Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Hog Pop"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 13 years ago
  Well, on the trusted member collab, it'll have to be an expansive editor things tutorial. :/
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Gotta beat 'm all!
chris3000 13 years ago
  100 levels left, trying to beat them all
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I have an idea for a level, remember crossroads ?
Another compact level would be nice ;)
I already started off a level, but you can make a new one if you want.
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Can't right now. Gotta go to bed.

edit: Nvm, made it now! :D
Ahroo 13 years ago
  That's what the topic is for. :p

NOW MAKE ONE.

... or find pop12 and get him to make 20 of them. xD
chris3000 13 years ago
  i've got a good memory, so i won't forget
  I hope no one forgets ;O
Ahroo 13 years ago
  We'll do that after the apocalypse contest. :/
  Lolz, sounds complicated.

Anyone wanna start the trusted lvl?
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Radar-based level... I got bored and decided to trash the idea. :p
  What idea is it? :p
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I HAD an idea, but it's for RT... and wouldn't be so good for a n00b orientation level. :/
  Crap. I has no ideas! :(

DY & Ahroo, I grant you permission to start the level, but add me as a co-editor, ok?
Ahroo 13 years ago
  DY is right. I'm in! >:3

Of course, I'll back up the art while you all do the level. xD
  Yeah! Is it possible for co-editors of a lvl who are trusted to edit the lvl, cuz it could be a collab, and it could be not!
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  I think the level should be blue, it would stay on the front page so people could veiw it. It would be like a special event.

Now pm jp!
  Can someone start a topic for this? I'm too lazy :P
Ahroo 13 years ago
  DY is technically an admin. He's in. :/
  @CamoDragoon @ chris1

The best we can do is let an admin comment in the lvl and not make it blue
chris3000 13 years ago
  i wish i could join, but i'm not trusted, xD
  You mean, you actually like my idea? :D :D :D
CamoDragoon 13 years ago
  Awwwwwww......
XD
Seriously, though, I would love to be in it if I could.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Why don't we also leave info bubbles here, to explain what it should be in words as well as a visual? :/
  I think it would just be trusted HP membors, but there could be these types of events in other games too.
CamoDragoon 13 years ago
  All trusted? Like, for all games? If so, I'm in. I'm not bad at designing if I do say so myself. :)
"CHeck out DataCore for more info."(JG2)
  yah, that would make the most sense; a cycle between all trusted membors/admins. Since it was gamelover's idea, he should get the honors of starting it off. He should also make a picture of what he wants it to look like (posted on the level comments or sent in a pm to all membors). But not yet, because we need to plan the date and do the stuff in my last post...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  How about we go in a cycle, too? e.g. DY, Me, GL101, repeat. :/
  @Gamelover- That sounds like a really good idea to teach new membors on how a good level is built. They could veiw it each day to see the process between the start and finish of a level.

But when making the level you need to make shure that players are unable to reach the goal until the level is finished (you could put a box around the goal).
I also think you should get jp involved. He could send a bl newsletter to all membors signed up for it, that focuses on the level and recomends it to new membors to veiw each day.
So each day you should take turns editing the level slightly, and uploading the changes once each day (so new membors can veiw the changes eah day. There should also be a slide (I could do that). Also each day a screen shot would be taken (i could also do that) and these pictures could be posted on the "edit" instructions as a step by step designing tutorial.

In conclusion, this would be a great way to teach new membors, or old membors, new stratagies and improve level designing overall. We just need to get jp here for this special event. You can try to PM him and mention that I recomend it. I think we should set a date for this level (maybe after the apocalypse contest ends) And have 7-14 days for its creation (because it needs to be created at a step by step pace to work). So again, Exellent idea gamelover, sorry aout the long speech.
  OK?

Games forum

Play Game "Hog Pop"

First post of the topic

Asforien 15 years ago
  1) I think the camera should be more zoomed out by default and can zoom further since all the bubbles are so big...

2) Hot hair powerup is a bubble? oO

3) Death bubble and ball don't really look like harmful items... Maybe a skull picture would be better?

4) Allow users to set the minimum number of bubbles to be popped? Might be useful, though there's already maximum jumps.

The game is really very similar to RT... even the music, haha.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg