Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Jump Gear 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

birjolaxew 15 years ago
  @Captain_404:
Yes, thats right, i also told jp that in a comment, at one of the first times i played the levels.

How about letting, the creator of a level choose themself how many points you will get whit a trick?
jp 15 years ago
  Thx for the feedback. I've changed the isntructions as you suggested.
The Trainer mode is implemented.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  If you start the game holding down the up arrow key, it won't activate your engine and you'll just end up with a bad start.

On trainer mode: I think it's alright to exclude people who don't complete the level within a certain time period from scoring, but I think they should at least unlock the next level (if the two actions can be separate). Personally, I think a player should be able to pass a level even if they pass it poorly, not everyone is as good as birjolaxew ;)

Like THeNiNJa said, your instructions are a bit confusing, perhaps they would read better as up/down = accelerate and left/right = rotate?
jp 15 years ago
  @lineplus, if you wish to implement a BL game, i will answer your questions here

@TheNinja, Thx for the feedback, I corrected and implemented some of your suggestions. I can't give too many points for a trick because I don't want somebody stop just before the finish line and make tricks because they earn more than the remaining seconds. Double backflip (and over) is now 200 points.
I've added 2 paterns to he tribe2 .mod that i did myslef ^_^ , the one behing played after you reach the finish line.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  For BL?

I got TRIBE2.MOD, and finally found a program that could play it (WINAMP). But your version differs to the one i found >:(
:P
lineplus 15 years ago
  Thank you ;-)
PS: I think soon create my first Flash game ;-)
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Suggestions:
- Different colours and bigger "explosion" the more flips.
- Also, i think that the flips should give more points. At the moment they don't matter at all. And i think that a double backflip should give more points than two backflips.

Corrections:
- You misspelled backflip. ("bacflip")
- If you flip and then backflip it says: "double bacflip". The opposite happens if you start with a backflip.
- I think that the control-help is wrong? It says flip with up and down, which is accelerate. And spin wheels with left and right, which is flip.
jp 15 years ago
  Game updated with a few suggestions by Captain_404 :
- Trick is taken in to account when you land even if you didn't flip a complete turn.
- Animations has been added around the tricks.

Next will come the Trainer mode I think.

@TheNinja, thanks for the bug report, will look at it.

@birjolaxew, nice idea, I will see if it is possible to add more kind of tricks.

@lineplus, you will be added soon.

I've removed all comments about records as I try to keep the mesage stream as clear as possible. we are only a few players and I imagine this will be worse when the game is public.
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Can you also make a manual (Where you stand on the back/front wheel for a longer time) a trick?
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  All hail you birjolaxew... I kneel before thee.
lineplus 15 years ago
  Sorry, registrations are they closed? :)
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  jp, in birjolaxews level Backwards Climbing, the sound of a breaking curve NEVER stops.
jp 15 years ago
  Thx Captain!
- About the count down, you're maybe right. As I would like to keep this explosion I worked on, maybe I can add a "Training mode" where you never die but you don't score neither. Let's say when the count down arrives at 10 seconds, I display a tooltip "Press [T] to enter training mode!".
- About tricks, yes if you only rotate 359° and then touch the ground, it doesn't count. I think I will change this, as it might be frustrating.
- About trick animations, yes you're so right. (how do you call it after "double flip", "triple flip" ? and then for 4, 5, 6, n flips ? [edit] OK I've found it)
- About the controls you're right too, but I'm a little bit lazy right now :). Maybe I can try to make somethign I can resue in my next games.

The current version is working right now, if you get a chance to install the debug player on your configuration that is not working , and if it displays an error, that would help if you send it to me by email. Several persons reported problems on some mac configurations. I personnally tested it on several macs on safari and it was working on all configurations. So I'm totally stuck on these problems.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  My first remark, from just now starting the game, is that competing with top-scores for each level is hard for me, and I'm sure will be even harder for more casual game players than me.

It would be nice if your slowness didn't kill you, but rather, you experience the natural consequence of maybe not seeing how a top-player does a certain part of the map.

About tricks, they seem to work nicely, haven't found many really annoying bugs so far. There were a few times when I thought I had made a jump or a flip but it didn't count it. I specifically remember it counting it a long while after I had already hit the ground.

Furthermore, I don't think the player is reward enough for getting them, but more in a sort of emotional sense rather than scoring. The little star at the bottom of the screen just sort of says "Oh, I guess you did something kind of special, maybe." It's sort of ambivalent.

I'd like to see more of a reward animation, something really over the top. Maybe fireworks in the background, stars shoot our from your character as he gets a huge grin on his face, some text could pop out that says "flip!", "double flip", "backflip!", etc. Maybe you could have a different animation for each kind of trick too.

I'd also really like to see the option to customize your controls. The up/down as accelerate/decelerate always confused me with these sorts of games.

I'll post some more impressions once I get a better chance to play it.

Edit: understand that I tried to play the game without thinking of it as a sequel to jump gear, but rather a game on it's own. Probably a few of my suggestions should be ignored just for the sake of franchise continuity.

Edit2: either the current version isn't working right now or it does work on my mac with ff2. It gets stuck on the "presented by" page.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  "Well, can't have any of that, can we? ;)"
- cheese9
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Yes! Got all the records!
jp 15 years ago
  Thx THeNiNJa. I've corrected the game freeze, you shouldnot see it anymore. I've added the music credit in the "How to play?" tab.
For the easier levels, you're right but you didn't followed your suggestion with your great level ^_^
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Fantastic game! I love the gameplay, the controls, the graphics and the music aswell. :D
- Sometimes if land hard the game freezes. Anyone else expiriencing this?
- The game definently needs some easier levels.
- What is the name of the song? ;)
jp 15 years ago
  The game is updated.
- Tricks have been added
- The "Knock out" effect has been improved (it doesn't appear anymore when knocking the head from the bottom).

New testers : Captain_404, THeNiNJa , and Sword-Guy.

I'm waiting some feedback about the tricks, are they clear enough to understand, are they really necessary, does they add some fun ?

Also about the controls.

And all other subjects you might wanted to talk about.

@birjolaxew, what you ask is not possible. The finish line must be on the right of the hero.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Try to ask jp to change it. :)
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Yes, but im making a go backwards level so it is annoying!
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  That's just how the game swf is made?
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  I mean, that if you create a level, and then move the goal to the left of the place where the car starts, will the level, as soon as it starts be completed! Why?
jessiah96 15 years ago
  jp can i plz play jump gear 2
Friend 15 years ago
  i think birjolaxew wants to know why the level doesn't end until you pass the goal/exit, instead of ending as soon as you touch it (if that's any easier to understand, and it might not be what he meant)
jp 15 years ago
  @bitjolaxew, for the pg up pg down, this is what I intended to do.
For the other problem I don't understand, try to describe more precisely the problem please.
@Friend, thx, I willadd you in the next waves.
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Why is it, when you are on right side of finish that you have completed and not when you touch it? Also on my computer is zoom out/in "Pg up"/"Pg down".
Friend 15 years ago
  if i'm needed i would test this game.
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Great music! Where do you get all this perfect music to all your games? First time i hear it (A sound problem on my computer has been fixed)
jessiah96 15 years ago
  jp can i be a tester plz

Games forum

Play Game "Jump Gear 2"

First post of the topic

THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Discovery! A new game!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg