Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gameinsky 13 years ago
  Well, I played in google chrome, i normally have 4-6 browsers open.
I tried to edit my level, but before I could edit it it started to lag a lot, my browser didn't respond anymore and I had to take it away, tryed to restore all browsers with exeption of the game, it crashed too.
And then I found out the chat crashed each time.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  So what exactly happened? I would like to know in more detail in case I can reproduce the error, and try to fix it. A game that has bugs that can crash your browser certainly won't become accepted on Bonus Level!
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Rebooted my computer, that worked.
No big deal, scanning for evantually virusses now.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Eh? I admit my game has bugs in it and might crash your browser and I'm very sorry for that, but I really can't see how that would affect the chat in any way, since they are completely unrelated and self-contained flash files which can't interact with each other...
You'll have to give me a bit more info. What browser are you using, how did it happen, etc.?
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Ugh, what the heck was that ? I wanted to edit my level, and it lagged a lot, I had to close my browsers, put them on agai and had to close them again...
[edit] thanks Gecko, now my PC is so screwed.
[edit again] Eeek, what is this ? i can't enter chat anymore, it laggs so much have to close my browsers when i try getting on it!
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I'm implementing the LZW string-compression algorithm on all new levels. This will not affect the old levels, it just means that they will take up more space on the BL server than the old ones. If you edit an old level it will be compressed as soon as you upload it again.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  No problems, mate! You keep the engine running, and we the testers will start making pretty easy levels!
Or whatever is left from the testers.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  GIS, I completely agree with you, but I don't need new levels at the moment. Right now I'm more focused on getting the engine up and running.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Oh and did you ever found out there is a huge need of easy levels ? The gap between "Spinners" and "confused?" is huge!
Submarine95 13 years ago
  i know it but ill wait till gecko gives me the permission for it. ^^
gameinsky 13 years ago
  whatever you do, do not wipe out my score! it is possible to delete all scores but a few, you will have to go i "more" you will see checkboxes, check the ones you ant to delete and then press the arrow, below (for if you don't know)
Submarine95 13 years ago
  i noticed its possible to play some levels :D

ill help you by deleting scores if you arent finished yet ^_^

btw
SPOILER
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Hey guys, I'm currently working on the scoring system, which is more accurate and fairer than the previous one. When I'm satisfied, I will reset all the scores.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  only thing is tiles that aren't 1x1 could cause problems with that...
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Sooo, I went checking, the levels seems to work, still no gameplay.
but that gave me time to explore how they look like, and created a level.
I wonder what the difference is between lava and empty spaces.

I would suggest an option to fill the level in (in editor mode) with walls or empty spaces, that could make it easier to create a certain kind of levels.
instead of having to change evrything in empty spaces.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Yep, I'm working on the game, I've just had a lot of school work recently taking up loads of my spare time.
yoshi23 13 years ago
  anything happening @geckojsk
Hexicube 13 years ago
  ok but if you change your mind look me up :D
or just look at that post :)
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Actually, I quite like the editor how it is. For the engine I will place tiles like I did last time, where I had a wall container and an 'other' container. That was very effective and also gave me a way to spice up my game with some visual effects, which was great. You can expect a working game engine very soon!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I can sort out the depth thing...
depth=importance*800+x*20+y (assuming it's 20x20 area)
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I will fix the sizes in the editor later on, but I need to recode my map-drawing function to make some tiles have higher precedence of depth than others, otherwise I will get horrible overlapping.

Anyway, the game engine is working well, but I haven't added any functionality to it yet (the map draws itself perfectly though)...
I'll have to stop now though, 'cause I don't want to completely flop this exam!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  OMG RE sucks :P
lol i'm gonna have a look at the editor :)
[edit] anything not 1x1 should appear in the editor whatever size it is in-game :_
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Right, the editor is pretty complete now! I'm going to start working on the game engine, but I'll be doing a lot of revision tomorrow since I have a big exam coming up (Religious Education D:).
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I've shrunk all the old levels, because they were on a 21x21 grid and the new grid is 20x20. I had to tweak a few of them to make them fit correctly.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Thanks for putting me as tester, I will do my posible :D
[edit]
Oh I guess that's what everyone means by "levels unplayable"
Submarine95 13 years ago
  wow! i really like the editor he is 100 times better then the one we made levels, now you only have to make the level playable and make possible to change the size of the tiles right?
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Hey guys, I've updated the editor. I would tell you what I've done but the changes are really obvious, and I also want you to see for yourselves!
THeNiNJa 13 years ago
  @geckojsc, another solution could be to check if there's a big tile overlapping the mouse position everytime you place a tile. Of course that depends on the method which you've used to build the editor.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Thank you, thank you :D
geckojsc 13 years ago
  GIS, your idea is absolutely perfect! I will then make a smaller (20x20) representation of the larger tiles to be placed in the editor, then I won't have any overlapping problems!

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg