Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Moonlights"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

oggologgo 14 years ago
  Where are the instructions? I don't get most of the levels. Can you do anything else than just left clicking with the mouse?
oggologgo 14 years ago
  Very pretty game. Concept is not new, but very well made and nice variation of it. (edit: Actually very different from the usual tower builder)
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Contest is over a long time ago...
SuperDog 14 years ago
  I want jp to win the contest
murtaza64 14 years ago
  jp, are you checking new levels?
because I have for 2 days.
SuperDog 14 years ago
  Look at that:
SPOILER
DragonPower 14 years ago
  I agree with SuperDog...
SuperDog 14 years ago
  We need MORE ADMINS
evilglass 14 years ago
  Thats harsh.
Im 14 years ago
  It's not unfair... He's the site admin, right...?
He made the site!
DragonPower 14 years ago
  I agree with Zodiac and Ost...Very sorry Jp :(
ost000101 14 years ago
  I agree with Zodiac!
This is UF! [Unfair!]
Zodiac 14 years ago
  Thats very unfair if jp know who rated anything he should limit him to "Cant rate levels"!
Petroski 14 years ago
  wow that's wierd
Elizea 14 years ago
  someone has had fun voting nearly all my levels down... i was still yesterday with designer score +4.5 and now its 4.3... and i havent got levels evaluated...
1jase 14 years ago
  I was just thinking that it is a good thing you are not an admin :P

and yes you are right about the "moons are what they are"

and sometimes if the background is to black i can't see the nodes

and there should be a Zoom in-out button
Asforien 14 years ago
  It's a personal preference, so I might not like them but I'm sure most of the rest of BL likes the accepted levels. In short, what I like is simple, creative levels. You can have a theme but it can't be too complicated either.

I think it's inevitable that majority of the levels turned out to be so complex in design, it's because previous games on BL such as Rolling Turtle and Jump Gear have encouraged extra design in the levels (with background lines and text info etc).

But I was thinking Moonlights should be different, the music and the theme (reaching the moon) all contribute towards a relaxing, peaceful theme. Clearly, having background lines in Moonlights would completely ruin the circular motif that's running in the game, but 'forcing' shapes by using moons is also very inappropriate, to me. So I would prefer levels that use the moons as what they are, circles, and not lumps or warts or whatever.

By the way, doesn't anyone else here feel that the game is too zoomed out?
SuperDog 14 years ago
  Uhh... I love this game. I made 2 accepted levels xD
1jase 14 years ago
  well its kinda repetitive but its has a good challenge. and also i am making levels that you might like more so..ya

ty :)
Asforien 14 years ago
  I don't really like Speed Crawl either, honestly, though there are 2 key differences: 1) no deleting required 2) time matters

And care to explain, how Dangling is like Crawler? It was partly meant as a 'clue' to help Ferris Wheel, seeing how many people were doing well over 200 moves. And that shows, that mechanic is a much underused one that not many people are familiar with.

p.s. don't feel sad I liked Inclosed :P
1jase 14 years ago
  but I only have 4 and half of them he hates. :(

anyway i have to disagree with you asforien.
what about your levels like

Speed Crawl (Moonlights)
and
Dangling (Moonlights)
those are kind of like Crawler
Elizea 14 years ago
  you have them like 5 millions, so 5 isnt that much... xD
gundu 14 years ago
  You hate 5 of my official levels... Great? xD
Asforien 14 years ago
  It's true, I like very few levels on Moonlights. Examples:
Claustrophobia (Moonlights), but actually could have been executed with fewer moons (use red moons to build the cave).
Falling planets (Moonlights), Fall from Heaven (Moonlights), Inclosed (Moonlights), Bad Ice (Moonlights), No Gravity! (Moonlights), Wind Storm (Moonlights), Bubble Way (Moonlights)
Frozen and Alone (Moonlights) is interesting but as usual, I don't like using tens of moons to build walls.
Snowman (Moonlights) is an example of a themed level that is simple in design.
Jackpot (Moonlights) the grid is unnecessary large, but UNIQUE CONCEPT!
Back and Forth (Moonlights), but non-text directions would be better eg. moving arrow made up of a few moons.

I like Captain_404's levels, they're very minimal in design: Below and Beside (Moonlights), A Little Riddle (Moonlights)
And of course, the simplest last level, ever. Twin Towers (Moonlights)

That's about all the levels that left an impression. And of course my levels, but that goes without saying, I designed levels to fill some niches which I felt Moonlights was severely lacking in.

Now, for the official levels I [s]HATE[/s] have some problems with:
Crawler (Moonlights) oh come on 33 moves? That's like 10 cycles of deleting nodes! Okay but this level is good.
In the Middle (Moonlights) ugly design, gameplay is not groundbreaking either.
Rolling Turtle (Moonlights), MoonLights (Moonlights), Roundoban (Moonlights) sorry, I find these levels ugly.
Solar System (Moonlights) too much stretching is very unnatural.
Save your friend! (Moonlights) the idea is good but design is very cluttered.
Climb That! (Moonlights) Okay, the only problem is that it's too long.
Rotations (Moonlights) 'rotation' is a horrible design concept to me.
Jos 14 years ago
  Yes, I stant 5th!
SuperDog 14 years ago
  Mine is 123 OMG

yay I'm better than supermario
SuperMario 14 years ago
  I like this game but my rank is 135th.
Sword-Guy 14 years ago
  click wrench and then click the moon, then expand the red border
clubpenguinfanclub12 14 years ago
  does anyone know how to make your moon bigger? in edit mode...
SuperDog 14 years ago
  I did call for an admin

yay accepted

Games forum

Play Game "Moonlights"

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  I'm working on a game for the 4K Flash game competition (not a lot of money to earn but sounds like a very fun competition). I plan to submit here a full version of the game soon here.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg