Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gameinsky 13 years ago
  that's right, FL.
Treazer 13 years ago
  What do you use gecko? Elizea use FL i think.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  We could do a collab!
The only problem is, we both use different software.
Treazer 13 years ago
  Cool! I want hear the Music soon!!! But i cant, im not a tester. :( But thats okay :D
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I don't thiink techno trance fits for P4M, gecko will probabely make some 8 bit music...
Elizea 13 years ago
  ...you?

...you?

.............you? *sigh*

=(
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Yes. I am going to make some music for the game.
OliAli 13 years ago
  Did you think about music in this game? o.0
Treazer 13 years ago
  Lol i never knew that OliAli is a tester^^
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Don't worry. I'm aware of this bug.
OliAli 13 years ago
  I absolutley agree with you!
jp 13 years ago
  I like a LOT the new thumbnail! Here are a few remarks.

- A remark inspired by your new thumbnail and it's bright colored squares. About the check points, they work well, but the colors are so flat that it's not easy to see which are checked or not at one glance. what about a bright red and green colors ? I would also use a smaller diamond (not to be beaten by the lines) with a brighter yellow.

- About the lava tile. It's a great tile but right now the fact that you have no way to know how much time you will survive is a big problem for the gaemplay. I had suggested once to increase the blink rate but I have maybe another suggestion : when the cursor is on lava, display a life bar just below the cursor (like in rts games) . The bar starts entirely green and when it's entirely red, you're dead.

- There is still a problem with the fog of war. When you lose or win, the fog of war shoudl disappear. Unless I miss something ?

[edit]
- Still on fog of war, I found a bug maybe you already know : play a level with fog of war (example Adventure Journey (Path 4 Mouse (old))). Once the level is playing, click on RESTART. Then the fog of war is reversed and doesn't work anymore.
OliAli 13 years ago
  Idk if someone saw this bug yet, but when you play this level: Adventure Journey (Path 4 Mouse (old)) and click on restart, you can see whole level while you are playing next time...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  basically what I suggested a while back XP
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I've shut my laptop down for the night, so I can't do anything else until tomorrow. Thanks for spotting the bug. I'm going to do a complete rewrite of the tile detection thing, to fix up all the cheats and bugs by using an array of all the tiles that were crossed in the last movement of the mouse.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  its good :D
can you make a level with the text tile in? wanna see it in action :D
[edit] bug:
if you die whilst the mouse is over a checkpoint tile, it remains completed!
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Fixed!

Btw, how do you guys like the new UI skin? It's a dark blue/purple version of the Push theme.
If you aren't seeing it, try clearing your browser's cache.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  ok then, better to learn :D
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Nevermind...
I'll give you the code, but I'll have a clean up and a fiddle around first to see if I can get it working myself...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  uh...PM me or I will have to wait until it's midnight here...(about 1 and a half hours)
[edit] unless you want to discuss, then MSN ;)
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Can we take this to the chat, save clogging up BL with all these comments?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  rotatable, not flippable :P
I suspect it would be easy, just add some tiles ;)
OliAli 13 years ago
  Duh, gecko what about make small an big crusher flippable by 90*?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  gecko I need a link or something so I can see your source code :P
btw gecko I was experimenting with text tiles in my own code, it seemes tiles have problems swapping depths and so i'd advise doing th same as in JP's games and having 1 place for all text, or make 1 text box that moves to where the tile is
geckojsc 13 years ago
  That's because people have been retweeting my tweets. The Twitter feed is simply the results of a search for '#Path4Mouse geckojsc'.

Anyway, I was thinking about a checkpoint which turns deadly after you step off it. That would allow for a plethora of puzzle levels!

@Marc, you can take a look at my source, but you don't have to worry about the text tiles, I've got them all figured out. :)

@GIS: Forget it! XD
Let's leave moving levels for my next game... This one just wasn't made in the right way to be moved about!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  IF, and I really mean IF, gecko decides to make endless levels...somehow...then that might work...
it's iffy because you can't really move the level around
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Dy asked for teleporter tiles, you said it's impossible to warp the mouse.
Why not warp the tiles ?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  GIS that's why you examine the ice before-hand :P
[edit] gecko that twitter feed repeats a message twice :_
also I wouldn't mind looking at the fla file to work out this 'fake wall' bug if it still exists, or add text tiles :D
[re-edit] evil idea:
a robot that moves around and turns right(or left depending on type) when blocked by wall
it kills >:D
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Lave tiles say to you to not stay to long, ice tiles probabely say they you can't go back.
Well that, now it says: Hurry, and think!
Not two things that go togetter huh ?
OliAli 13 years ago
  Agree with you GIS

'Crushers' should be flippable 90*

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg