Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

pkb123 15 years ago
  It didnt lag for me...is it possible for you to have timer up whoing what your score will be? Like the timer at the bottom of JG2?
doomlord 15 years ago
  I like using right-mouse to launch really fast.
gundu 15 years ago
  When you pass on a purple square who make you invisible you can cheat by doing a right click on the screen and you can see where you are
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Your method for checking to see if the mouse touched the sides seems a bit unreliable. It seems like you're just checking for the dots behind the mouse rather than just the mouse itself.

What you really need to do for a game like this is check along a line between the last mouse point and the current mouse point to see if it has collided with any tiles. I have a decent algorithm for this that I could share if you needed it.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Well, I really want to fix that, so I'm going to keep updating the game.

What about scores?
Does anybody have any comments to make about the scores, because I really want some reassurance about them.

Please can JP upload the example editor again, because I accidentally changed it, and it isn't working for me any more. Can you re-upload it for me, as I would like to make some more levels.

[edit]
Now I think I've fixed the lag...
Please tell me if I'm wrong.
gundu 15 years ago
  Maybe a little for me
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Does anybody have a problem with lag?
I'm very concerned about this.
doomlord 15 years ago
  Nice. The outlines really help to make the game look better though. Now it's positioned right too, so it's definatly really nice now.

The only thing I can think of next is for the editor.

And I have a good idea for a thing to put in it.
gundu 15 years ago
  Wow gecko!, good progress!
starpower 15 years ago
  very nice! this game is really starting to impress me! how ever i think you should add a "click to start" and a "dead!" since i think its quite difficult to find out how u start....
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Does anybody like the new style?
I've got it working pretty well now.

Scores are implemented, but I don't know if they are functioning properly, so please tell me your experiences so I can decide if they are or not.
A lower score is better in this game, because scores are judged by the time it takes for you to beat a level.

Please tell me if the game is too laggy, because I will try to fix it if it's too bad.

Carbon Copy : THeNiNJa gundu allycat369 pkb123 starpower 1jase Sillius Hexicube Captain_404 doomlord
1jase 15 years ago
  metaphor of what?????

just kidding
geckojsc 15 years ago
  He doesn't mean it literally, as a metaphor.
1jase 15 years ago
  ok that makes a little bit more sense but how does a game have 'emotion'?
geckojsc 15 years ago
  He means a sort of 'feeling' or 'emotion' in the game.
1jase 15 years ago
  @sillius what do you mean by "soul"
Jac1 15 years ago
  Why at JG2 and not at RT?
HI_AB_LM 15 years ago
  great!i am waiting the game!
say at jg2 when is will be able please
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Right. I'll work on that after JP has fixed the collision bug.
This game is coming along beautifully!
Sillius 15 years ago
  yep that would give the game a bit more "soul" ;D
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Do you think the game would look good if I gave every square an alpha of 50%? (so that every tile is transparent)
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Yay! I've fixed the lag problem!
doomlord 15 years ago
  The end never pops up for me.

EDIT:when the hitTest for every object is three tiles off to the right

Oh.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Woah! Easy goes!
I'm going to add loads of new tiles, but you'll have to wait until I'm completely satisfied with the basic engine...

This is hardly the time to add new tiles when the hitTest for every object is three tiles off to the right...
Sillius 15 years ago
  and smaller :D
gundu 15 years ago
  ... and you have to collect all star before be able to finish the level, and a power-up who make the little snake bigger
Sillius 15 years ago
  I have an idea for this game...
make power-ups like something which sets the mouse-thingy on fire which will enable you to destroy certain blocks and make something like ice on which you wont be able to control the mouse
gameinsky 15 years ago
  this game begins to intrest me
can't wait til it's out ! :D
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Gundu: You're not meant to have a "|" at the end of the last one...

Captain_404: I've not made levels beatable at this point, and the hitTests seem to be off-centre, so the finish doesn't appear correctly... I will try to fix this, but I don't know what's causing this, because it works fine offline...
Captain_404 15 years ago
  So are these able to be won at this point? All I ever see is the green block.

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg