Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Pixelized - Official Thread

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 13 years ago
  @Birjo: 64x64? That's frikkin' huge! Almost half the size of SimonM's character... O_o'

@Elizea: I WOULD DO IT FOR FREEEEEEEE!

... maybe 100 bucks, for .50 cal ammo and to speed BCB production? xD

BTW @Birjo: Elizea's music is good... but he only does trance. D:

My fourth most hated music genre, right after Country, Song Mashups and Really Bad Music. xD
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I would advise not bothering with the BLAPI, it's a lot of hassle for what it's worth and you can make a brilliant game without it...
also, you could ask for help with coding on the BL forums too...
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  If it gets popular, and I find the money, I'll probably make a forum. I want a paid forum, due to how customizeable it is.
I really want this game to be my own, so I'll code it myself.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol you fail XD
anyway, i'm guessing since it's in the planning stage, you could use some suggestions...make a forum :P
also, if you wanted, you could ask someone else who knows ActionScript(or other script language) to make it for you...not pointing myself out I have far too many other things to do :P
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Yearh. I just see them as a group, hence the it.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yes, but you either refer to them as them, or an album, and Elizea doesn't consider them an album so calling them 'it' is stupid :P
(no offence)
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  By it, I meant the complete list of songs.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well you should have said 'them' not 'it' XD
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I know. I'm listening to them, one after one.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  listening to it? there's loads of songs...
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Found it just after I posted that message. Listening to it now.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  you could go on his music forum...lol
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I would love to hear some :D
If you could make a smooth and nice soundtrack for my game, I would be you forever grateful.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Elizea can provide some good trance and techno songs :)
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I lol'd. Really, I laughed out loud.
Elizea 13 years ago
  Someone is supporting my enemys...

Ahroo, how much would assassination of Birjo cost?
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  As the musician was too expensive for a free flash game, I changed my mind about the music. Instead of a special soundtrack, I've decided to use this one and this one
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  To clear things up: Tiles should be 64x64, as that allows me to scale it down if I need it.
I WILL add a level editor. The random generation is for a separate part of the game. The scattering of minerals were already planned. The character should be a man.
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  take a picture of a real person, upload it to your computer, bring it into photoshop, shrink it, then you win.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I still need to figure out how the character'll look like. :/
  How about the charactor can find a vehicle in the level. By using the vehicle you can move 2 blocks at once, until you run out of gass (gas would be set by the editor, it is the spefic amount of grid spaces the vehicle can move).
You could also find weapons like rocket launchers that can destroy certain blocks (until ammo runs out)
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Oh OK. :p

BTW, what should the character be? A vehicle was what I was thinking as I can't draw a person... D:
  thats what i tried to say with the ratios, if you set a ratio of 200 sand to 1 snow, then it would be 200 times more likely you get a sand block.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  And why not have an editor option to change probabilities of things happening, too? :/
  You could make a "randum zone" in the editor. This would be a rectangular area that the editor sets, in this area the blocks are randomly arranged (you can also change the ratio of blocks that apear in the zone)
Ahroo 13 years ago
  ... Add Chuck Norris? xD

But, anyways, why not enemies, too? The things that live there can't be too happy that you're draining their planet... :/
Hexicube 13 years ago
  idc ITS AN IDEA XD
i'd like to see you come up with a more interesting gameplay method then minerals being spawned in random locations, and being able to buy/sell them for equipment at tesco :P
Ahroo 13 years ago
  If it's released here, then it'll have an editor. IT'S THE BL WAY. :p

BTW, THAT'S A BORING EDITOR. :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well it actually doesn't say anywhere that is it FOR BL, only that it will be RELEASED here...
meaning BLAPI may or may not be implemented...
also, if he does, you could set the amount of each mineral in a set region, and specific minerals always spawning in a spot or area...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  But, it would also render it as unstable for BL... unless random blocks were able to be manipulated in editor. :/

General

First post of the topic

birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Pixelized - Official Thread

What is Pixelized?

Pixelized is a future game, currently being developed by birjolaxew. It's in the development state, and - due to different obstacles - it won't be released to the public before 2011. It will probably go into testing state early-middle 2011.

What's the gameplay?
In Pixelized, the current idea is that you - the player, will be a small pixelated man trapped in a block world. Carrying specific blocks with you (Each block acting it's own way) you'll have to build your way through puzzles. A great example of the whole block concept can be found in the 3D game "Minecraft". Notice, that details can change during the development.

What have you done by now?
As of 17/11/10, I'm fiddling with the BL API, Flash and the basic game. I'll upload a "game" soon, but it won't be actually playable, and therefore I wont add any testers.

What blocks will be included?
A list of the blocks currently planned:
Dirt (Affected by gravity)
Stone (Not affected by gravity)
Mud (Not affected by gravity - Created by dirt blocks, directly touching water)
Ice (Not affected by gravity - Slippery, only available in winter mode)
Snow (Affected by gravity)
Sand (Affected by gravity - Found near bigger areas of water)
Gravel (Affected by gravity - Created by stone blocks, directly touching water)
Undestroyable (Used to block of parts of the level - Can't be placed/mined)

Where will it be released?
Right here, on BonusLevel.

Screenshots
Ahroo made us some game graphic (Great work I must say). I've put them together, to make an example of how a regular map will look while zoomed in.
Example of a map
Any way to keep track of the project?
Most certainly. I've made a blog, located here

Please check my next post for further information.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg