Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

pkb123 15 years ago
  I also uploaded a level to test the editor out and see what its like.
gundu 15 years ago
  In the Edit menu i think you've forgot to put a "|" at the end of the grid code
gundu 15 years ago
  I've tested the Editor and I upload my level for a better view of what it will give
geckojsc 15 years ago
  I've fixed the overlapping problem...

Now you can look in the 'Edit' menu for information about making your own levels...

I've still got to fix the finish square problem...
gundu 15 years ago
  Great starting!
I hope you will not have too much difficult with the next part ;)
geckojsc 15 years ago
  I know that... I'm working on fixing it.
doomlord 15 years ago
  Uh gecko... when you restart a level, the objects are overlap each other.

Secondly the end only flicks on then off.

EDIT: Same reason why when you load to they overlap.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Thanks JP!

Now, I've managed to convert this string:
SPOILER

into an array, and then load it on the screen as a working level!
jp 15 years ago
  @gecko, I've just tested the game engine, and so far it looks awesome. You're on the right way :).
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Woohoo!!!
Check out these tutorials:
Emanuele's tutorial
Tonypa's tutorial
Using a mix-up between Emanuele Feronato's and Tonypa's codes, I was able to make a map with an array! Look at this code:
SPOILER

The best thing is, I understand most of it!
It's a first for me, and it's easy, and it works!!!
Now I just need to implement the API and use Captain_404's tutorials to their full extent, then we will be able to start making some levels!
starpower 15 years ago
  @geckojsc this game is gonna be very good however i think the snake should be more colorfull its kinda hard to see it
pkb123 15 years ago
  I went and had a look at it, i think this game is going to be really good :)
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Ok, for anybody who want's to test the basic engine, go here, right click, then press 'play'. You will then get a basic idea of the style of gameplay. Move the mouse over the green square to start.

The lower purple square makes you invisible, and the higher one makes you visible. The blue square is the finish, but I haven't added functionality to that yet.

Carbon Copy : THeNiNJa gundu allycat369 pkb123 starpower 1jase Sillius Hexicube Captain_404 doomlord
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Wow, thanks Captain! You're the best!
This will help me to no end!
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Here's the tutorial so far gecko

http://ian.janasnyder.com/Working With the BL API.doc

You'll need MS Word to view it, or at least something that can read .doc files. If this is a problem I can put it in another format.

It just explains the basics of working with the API and then the basic of converting arrays to strings and strings to arrays.

If you don't understand any of it, let me know so I can make it clearer, understand this is the first draft so it may be prone to errors and typos.
popodelades 15 years ago
  Ok ,thanks.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  That's ok, maybe I'll add you as a tester later.
popodelades 15 years ago
  I was bored with the official games ...
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Sorry, but I've got enough testers.
Also, you won't be able to play the game for a long time, because all I've got so far is the presentation.
popodelades 15 years ago
  Can i be a tester , please?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Alright gecko, I'll get the portion finished as soon as I can.

I'd also like to note that your new grape-flavored layout is quite a strain on the eyes :P I'm sure you're aware of that already, but it's rare that I get to use the phrase "grape-flavored" when describing anything other than soda, so I simply HAD to jump at the opportunity.
1jase 15 years ago
  @gecojsc if you have to collect stars then that might not be a problem.
gundu 15 years ago
  I agree with doomlord , you can't read anything : /
doomlord 15 years ago
  I think the purple was better, plus. Currently it's impossible to read anything.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Don't worry Minmay, I've bonked that problem on the head!
I will also bonk the right-mouse problem on the head as well!
minmay 15 years ago
  Ah, yes, the infamous problem of being able to move the mouse through walls just by jerking it really fast. I remember that there's an easy fix for that, but I forget what it is.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  The part I really need help with is the level data. I have no idea about how you can convert a string into an array and make the array cause certain objects to appear on the screen. Even though I know how an array works, I cannot code one to load the levels by myself.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  gecko, I'm pretty busy right now, so my tutorial probably won't come along very quickly. (working on about 5 games at once, in addition to school)

I'd encourage you to go ahead and start, but I guess if you want to wait that's ok too...

Is there any part you are specifically waiting for me to write? I might be able to get that out sooner rather than later if you need it.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Don't worry. I will make the game as cheat proof as possible.
Stars is quite a good idea though!
1jase 15 years ago
  what if so no one can cheat you have to collect all the stars or something.

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg