Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Jump Gear 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

jp 15 years ago
  Oops, there was a small update in the editor that seems to fail :) I need to fix this (in a few hours I'll edit this post when it's done).

[EDIT] the editor is repaired now!

I don't plan to add powerups at first. It's too much work and I prefer to see how will react the players. Then myabe I can make a jump gear 2.1
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Well, I love the game right now. Are you going to add powerups etc?

The level editor isn't working, but that's probably just because it's in the test phase.

It's a very good game!
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Yer what happened to the editor?
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  I think that some of the testers will be against this update, as it is a major change. I guess it will take a while for them to get used to the engine, but i'm sure they will. While this update removes some possibilities, it adds some aswell.

But what has happened to the editor?
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Thank you so much!

[edit JP] You're welcome, I've added you before others in the waiting list because you had posetd very early in this thread but I was not sure you watned to be tester. Now I'm waiting your feedback about the game ;).
jp 15 years ago
  I'm really sorry for your scores, I know you spent a lot fo time on the game but you will certainly make better scores now. Btw, wait before everybody agree on the new engnie before trying to get the best scores.

OK I've removed the arrows ion the wheel.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  [Positive Feedback]:

* You have certaintly succeeded at the obstacle thingie. I can do funland without jumping now.

* You can still "cablecar" even if you have one wheel on top and the rest under.

* I don't think that levels will be impossible? Overall i think it's a very nice update.

---

[Negative Feedback]:

* I think both wheels should turn orange, instead of the arrows, as they are frustrating and i think most people know which way the wheels are turning.

* Noes! My scores! =(

---

You want remove the ghost rider, it will be working again with the new scores, right?

Does this have any influence on my level? :b

[edit]: I've just completed all official levels (but Backwards Climbings, which i wouldn't have been able to do anyways), confirming that it's not impossible.
jp 15 years ago
  If really everybody don't like the new engine, I can go back easily.
The game is in test phase, and scores can be reseted at anytime during this phase.

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer the new engine becasue it's not easy for casual players that only the front wheel accelerate.
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  What! Reset all score! Are you insane! I have used weeks at getting my scores! The wheels look ugly now and is frustrating when playing. It´s to hard to get up again when you are on your head, and what is the obstacles that is to hard?
jp 15 years ago
  [ENGINE UPDATE]
Sorry the ghost replay will not be valid anymore, and I will have to reset all scores.
Now the 2 wheels are motorised, because I found it hard to pass certain obstacles without this feature.
Some level might be very hard/impossible now. I will make some little adjsutements to the engine.

I wish o nkow your feedbakc about this new engine, and the opinion of new testers
blueboy, Friend and geckojsc.
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  How about an ability to choose if the finish is vertical or horizontal in the editor?
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Please may I be a tester?
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Yep.. Try adding the code i just made instead of link. I made a little more that you maybe can use to something.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Ok. This is what i'm thinking about for the start of the level: http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq322/THe_NiNJa_photos/highspeed.jpg
Then just whirling alot more before going into something else.
BTW accept me as a friend at steam.
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  I got a idea to the start. Im thinking to. Add this code in the editor:
eNp9lsFt3DAQRcdBgjSg3HlMDUEO6kAtEHAjbCSAWlAHPOSYIvZuNSB
y1wq1JKX54w8LEOzxwx99ztfOWr7t+/Zv3/e/IvJb5PtPOa7Xcn8VKS
wUFkv1p9wvpY5Sr0pvrVo/pVOlSTRNztCR0pVqZ0MDpb0zuEre0EDpy
lxlQzOnrXOGztm4ypHSlWrNNLJQOjFXyaSA2mQSxFnV9Mv92vMtv4dL
e1TlHrqW0qU/V9PsDB0pHah2NjRQ2juDq+wNDZQOzFUyNHG69PcKqHF
lZmVOZLRmGkkoXZirzaSA2s0kSPL1+t1oNdJJZeQhQU1HSleqnQ0NlE
4qXw8JahooXZmrZGjidFIZeUhQ00jpSrVmGkkonZirzaSA2s0kuIGrX
r38atS3XV+pJ5vfwW53+s2hdFHb28Fu13SkdKDa2dBA6aK2mYPdrmmg
dGCusqGZ00Vtbwe7XdNI6UC1ZhpZKF2Yq2RSQG0yCeKs6qfq0t6P92o
EGq637knnix4PMtobUKe15To73/sJ3jhtz31jz33Sw/MP5vl0IY3Ct+
RZdVfw/VsrdaKoT1Q9KwoJnlXvHOFEwUwyfjhR0J31fr6P+Nm/w1Y5O
7XzPhxog8k3wqx6pbVn58eMe4PQYGi4aJ3GRfWsHs0vUAFXN+0KaZur
fNb5pPED9df/Od1lo9FQo23na53fwdWzUlqkfZKnFt7JZ9W1Xzo9fpa
/7SL/AR9pxU8=
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Yes, i'm thinking... You've got to help me here!
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  I think that could be fun, if there also where something different in the lvl.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  High-speed circles?
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  Yeah i think it will be to annoying.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  - Back in bussiness!
I'm against that change too, jp.

Would a desert level be to annoying? (Slow ground)
Sword-Guy 15 years ago
  maybe you could have a "blind mode" checkbox, and if checked, ghost rider would be turned on. it could be in the start screen.

I know nothing about actionscript, but pretty sure you will be able to figure out what I mean(which might not even be correct).if the box was checked ghost rider variable equals 1?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Perhaps the ghost rider could be hidden until you finish the course. So your first run would be your 'finding the way' run and your second could be for getting a highscore.

On tricks, I don't think it's all that confusing as it is now. I think players will quickly realize, "Oh! Tricks add points to my score, I must need to do more tricks."
jp 15 years ago
  I've added Sruixan and Jesiah in testers.

Next in the list :

Friend
blueboy515
lineplus
nightshade1
madssdam1332
madssdam1332 15 years ago
  Can i be a tester?
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  I dont think its a good idea to remove tricks. I have asked my friend, that tryed played on my user, and he told me it didn´t confuse him. I think it will be more frustrating and make players leave the game, if you have to make X tricks before completing.
To remove the ghost rider do i also think is a bad idea. Then do peoples just have to not make that kind of levels!
jp 15 years ago
  I have a problem with tricks.

When you struggle against the ghost rider, you can pass the line before it and still lose the game because it mades more tricks than you. The casual player will not understand this, and IMO it remove some suspens/fun to the game.

Asforien suggested to remove the trick bonus points. Instead of this, the player would have to complete X tricks on a level to complete it. I think it's a good idea, what others think ?

Also I read your suggestion Captain to make an option to disable the ghost rider on some levels where the way you choose is improtant. sure this wuold be nice for the kind of level where you have to find your way, but the ghost rider is an essential part of the game and I wander if allowing to disable it is a good idea. Let's see if we get more levels of this kind later.
nightshade1 15 years ago
  oh ok
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  That's because the game is in test phase, and you're not a tester. You could ask jp to make you a tester, or wait until the game is featured on BonusLevel.
nightshade1 15 years ago
  y cant i play the game
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Great updates.
But if a flip gave like 500 (less/more?) it would matter, but it would be a bad idea to waste time on them at the end.
Nice suggestion, birjolaxew.
What about a combo system like in Hog Pop?

Great job on that patterns jp!

Games forum

Play Game "Jump Gear 2"

First post of the topic

THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Discovery! A new game!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg