Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Pixelized - Official Thread

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol...it's actually very well made...
if you examine the .fla file that you can find somewhere that is...

anyway, having areas generated with random code adds a fantastic sense of mystery as one cannot predict what will be where, only play it a lot and work out where to expect to find things...
[edit] infact, you could make a system where there is a limit to the amount of each type of mineral in a specific area(one screen size) or region(multiple times size of an area)
using this, you could place individual minerals scattered throughout...however you may want to allocate minerals per area or small regions as you could have vast areas of nothing
Ahroo 13 years ago
  We ALL know about motherload, MARC. :p

BTW @Birjo, is there an optimal size for the sprites, like 20x20? :/
Hexicube 13 years ago
  damn it...you found my roots XD
Sillius 13 years ago
  Soooo basically Marc's idea is a "PicelCrafted" version of Motherload...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol...like my idea?
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Of course, there's a reason it's called Pixelcraft
Hexicube 13 years ago
  make the game pixely too XP
[edit] BIG IDEA!!!
Scavenger mode!
You fall into a wormhole leading to Bitworld(PixelCraft planet name maybe?), and discover some of these pixely 'blocks' are usable back on Earth(and also worth a lot), and that there are various 'portals' scattered throughout Bitworld.
You must earn as much money as you can by exploring a never-ending world and bringing back blocks of precious minerals such as Gold, Rubies, Emeralds, Coal(earlier mineral), etc. but in thurther regions the air is toxic so you must buy oxygen tanks to survive long enough to bring back minerals.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I won't include a shop in the first test run, but if I find it to fit, I'll make it.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  GIS that's basically what I said :_
also, it's Marc not Mark
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Lol all that thing with mark gave me an idea that you need to buy tile to set on the level so you can finish it, when you are done with them, sell them for half price, so you can buy new blocks to finish the level :D
Hexicube 13 years ago
  Tesco is a large building full of groceries and toys and stuff...
my alternate character, Hydrocube, is in the game :3 (water cubes)
well, if you do add shops make a main one that holds far more stuff
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Wait, wtf is Tesco.
*Googles*
WTF!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  maybe a store clerk from a different world got lost in there too...or maybe a lot from tesco XD
[edit] maybe you can put tesco building in somewhere too XD
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I'll probably include enemies, if not for the arcade version, then for the adventure version.
As of for the shop, I'm not quite sure. It seems like a good idea, but I'm not sure if it would fit the game. I'll probably decide in the testing phase.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I think the game is a great idea...maybe have gold blocks?
and also a block store(limit the items in it though)!
have the store buy/sell blocks and remember what blocks you bought from/sold to it, so you can sell/buy back them!
would prove a challenging choice...what blocks to have...and also make enemies too!
SimonM 13 years ago
  me neither
btw, their music is great.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I wouldn't mind being a tester and maybe providing the occasional piece of assistance with your actionscript...however I only have CS2(Flash 8) so I might get confused by CS4 XP
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  It's Jonathan from this site
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  What musician? Is there a chance some of us have heard of him/her?

I also give my support to the realease date. Although it's a long time from now I think it's better to get done a little sooner than a little later than expected.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I'm talking with a musician regarding the soundtrack! We're getting things done already!
chris3000 13 years ago
  that's a cool release date
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Yep, it's a 2D side-view game
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Yaaay I can conceptualize graphics for this. :3

erm... but, first things first... is this a side-view game? :/
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I must say, I really love the date. And it quite fits my expectations too, as I have to learn AS3, before I actually start the game.

As for the integration, think level sizes like Push, maybe scrollable.
OliAli 13 years ago
  Lol nice date :D I agree... but maybe too late? o_0
jp 13 years ago
  The concept is really interesting. Although, I'm not sure how it can integrates on BL. you should aim a release date for the 11/11/11 at 11:11.
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Updated the game info (Damn character limit)
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  It's CS4. I got it in the Adobe Creative Suite 4.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Which version of Flash is it? One of the newer ones (CS3 or higher)?
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I have Adobe Flash. And I'll rather learn it from the book, but if I ever have a question, I'll ask you :D

General

First post of the topic

birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Pixelized - Official Thread

What is Pixelized?

Pixelized is a future game, currently being developed by birjolaxew. It's in the development state, and - due to different obstacles - it won't be released to the public before 2011. It will probably go into testing state early-middle 2011.

What's the gameplay?
In Pixelized, the current idea is that you - the player, will be a small pixelated man trapped in a block world. Carrying specific blocks with you (Each block acting it's own way) you'll have to build your way through puzzles. A great example of the whole block concept can be found in the 3D game "Minecraft". Notice, that details can change during the development.

What have you done by now?
As of 17/11/10, I'm fiddling with the BL API, Flash and the basic game. I'll upload a "game" soon, but it won't be actually playable, and therefore I wont add any testers.

What blocks will be included?
A list of the blocks currently planned:
Dirt (Affected by gravity)
Stone (Not affected by gravity)
Mud (Not affected by gravity - Created by dirt blocks, directly touching water)
Ice (Not affected by gravity - Slippery, only available in winter mode)
Snow (Affected by gravity)
Sand (Affected by gravity - Found near bigger areas of water)
Gravel (Affected by gravity - Created by stone blocks, directly touching water)
Undestroyable (Used to block of parts of the level - Can't be placed/mined)

Where will it be released?
Right here, on BonusLevel.

Screenshots
Ahroo made us some game graphic (Great work I must say). I've put them together, to make an example of how a regular map will look while zoomed in.
Example of a map
Any way to keep track of the project?
Most certainly. I've made a blog, located here

Please check my next post for further information.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg