Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 13 years ago
  If you get the corny poll answer 'Be sure to make it unique. :p', that was me. xD

But seriously, I like your endeavors here, but it wouldn't hurt to try a platformer. And I'm only saying this because the first volunteer to make you graphics will be me. :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I like P4M, if you stop working on it I will steal it :P
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Please can all testers (and non-testers) vote on this poll I'm considering something drastic, and I really want to know if it will go down well or not.
If you have any questions, please ask.
Magic_X 13 years ago
  Oh, ok
Hexicube 13 years ago
  no, I meant it needs more compared to P4M, it doesnt need any it needs to have a higher total, which it does
also, unless you have something that can make swf files, you can't test it
Magic_X 13 years ago
  I know, but you just said mozzle needed testers....
Hexicube 13 years ago
  LFMAO this is P4M
Magic_X 13 years ago
  Can I be a mozzle tester?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol...GIS mozzle needs more testers, to test various kinds of swf...
I have flash 8, could also get MX or lower, or CS3
OliAli 13 years ago
  Whhah. Mainly think is that yo don't need keyboard o_O
Or that was a joke?

Hmm, and I really don't think your dream will happen :D
AK 13 years ago
  How do you know if you like it? You haven't played it.....

I think I would be good at this game, I am very fast at the kayboard. Can you make me a tester for 5 minutes so I can try a level and then delete me as a tester?
chris3000 13 years ago
  i like this better than mozzle, 1000th comment here
gameinsky 13 years ago
  mozzle has about 16...
AK 13 years ago
  Hmmmmmm....... this sounds like a very cool game! Can't wait till it comes out!

Maybe this would be good as "Path4Stylus"..... I'll talk to Nintendo. XD

Whoa! That's A LOT of testers! Like 8 or so!
yoshi23 13 years ago
  hi everyone
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  you can still cheat, it flashes red, but then goes to green.

So if theres a level without checkpoints, you can skip straight to the end.
Or you can skip to the first checkpoint
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Oh wow, I never noticed that. XD
I'll fix it.

[edit] Done. Try it now.
  What about the right click bug? you fixed it mostly, but you can still cheat if you do it when your mouse is in the green square.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  That's good, but, correct me if I'm wrong, hitTests along a line only work for square MovieClips. This won't help when it comes to collisions with walls.

Moving the mouse through tiny corners is a minor bug that is not easy to fix, but I think it should be down to the level designers to prevent exploits like that in their levels.
Moving through solid lines is a real problem which I know how to fix, it just requires a bit of a rewrite.

I can't wait to get this game over and done with, so I can finally make a game with the clean object-oriented approach that is Flixel.
OliAli 13 years ago
  Lol this game need next holidays :D
Hexicube 13 years ago
  i've done it! took me an hour :3
[edit] working example
[re-edit] so efficient it works at 60fps too! :D
however, there will be a problem with your moving tiles...it only can check against solid square tiles right now...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  right, i'm going to try and develop a working hittest code for this...using the 'line' method...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol...I said it on page 7, months ago...
  Well then Someone should make the program. I barely even know what i'm talking about.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  hmm...I said that a few days ago...
  ohh... well i supose you could have an invisible line, each time the mouse moves, the game conects the 2 points of the mouse's frames. If a wall lies between these 2 points, then you fail.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  uh...the game runs at 30fps and the mouse at 60, and it is a requirement for the game to run at 30...so there is no workaround using frame rates
  yah, but the glich is caused because of the frame rate of the mouse, when you move fast, both frames are inside the white eventhough there is black inbetween the 2 frame rates. The dot will have 4 frame rates at this speed, meaning that 2 frames of the dot hits the black.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  DY if it always is exactly over the mouse, then it is useless. you have to scan a line from A to B
  I have an idea for fixing the fast moving mouse glich. You can set an invisable dot programed to follow the mouse (it will always be inside the mouse) exept it will have a greater frame-rate then the mouse has. This means if you skip over a line, this dot will hit the wall and you will lose. It also means you cant exit the game screen and come back on somewere else.
(this would potentially solve 2 gliches in one.)

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg