Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

petermunks 13 years ago
  Hey, I think this gonna be a great game, I really hope it will be up soon :D
Good luck
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Hey guys, I'm updating the news feed again via Twitter. If you haven't done so already, you can subscribe with your favourite feed reader, or just check the little gif in the description to see what's up!

@marc Yes, but I would have to do a bit more than that. What if somebody typed a number as their text?
[edit] Also, I'm not using tile frames any more. Each tile has it's own MC.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  gecko, just popping in again, I can help with that!
instead of the tile using a number to pick the tile, first check if it is a number with !isNaN(value)
if this returns false set the tile to text and set the value to whatever value is, if it's true then set the tile frame to that number
geckojsc 13 years ago
  @pupatron3000: Yep, you have a better chance of being a tester in a game if you ask early on!
@demonicyoshi: Nice idea, I will try to implement it.
pupatron3000 13 years ago
  Hmm, I have thought about being a tester, but I think there are enough testers already on this game. Mabye I should ask to be one when a game in testing comes up.
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  I got an ideas for a new tile:

Info tiles
when your mouse is over them text is displayed (like tvs in cdvzp)
Treazer 13 years ago
  Look here :D:

http://www.bonuslevel.org/guploads/game24/extra/MixSoundsTest.swf

edit: Wrong topic, sorry, this should be in the MoonLights topic. I thougt P4M is Game NR. 24.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Sorry for being a bit quiet recently, I was on a course for the last week, and I'm quite busy at the moment.

I'll find a bit of time to work on the game, but I've got a few higher-priority things to do right now.
jasperpostema 13 years ago
  I want to be a tester to, Kirrock75
kirrock 13 years ago
  I wish i was a Tester... :(
Hexicube 13 years ago
  probably, just depends if gecko has a longer attention span than me XD
MarioIsFireball10 13 years ago
  Will this be done soon?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I know of 3 bugs:
1. ice doesnt reform(I think)
2. hiding the tiles still shows the glow(if its code generated maybe check hidden status first, or move the hide mc above the generated one?)
3. that cheating method I mentioned
[edit] also had a brilliant idea:
flame jets with alves around the level! might be a bit hard with all those pipes :P
Treazer 13 years ago
  Yes! Checkpoints look good and great news! (I know how the checkpoints look, because my newest favorite levels....)

PS, i made the Thumbnail as tile on tilemachine.com/gallery :

gameinsky 13 years ago
  checkpoints look definaly better!
jp 13 years ago
  Looks very good
Shiro 13 years ago
  Awesome news Gecko :D!
geckojsc 13 years ago
  For once, I might actually say yes! I'm pretty confident that I'm going to finish this game soon. Progress is good, and the game is already of decent quality, even though it is not finished yet.
Money666 13 years ago
  Is this game gona soon be finish?
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Okay guys, what do you think about the look of the current checkpoints?
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Maybe I should make the checkpoints pale yellow, with a pale green circle in the middle if they are activated and pale red one if they are not.
I need to fix up the fake wall tiles - they are far too obvious now because of the glow around the wall edges.
jp 13 years ago
  Yes the color changes, but it's not a plain green
gameinsky 13 years ago
  The checkpoints don't seem to turn green, or that, or the difference is hard to see.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  anti-cheat idea: scan x and y movement, if over 20(tile size) scan the line made when joining the start and end points of the mouse for tile obstrutions
[edit] important for levels like Getting thin (Path 4 Mouse (old)) where you can leave game swf
Treazer 13 years ago
  Nice geckojsc! And do you like my idea gecko?
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I think the checkpoints are working! It's the pale yellow tile. They turn green when you move over them, and you can only finish the level if they are all green. Try it!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  ive done that on one of my mouse avoiders ^^
Treazer 13 years ago
  I have a suggestion geckojsc: Laser, laser kan kill the Mouse, can only get off when hitting the button to it.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Meh, I just ask to be a tester at the weirdest times, it seems to work. xP
MatthijsM 13 years ago
  no no no that's not the way to be a tester PureThelion Geckojsc must ask it

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg