Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Submarine95 14 years ago
  well, you edited your first post^^
geckojsc 14 years ago
  When is it going to be published? I have no idea. I'm going to start again though.
Gameinsky's right - I am being very lazy here.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  When is it going to be published officiially*
Ask Gecko, he is quite lazy on it and he has to redraw the whole game :(
will 14 years ago
  when is it going to start
Hexicube 14 years ago
  not sure that would be ideal 1 sec I look for some
[edit] http://www.freechatcode.com/engchatdemo.html
[re-edit] i'm MARC20 as it cut of the 08
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Dinner time. Ah well, we could just use the PM system for chatting, or something else. I'll be back in a bit.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  yep it's blocked but I have skype(or had before my new PC failed to use my net)
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Umm, is Freenode blocked for you? I don't have MSN, but you could click the link and join the #bonusleveltest room.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  sand game for the DS =3
[edit] I could but I need to have the library and a C++ compiler (IE. Visual Basic)
[re-edit] brb cheating on a game again need my net as adaptor on diff pc
[re-re-edit] maybe we could discuss this on MSN?
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Lol, I was just waiting for you to read that post!

Anyway, about drawing stuff: you need a good graphics library. I have the latest version of SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer), and although I haven't learned any of it yet, it can easily be used to print graphics and stuff on the screen.
For the Nintendo DS, I use a library called PAlib. It runs of the DevkitARM set of tools, and allows easy development of homebrew software. If I was making Path4Mouse for the DS, I would use PAlib's built in 8x8 bitmap-font text system. I could use tiles instead of letters over all the rare characters, so it would not affect any of the game's text.

[edit] If you were able to set up your computer to make DS homebrew with PAlib, I would happily do a collab game with you!
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I'm not that inactive I just have come up with a bug on my new PC that's all...(this not new PC)
OMG I WANT HOMEBREW P4M!!!!!
[edit] you know how to draw stuff in C++?
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Hey, would anybody be interested in a homebrew game 'Path 4 Stylus' for the Nintendo DS? That would be awesome! I think it would actually be even easier to make than the Flash version, because I know C++ far better than I know Actionscript (honestly, what were they thinking by making a seperate 'String' variable type?). Gimme some feedback!
Captain_404 14 years ago
  Pah. I say start over.

One of the key things you need to be able to do to make games is realize when a concept has failed and that no one will ever see the result of all that hard work. Yeah, it sucks, but sometimes completely scrapping a project and starting over is the best option.

I guarantee you, this will be much easier to make for you now ;)
Elizea 14 years ago
  I'm happy to see that you are still working on this game :)

Olivier, pretty funny ye, but he added them so long time ago already :P
gameinsky 14 years ago
  you have a ...very english voice... lol :P
and very... young and silent voice...

Well, I am really happy you start to work again on your project!

Right now the mai problemis your most testers are inactive, and your admin included!
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Actually, I think I'll just stick with the old one. It's far easier to think about starting from scratch than it is to actually start from scratch. ;)

I will be making big changes to the code though!
jp 14 years ago
  I think these are 2 good news, it will not take a long time to make the game again now that you are more experimented. Good luck :)
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Actually, I think I'll work on it quite soon, or maybe even... now.
I've got some good news and some bad news:

The good news is that I'm far better at programming than I was when I started this project. If you haven't seen my blog posts about ASCIImator DS, you should totally check them out now to see how much better I am. I will be able to make a much faster and more fun game now.

The bad news is that I'm seriously considering starting the whole game all over again. It's really difficult now to work on the project, because all my code is so messy and a lot of things are half done but not completely done, making them quite confusing. I hope you guys appreciate this and see it as good news instead of bad news that I'm starting again.

[edit] If you were wondering about ASCIImator DS, just head over to Lizard Productions News.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Hmm... Do you think Gecko killed it? D:
Im 14 years ago
  Brolling, I think I answer for geckojsc when I say... I don't know.
Treazer 14 years ago
  this game is almost 1 year old!! When gecko would all the time before work on this the would be maybe this game done!

@Gecko

When you work on this????!!!!???
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I thought you would never post :D
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Thanks for taking intrest in P4M.
Unfortunately, the game won't be done for a while, and I've got a lot of testers already, However, I have a suggestion for you: Play some tricky mouse-avoider games to get some prectise. You'll need it, 'cause some of these levels are really hard!
zodiacra 14 years ago
  I've looked at the thumbnails and the game looks good! ^_^
hope it'll get finished and public soon! =D
Hexicube 14 years ago
  probably not as he is busy with other stuff...
zodiacra 14 years ago
  Is the game done soon? And do you need a tester, 'cause i'll gladely join! =D

ps
it's ok to say no. =D
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Fontstruct =3
It's fairly good, I have one though...
My font
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Hang on! The P4M font seems to have vanished from my system! D:
Ah well, I have a rather nice alternative up my sleeve.

[edit] Actually. It's not that good... It requires some serious editing and I don't have the facilities to edit fonts.

[edit*2] Do you guys like this font?
Vasilok97 14 years ago
  PLEASE!! Make me a tester of this game!!

[edit: gecko] Play this game instead. There really isn't that much difference.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/273450
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Yay! :D

M.T.S.

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg