Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

geckojsc 14 years ago
  Brolling, you don't have to be a tester to play Marc's game just click on maze master then open the file in Internet Explorer.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Brolling, play mine to keep occupied because IDK.
[edit] Gecko, I could give you exploding code if u want ;)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  This time, this is the FINAL update (hopefully)!
The FINAL file is HERE!!!
Hexicube 14 years ago
  That was not upgraded I will show my TRUE GAME!!! In 5 mins
[edit some time later] It is HERE!!!
[re-edit] Do you like the cursor I designed it myself :D
[re-re-edit] Do you like the cursor? (also adding level descriptions O_O)
Submarine95 14 years ago
  i cant believe my eyes O_O your game is great MARC!!!

the editor got a bit little numbers but still ultimate good game :)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  1 in 10 chance of big explosion :D
[edit] The tile deleting tiles are in the editor ;)
geckojsc 14 years ago
  I do. The explosion tiles are amazing. I think it would be a good idea to add this to the game later, but I might need your help later.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Who likes the taster? (I meant taster not tester)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Sub95, They are the same O_O
[edit] If anyone wants to have a tester my finished one is here.
Submarine95 14 years ago
  or maybe like this

SPOILER

i know but i want that you know what is thwe X on the end xD
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I mean after the end of the level like this:
SPOILER
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Yup Marc, that's what I'm planning (look at my post with the spoiler in it). I think it will help to give levels with themes a more realistic feeling, like ice levels could have snow in them.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  What asmosphere tiles? Why not have an option for the tiles and add that as a number on the end, as far as i'm concerned it will not make it more laggy.
Submarine95 14 years ago
  i feel good about them,
but i dont know how they will look
and
i dont know if the game will be laggy then :)
geckojsc 14 years ago
  How do you feel about the atmosphere tiles?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  That's similar to mine but I set my actionscript with code instead...
geckojsc 14 years ago
  It's not quite as simple as that though, because my code is arranged very differently to what you have in mind. It's a bit hard to describe, so I would have to send you the .fla for you to understand what I was talking about. My rather basic knowledge of AS limits me in quite a few ways, although being on BL has expanded my ability somewhat.
If I want a tile to do something, I have to apply it to every instance of that tile (by using a movieclip inside a movieclip, and adding code to it) that means each of the hundreds of wall tiles would all have an extra piece of code added to it, making the game extremely laggy.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  To make it dissapear is actually simple:
Change the hitTest on the tile to this (assuming the counter for tile deletion is called 'counter' and the tile is called 'block')
block.onRollOver = function()
{
if(_root.counter > 0)
{
--_root.counter
this.removeMovieClip()
}
else
{
//whatever kills the player
}
}
iamstormtrooper 14 years ago
  Lol! Ok you do that! I'll be gone over the summer, i posted a topic about it!
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Brolling, please don't link the main game file...
Hexicube 14 years ago
  No chance it will be done by then (my version)
Hope you don't mind me copying the idea and making it gecko...
[edit] It should keep them busy for awhile :)
Treazer 14 years ago
  When comes the game out?
i hope in 1 month is this game out :)!
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Storm, that's kind of what I meant. Look:
SPOILER

If you put in the effect tile in place of X, it will apply the effect to the whole level.

Marc, don't worry, I can easily make the tile reappear, but in order for me to make it possible to destroy any tile you touch, the code would have to apply to every wall tile, which would be very laggy, as if the game isn't laggy enough already.

I know how to make a custom cursor, but I don't think it will help the game in any way. Hiding the mouse can be a bit buggy for some browsers, and might not give the intended effect.
I have tried to make an editor, but to no avail, so I can't send you my editor.

I might use storms 'Invisible Field' idea in place of the invisible tiles, because like I mentioned before, hiding the mouse doesn't always work in the way it should.
  Maybe you should just let getcko do it himself? Imean, it IS his game......Not to invade, but just helping would be fine.......But what do I know?

Oh and never caught the reverse spinner.......LOL

EDIT
As for the Atmosphere tiles, I am really not seeing the concept of it. Like what do you mean? Do the effects they add cause anything to happen to the gameplay? Can they be included anywhere on the map? Are they activated by mouseover? It would seem a little weird. Instead of having tiles, how about you just have an option at the menu, and you just click through arrows to change the type of map (e.g: fog, sun, rain, wind, etc). Because it would be weird if you had a random jungle and snow tile in the corners of the map, where the mouse doesnt even go. So id be best, i think, if you just had a selection thing where you can only change the whole playing field, and not just individual tiles. See where I'm coming at here?

EditEdit:
And thanks for taking mind to my ideas, but all of them seem like they'll have a defect.......Lol.......
Hexicube 14 years ago
  @gecko, You can have the source file (yay), and you could use the userdata BL API function to use items I was thinking of one where you could destroy the first wall you touch that would be fun! if the tile doesn't reappear when you die then you may need to get rid of every tile on the level and place them again, then reset the value just incase it isn't 0)
Also, I will make a level on RT and put a link in there so nobody else gets the file ;)

Oh, and it isn't too hard to replace the cursor, just ask if you need help.

One last thing, if you gave me your editor I could:
Change it to my version
Fix mine by looking at BL API (seems mine doesn't do some stuff)
geckojsc 14 years ago
  There already is a reverse spinner...
Here are the ones I like:
Directional tile - I could probably make this with a bit of effort.
Rotate tile - Is possible but would be very laggy.
Monster - It is just about feasible, but would require a lot of effort.
Reverse tile - Nice idea but far too complicated to program.
Text tile - I have no idea how to store variables in the leveldata, but THeNiNJa and Captain_404 know how to. Because of this I might be able to make customisable text, while I was originally planning to include only secret set text tiles that I could use for the tutorials.
Shrink/big - I will add it at some stage.
Collectable - I tried it a while ago and messed up, but it is something I intend to add.

I was also thinking about adding "atmosphere" tiles which just look like normal walls, but when you include them in a level they will add an effect like fog, sun, rain, wind, jungle and snow.
  But it probably would be cool to have a pie slice as a cursor.

But whatever.

Some game suggestions:
-=Paths/Tiles/etc=-
-A directional tile (if you touch it, the little dot slides in that direction untill it hits a stop tile)
-A Rotate Tile (rotates the whole playing field.)
-A Reverse Spinner (speaks for itself)
-A monster (little monster that has a set path around field (like cpdvzp) (could be a space invader)
-A reverse tile (your mouse movements are set in reverse order [up=down, left=right, etc.)
-A text tile (roll over this tile and text will appear)
-A Shrink/Big tile/ball (object shrinks and gets bigger, its an obstacle)
-A collectable (like a coin, or something)
-A speed tile ("speeds" up dot thing(what you control) by shortening the distance between dots during movement)
-False Finish (Finish tile that is false, and you die.)
-Invisible Field (The field turns invisible)

Choose what you want, or critique, but you don't even have to choose any of these.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Sorry, but it is an unnecessary gimmick that won't make the game any more enjoyable. I would have to hide the mouse, and sometimes this can make the mouse flicker when you take it off the game.

Good luck 1jase!
Treazer 14 years ago
  @gecko
can you anwser my question plz.
See Here:
Quoting Treazer from Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"
@gecko
im not a tester but i have a idea:
maybe you can choose the colour of the mouse and you can choose the icon of the mouse (Example Icons:normal mouse,sandglass mouse or a mouse where you must click on it.)

Good idea?
1jase 14 years ago
  Ok every I am making my first level on here so wish me luck

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg