to wait for it to break.

Space mode-there is no gravity, you just float in one direction until you hit a wall.

Miniature hogs-smaller versions of you that follow you around on some levels, helping you pop bubbles.
WooHooII 15 years ago
  Okay, it turns out this game is much easier than I thought. It's funny how the difficulty goes down when you realize that you don't have to have the screen sliding around while you're trying to aim.
burfy 15 years ago
  Have a nice time jp :-)
jp 15 years ago
  jessiah, you've been added.
As you may ahve noticed, I mae a few changes to the presentation. And now you are notified when the level is in "Rebirth mode". If you find a better expression for "Rebirth mode" let me know.

I will be off (vacations) for 1 or 2 weeks Hope I can check the site from time to time. Asforien is admin and can accept the levels.
Asforien 15 years ago
  It's still in the testing stage. jp will probably add you as a tester if you want... but actually why not open it up officially already =)
jessiah96 15 years ago
  How Come I can't play Hog Pop?
minmay 15 years ago
  It's like Rolling Turtle in the same sense that Breakout is like Space Invaders.

I think that's actually a pretty good description...
Sword-Guy 15 years ago
  is this a game like RT? or something different?
jp 15 years ago
  Multiplayer games require too much time/servers. While I'm alone on the site dev, you can forget it :)

I've updated the game with a few chagnes :

- unlimited powerup when duration is set to zero
- stick parameter to allow or not the hog to stick on a curve, use only on curves where the hog can escape by sliding.
- the BOUNCE+ type is a little less bouncy.
Friend 15 years ago
  Well, I'd personally suggest the private messages of jp or tonypa or someone like that, but since you already posted your message that isn't important.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Yes :P
Friend 15 years ago
  Is that the comment you wanted to post?
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Where do i post comments like: "Would it be possible to make a multiplayer BonusLevel game?"
jp 15 years ago
  Done, now I display the number of remaining bubbles to pop instead of the number of rebirths. Also, when there is no more rebirth, I still display the "1" to show this was a rebirth bubble.

Btw, I've corrected the bug of remaining "WAIT..." that was happening from time to time when completing a level. The correction should apply to every game so let me know if you see it again.
Friend 15 years ago
  it's confusing in the tuto, but you get used to it.
Asforien 15 years ago
  It might be confusing that a bubble with the number 3 on it has to be popped 4 times and not 3, so maybe it would be better to skip the number 1 and label a bubble that respawns once as "2" etc...
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Now i understand what what BonusLevel HomePage is about! :D
jp 15 years ago
  WooHooII, your BonusLevel level was very good even when you don't know it's a screenshot of the homepage.

I don't mind private jokes, but maybe later when the game is released. Levels with private jokes can be accepted but for official levels I prefer neutral levels or private jokes/sequels refering to a previous official level in the same game.

[edit] The reason being also because usually a free version of the game embedding all official levels is released for other websites a few months after it was released here on bonuslevel.

[edit2] Just saw the BonusLevel level by TheNiNJa on HogPop, it's also very good. I can be a good promotion for the site to get new players, designers, so it might be in official levels too.
Friend 15 years ago
  Those were advertising, in hog pop it's different :P
WooHooII 15 years ago
  What's wrong with private jokes? You didn't seem to mind my BonusLevel and BLockoban refrences in RT (or burfy's Hitchhiker's Guide refrences).
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Right. :P
jp 15 years ago
  I don't feel that Hog Pop is suit for stories like in RT. As I told in the comments of one level, we must forget RT when designing Hog Pop levels. Most of the Hog Pop players will not know anything about RT, and they will not undertand our private jokes :).
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Trkzgr, i was thinking about something...
Your epic story "Story of a Turtle" is a masterpiece.
I think it would be awesome running a parallel story... "Story of a Hedgehog", describing why the hedgehogs moved to the surface etc.

Games forum

Play Game "Hog Pop"

First post of the topic

Asforien 15 years ago
  1) I think the camera should be more zoomed out by default and can zoom further since all the bubbles are so big...

2) Hot hair powerup is a bubble? oO

3) Death bubble and ball don't really look like harmful items... Maybe a skull picture would be better?

4) Allow users to set the minimum number of bubbles to be popped? Might be useful, though there's already maximum jumps.

The game is really very similar to RT... even the music, haha.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg