Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Pixelized - Official Thread

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  Here is the first one (still need to make the one for the clouds)

Is there any more detail you would like in it?
Ahroo 13 years ago
  My BG probably will take a while to make, but that's only because it's HUGE. :/
  I just finished the shading on the hills, but im not shure if i should add rocks in the hills.

I guess not, because its the bg. The level goes in front of it...
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Added my example map to the main post. As you guys are getting done with your backgrounds, I'll add them too.
AK 13 years ago
  Ahroo: Star Tower Game! NOW!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  True, it doesn't feel like theft if you ask. :p
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I will update the main post once I've downloaded FireFox (Hope it doesn't have character limit...).

I've sent WaterFlame (The author of "Glorious Morning") a PM, asking him if I'm allowed to use it.

I know that all art on newgrounds is available for non-profit projects, but I like to have the authors permission anyways.
  you should put the graphics your using on the first post.

BTW im almost done adding the pixelized shading to the hills (512 by 4000 size)
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Oh yes, I remember that song.
Actually, that just made gave me nostalgia. Been ages since I played Age of War last time...
Anyway, I'll try to get permission!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Yeah, I know... just messing. :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  it would be funny and nobody knows that we really started on 11/10/10 anyway :P
Ahroo 13 years ago
  lol wut? :_
Hexicube 13 years ago
  you should hange the 11/10/10 in the "What have you done by now?" to 10/10/10 lol
Ahroo 13 years ago
  @DY, If I had my way with this, and had Flixel, The game would be so epic you would start crying. >:3
Treazer 13 years ago
  Its nice!

BTW, i will learn soon Flash etc. too, okay, it may need some time, but i will try to learn it, and i will call it Hu-Bot or Bot-Man, Bot-Man is better i think, it will be a Game where you can switch the player between a Robot and a Human. Both characters have his own Properties.
  but its only perfect if there are lots of enemies in this game that shoot stuff.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I only fave the best. :p
  If you use that, it would be the best game music on bl. You just need permision from the creater, which should be easy.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Okay, here it is... :/

Glorious Morning, By WaterFlame. :/
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Hmmm... I remember a WaterFlame track that might be a good candidate. Wait, I'll pull it up... :/
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Nope. I'm looking for some better music, due to how the style changed. I originally thought of a darker/scarier look, but it turned out a lot better, with a cute look. If anyone knows of a good track, please show me
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Oh okay. :/

Is it 8-bit or something? :p
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I posted the direct links somewhere... I'll try to find them and add them to the main post.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Hmm... exactly WHO'S music are you going to use? There's a lot of tracks on NG... :/
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Yep, I'll do that.
SimonM 13 years ago
  Birjo, can you place the link of blog on first post?
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Pfft, you're becoming desperate to have your art in-game, aren't you? :p
  Ahroo, you may have won the block and charactor design, but im winning the logo and lvl bg design!!!

But it may take a few days for something of this scale...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Yeah... people complain about that, the first to complain was gundu. :/
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I see lots of :/

General

First post of the topic

birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Pixelized - Official Thread

What is Pixelized?

Pixelized is a future game, currently being developed by birjolaxew. It's in the development state, and - due to different obstacles - it won't be released to the public before 2011. It will probably go into testing state early-middle 2011.

What's the gameplay?
In Pixelized, the current idea is that you - the player, will be a small pixelated man trapped in a block world. Carrying specific blocks with you (Each block acting it's own way) you'll have to build your way through puzzles. A great example of the whole block concept can be found in the 3D game "Minecraft". Notice, that details can change during the development.

What have you done by now?
As of 17/11/10, I'm fiddling with the BL API, Flash and the basic game. I'll upload a "game" soon, but it won't be actually playable, and therefore I wont add any testers.

What blocks will be included?
A list of the blocks currently planned:
Dirt (Affected by gravity)
Stone (Not affected by gravity)
Mud (Not affected by gravity - Created by dirt blocks, directly touching water)
Ice (Not affected by gravity - Slippery, only available in winter mode)
Snow (Affected by gravity)
Sand (Affected by gravity - Found near bigger areas of water)
Gravel (Affected by gravity - Created by stone blocks, directly touching water)
Undestroyable (Used to block of parts of the level - Can't be placed/mined)

Where will it be released?
Right here, on BonusLevel.

Screenshots
Ahroo made us some game graphic (Great work I must say). I've put them together, to make an example of how a regular map will look while zoomed in.
Example of a map
Any way to keep track of the project?
Most certainly. I've made a blog, located here

Please check my next post for further information.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg