Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Pixelized - Official Thread

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 13 years ago
  Got it to work! :D

The sky color has become lighter for now, I'll add a slight gradient later. :/
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Well, Paint doesn't support transparency, so you would remove all transparent parts of the level. As the islands are placed on another color, I guess it could work however.
All you would have to do was to save/export the image as a .png file, and open it up in Paint.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Well, I'll try the best I can... In fact, I just found out how to make them transparent. :/

Is there a way to transfer something from GIMP into Paint? :/
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I could add the sky and the islands if you want, and I could do the rest of the blocks too.
Tell me if you want help.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Yeah... I might need help woth the transparency thing in GIMP. :/
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Sounds great. Might want to make variety in the landscape too (Not just mountains).

If you could make the floating islands partially transparent, as if they were in the background that would be great. Use layers and transparency in either Paint.NET, Gimp or Photoshop.

They certainly would, and I have no problem with smaller blocks. The background doesn't have to match the game 100% after all.

Three :/ in your post? I sense someone is tired of working on it. I could take over, if you wanted.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I'll add variety once the blocks are all set, some of the stone ones will be replaced with gravel, and the sky will get more detail. :/

Above the mountains, there are scheduled to be some of Sillius's floating islands, modified for this. :/

Smaller blocks could make the forests more detailed, as well. :/
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Looks nice, though a bit plain.
I know it's not even near done, but adding a new sky (Plain colors just doesn't work) and a bit variety to the blocks would be great. I'm quite sure you would've added them anyway, but yearh...

If you do not already do it, you might want to copy multiple blocks at a time, maybe add a forest, a lake, something not just mountains. It could save you some time too.

And yes, I corrected it xD
Treazer 13 years ago
  The blog link doesnt work because birjo, forgot the http://

1 sec after this post -edit: he corrected it :)
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Here's the image so far, I'll do smaller blocks after the large ones have been set. :/

Ahroo 13 years ago
  Okay, Just a sec... :/

EDIT: BTW the blog link doesn't work. D:
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Of course :D
Ahroo 13 years ago
  You wanna see how my BG is coming along, Birjo? :/
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Well, for now there will only be a single block size.
However, for such things as backgrounds or intro screens, there's nothing wrong with using multiple block sizes. I loved your "world" Sillius (Well, beside of the solid red in the middle).

And due to different needs, I've switched blog from Tumblr to Blogger. The new blog can be found here.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Well... that was meant to be a zoom thing. :/
Sillius 13 years ago
  Ooh... I thought there were meant to be 3 block sizes :p
and I can't see why not :)
It shouldn't be that much harder to program :)
Ahroo 13 years ago
  It won't be in there, but it IS kinda adorable. :p

The only problem with your world is that it used more than one size of block. :/
Sillius 13 years ago
  What was the response to "my world" again? :D
Ahroo 13 years ago
  MARC, you do realize that Birjo is new to this, right? Don't kill him with doppler BG. :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  birjo you should atually have layers of BG, for example square mountains in the distance,(moves really slowly) some clouds infront(fair speed), and maybe some randomly generated blocks for the close BG(moves fairly fast)...and also optionally foreground?
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I'm still making the BG, I have a 4-day-weekend that I can use to work on it. >:D
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  okay, starting tomarow ill begin making them bigger and add shading,
ill make them 512 by 4000 pixels.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I quite like your background. Add a bit more shading/highlights, and it'll be very nice.
  I make my own stuff too, but since birjoxlew is oficially using your charactor and blocks, it makes sence to use them.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  DY, I support originality, which is why I make my own stuff. :p
Ahroo 13 years ago
  OMFG the small blocks could come in handy here. O_O
  My pictures below are just a prototypes. I wont make them bigger and more pixely/ detailed until birjoloxle aproves them.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  DY, you'd have to be frikkin' INSANE to do this BG fast... this could take WEEKS with such a huge canvas. :/

Regardless, I'll try to create a good BG for the good-use... AND I'll provide 3 different ones, too! For Morning, Afternoon and Dusk! >:D

I have a feeling that I COULD die after this. D:
  Wait, until the level bg is made, i cant showcase the lvl...

So ill just make some lvl bg's for now.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Okay, I'll try that... :/

General

First post of the topic

birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Pixelized - Official Thread

What is Pixelized?

Pixelized is a future game, currently being developed by birjolaxew. It's in the development state, and - due to different obstacles - it won't be released to the public before 2011. It will probably go into testing state early-middle 2011.

What's the gameplay?
In Pixelized, the current idea is that you - the player, will be a small pixelated man trapped in a block world. Carrying specific blocks with you (Each block acting it's own way) you'll have to build your way through puzzles. A great example of the whole block concept can be found in the 3D game "Minecraft". Notice, that details can change during the development.

What have you done by now?
As of 17/11/10, I'm fiddling with the BL API, Flash and the basic game. I'll upload a "game" soon, but it won't be actually playable, and therefore I wont add any testers.

What blocks will be included?
A list of the blocks currently planned:
Dirt (Affected by gravity)
Stone (Not affected by gravity)
Mud (Not affected by gravity - Created by dirt blocks, directly touching water)
Ice (Not affected by gravity - Slippery, only available in winter mode)
Snow (Affected by gravity)
Sand (Affected by gravity - Found near bigger areas of water)
Gravel (Affected by gravity - Created by stone blocks, directly touching water)
Undestroyable (Used to block of parts of the level - Can't be placed/mined)

Where will it be released?
Right here, on BonusLevel.

Screenshots
Ahroo made us some game graphic (Great work I must say). I've put them together, to make an example of how a regular map will look while zoomed in.
Example of a map
Any way to keep track of the project?
Most certainly. I've made a blog, located here

Please check my next post for further information.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg