Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Pixelized - Official Thread

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

geckojsc 13 years ago
  I'll teach you ActionScript if you want. I've been teaching SimonM because he wants to make a game too.
Which tools are you going to use to program the game? Flex? Or have you managed to obtain a copy of the Flash IDE?
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Can't remember the exact name, but some Adobe book.

And I haven't finished any graphics. Feel free to make some!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  What book is it? I want it! :p

BTW, [cIass=n00b]C4N 1 B3 A TEST0R, pl0X?[/class] :p

EDIT: are your graphics see-able? :/
joe45 13 years ago
  Sounds cool! :D
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Ooh. Interesting!
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Found a tutorial book for ActionScript. I'll just have to gather 14$. Actually, I think I have it, not sure. I have a lot of problems making the graphics for the blocks too... I'll just have to admit that I'm no artist. Off to play Minecraft!
Magic_X 13 years ago
  Wow! Sounds fun! (If you need testers, let me know :D)
Treazer 13 years ago
  Cool! I hope it will be a nice Game! Cant wait for playing it :)
OliAli 13 years ago
  Woot! Great! New game! :) Nice concept, I like games like that!! I hope too I may be a
tesster ;) I'll be happy if I can help :)
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Sounds interesting (I hope I can be in your tester crew :P)
Also ahroo can provide nice graphics.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Exactly. That post wasn't aimed at you personally, more on the 150+ people that'll spam CANZ I BEH TEZTER?!?1? later on.
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  I know that Birjolaxew, but it's atleast better than asking when 20 others already are
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Nice, I can't wait to play it!
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  That's great to hear. However, it won't go fast at all. As I stated in the main post, the public release will probably be late 2011. I haven't decided who'll be testers yet, so it's always worth a try to ask! However, asking first won't necessarily mean that you'll become tester.
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  Great, can't wait to play it :)

SPOILER
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  As I reached the character limit in the first post, I'm going to update here.

Different game modes?
As a start I'll only make one. The arcade version. As explained in the main post, you'll have to build your way to the top. Later on, I'm going to add different modes to the arcade version. An example could be winter mode, adding two extra blocks to the list (ice, and snow). An adventure mode is planned too. The game will create an endless world, and you'll then have to mine resources, to survive. Think Minecraft Alpha.

Can I help?
As I'm a terrible graphic artist, I would appreciate any help with the graphics. What'll you get in return you ask? If I end up using your graphics, I'll add you to a "Credit" section of the game, and add you as tester.
I need the following graphics:
Background

Remember, this is volunteered work, and noone forces you to make anything!

Can I be a tester?
As the game isn't released yet, no. Not yet. You can however, ask for it. Remember, that even if you ask before a certain member, doesn't mean s/he won't earn tester, while you won't.
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  This will be a BL-game right?
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Pixelized - Official Thread

What is Pixelized?

Pixelized is a future game, currently being developed by birjolaxew. It's in the development state, and - due to different obstacles - it won't be released to the public before 2011. It will probably go into testing state early-middle 2011.

What's the gameplay?
In Pixelized, the current idea is that you - the player, will be a small pixelated man trapped in a block world. Carrying specific blocks with you (Each block acting it's own way) you'll have to build your way through puzzles. A great example of the whole block concept can be found in the 3D game "Minecraft". Notice, that details can change during the development.

What have you done by now?
As of 17/11/10, I'm fiddling with the BL API, Flash and the basic game. I'll upload a "game" soon, but it won't be actually playable, and therefore I wont add any testers.

What blocks will be included?
A list of the blocks currently planned:
Dirt (Affected by gravity)
Stone (Not affected by gravity)
Mud (Not affected by gravity - Created by dirt blocks, directly touching water)
Ice (Not affected by gravity - Slippery, only available in winter mode)
Snow (Affected by gravity)
Sand (Affected by gravity - Found near bigger areas of water)
Gravel (Affected by gravity - Created by stone blocks, directly touching water)
Undestroyable (Used to block of parts of the level - Can't be placed/mined)

Where will it be released?
Right here, on BonusLevel.

Screenshots
Ahroo made us some game graphic (Great work I must say). I've put them together, to make an example of how a regular map will look while zoomed in.
Example of a map
Any way to keep track of the project?
Most certainly. I've made a blog, located here

Please check my next post for further information.

General

First post of the topic

birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Pixelized - Official Thread

What is Pixelized?

Pixelized is a future game, currently being developed by birjolaxew. It's in the development state, and - due to different obstacles - it won't be released to the public before 2011. It will probably go into testing state early-middle 2011.

What's the gameplay?
In Pixelized, the current idea is that you - the player, will be a small pixelated man trapped in a block world. Carrying specific blocks with you (Each block acting it's own way) you'll have to build your way through puzzles. A great example of the whole block concept can be found in the 3D game "Minecraft". Notice, that details can change during the development.

What have you done by now?
As of 17/11/10, I'm fiddling with the BL API, Flash and the basic game. I'll upload a "game" soon, but it won't be actually playable, and therefore I wont add any testers.

What blocks will be included?
A list of the blocks currently planned:
Dirt (Affected by gravity)
Stone (Not affected by gravity)
Mud (Not affected by gravity - Created by dirt blocks, directly touching water)
Ice (Not affected by gravity - Slippery, only available in winter mode)
Snow (Affected by gravity)
Sand (Affected by gravity - Found near bigger areas of water)
Gravel (Affected by gravity - Created by stone blocks, directly touching water)
Undestroyable (Used to block of parts of the level - Can't be placed/mined)

Where will it be released?
Right here, on BonusLevel.

Screenshots
Ahroo made us some game graphic (Great work I must say). I've put them together, to make an example of how a regular map will look while zoomed in.
Example of a map
Any way to keep track of the project?
Most certainly. I've made a blog, located here

Please check my next post for further information.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg