Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

minimariner 13 years ago
  Well i think that if the tiles are the same size (apart from spinners etc.) it will make the levels much neater.
jp 13 years ago
  @gecko, it seems the editor is working fine now, was the problem something I should add in the docs ?

I'm not sure to understand what is the problem about the sizes, but using the same size in the editor and in the game engine is better IMO.

[edit] the shift buttons are great.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Maybe when you hover over the tiles it says the width and height ?
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Hey testers, I need your opinions:
As you all know, in the game not all of the tiles are exactly 20x20 pixels, for example the spinner takes up loads of tiles, and the moving blocks travel around.

In the editor, should I make all the blocks their real sizes (this will cause messy problems with overlapping tiles, and I can't fix that) or should I make all the tiles the same size (this is much tidier but you have to keep testing the level to make sure it works fine)
gameinsky 13 years ago
  yoshi, it's ment to testers, so stop commenting here please.
yoshi23 13 years ago
  p.s cant do editor
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Hey guys! I added a 'shift' feature to the editor. Now you can shift all the tiles left, right, up, or down. If a tile goes off the end, it appears on the other side! Try it out!
gameinsky 13 years ago
  yoshi is probabely confused because testers can play and he doesn't knwo what testers are.
I had that problem too with JG2.

Look, you can't play yet, but testers can, it's not unfair because testers est the gae and give feedback.
The game will come soon (I hope)
Shiro 13 years ago
  You're probably right minimariner, tho I see some great updates xD!(from the messages, I can't play :P)
minimariner 13 years ago
  yoshi the game has been developing from scratch. It will be a little while still until it is done. (it's just my opinion but i'm just looking at the comments)
Shiro 13 years ago
  Because the game is not yet publised.
yoshi23 13 years ago
  the game is not starting.It still says that the game is in test mode!!!!
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I know, that's because I have not made the game engine yet (I started from the beginning). For now we only have the level editor, no game...

The text that you see at the beginning is basically the introduction screen of the level editor. As you can see, it's very basic so far, but I will add more features!
Submarine95 13 years ago
  i can create the level but i cant test/play it, you seriously already noticed that :p

: the title screen show up and i cant see th level.

btw: when i click on the create a level thing there is a text i cant read because he vanishs after something like 25ms.

edit: why cant we play the game? just want to know^^
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Hey guys, I fixed the editor! If you find any bugs, please let me know, because I'm sure I made some mistakes.
minimariner 13 years ago
  Good luck on getting this game finished geckojsc :D
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I remember how Captain_404's game deadline (push) always got further, and that we were all sad that we would hav to wait more for it, then when it came out, I was very frustrated because i didn't find it worth waiting that long.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  @MatthijsM: As you can see, I started the game more than a year ago. Progress was alright, but in then I got bored and didn't work on it for a very long time. A few days ago I decided to work on it again, and it's coming along really well!

The answer to your question is, as usual, I don't know... I hate setting deadlines, because for me they take the enjoyment out of coding.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Literally translating dutch to English isn't a very good way to formulate phrases on a good way.

When will the game come out.

When Gecko finishes it.
MatthijsM 13 years ago
  when comes the game out.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  @Marc: Yup, I'm not using any containers or movieclips inside movieclips.
Treazer 13 years ago
  Thank you geckojsc :)

PS, 600th comment.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  are the tile selecting buttons in _root?
geckojsc 13 years ago
  @Brolling
You need a blog, a Twitter account, or anything else that provides an RSS feed.
You then need to make a FeedBurner account (search it on Google)
Then you get the address of your feed and put it into FeedBurner.
Now you have your feed set up in FeedBurner, you choose the 'Headline Animator' option from the menu and choose all the settings, then it will make a news GIF for you.

@Marc
My tiles are being placed on _root. One other strange thing I noticed was that the white tiles don't show up on a test level that I'm editing, but if I look at the level data they are there, and if I draw them on you can see them!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  gecko that bug happens to me A LOT! if you make movieclips (or buttons or even dynamic text) inside movieclips they have an annoying fail problem, sometext on BLaster Towers wont show up inside BL but appears otherwise...
Treazer 13 years ago
  @gecko,

How do you make this news gif in the short description?
geckojsc 13 years ago
  That's the thing! If you view it outside of Bonus Level it works fine, but for some reason when I place it inside, it has all these bugs which weren't there before.

Anyway, I'm going to try and solve it myself, and if all else fails I'll email JP and get him to see what's wrong.

Also, if you missed the Twitter feed, I made a button to trim the edges of the old levels, because they are 21x21 and the newer levels will be 20x20.
devil_piez 13 years ago
  wo0w this is a great idea!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  same problem...
Submarine95 13 years ago
  the editor doesnt works (the tiles wont get on the editor screen)

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg