Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gundu 13 years ago
  It was just a training, Now try this.

If you beat it, I'll just beat your score easily
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  Gundu, thats easy to beat!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol hence why they are called testers :P
gundu 13 years ago
  We are testers, Don't forget that testers, Admins and game author can play the game before it's published
AK 13 years ago
  HOW ARE YOU PLAYING THIS GAME WHEN IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN FINISHED YET????`?
gundu 13 years ago
  It was just to show that you can cheat, Now try to beat that
  thats going to be hard to beat...

EDIT: Woot!! i beat you at your own game!
gundu 13 years ago
  Well, 274 If you call that's not cheated xD
  there are alot of ways to cheat, but geckojcs told me he would fix all the ways to cheat after he does the other stuff.

Ohh.. and my score probally should be erased when this game comes out. i cheated on about half the oficials.
gundu 13 years ago
  It's still very easy to cheat by moving the mouse really fast :/

[edit] Look at my score if you don't believe me
SleathPilot 13 years ago
  Me to! I have a lot of time to. Summer break is just starting!
AK 13 years ago
  Wow, there are like 80 games in test phase. When will they ever get done???

Edit: I could help! I have a lot of free time on my hands. This is the first day of summer break, so I can help a lot!!!
  Awsome!
And that gives me an idea! Maybe you could make the spotlight shrink even smaller when a second invisable tile is hit!
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Woah, it is! I think you shuold be able to toggle coloured tiles on or off, to serve as guide or ot to spoil the solution when invisible.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I've made a very cool-looking spotlight effect when you roll over an 'invisible' tile. It's slightly buggy (it looks messed up if you play it on more than one level in a session, but it's fine the first time round).
Hexicube 13 years ago
  do it like every 5 official levels completed = unlock
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I would like to learn to use the user data side of the API for future games, so practising here with something simple like unlocking mouse designs would be nice.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well not really ;D
hmm what if you could unlock mouse styles somehow...would requireknowledge on using theuserdata BLAPI butwould be awesome :D
if you work out how it works tell me please need it for BLaster Towers...money carries over official levels :3
  Thanx! that was completely unexpected. =P
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Demonicyoshi, I made you a tester because I like your way of thinking, and I think you will be useful in providing ideas.
Shiro 13 years ago
  Maybe there could be a few different mouses that you can choose o_o'.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yeah do that (with masks maybe)!
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Oh, like a sort of torchlight effect? I like it!
  how about blanking everything out exept a verry small ring around the curser?
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Removing all the tiles is not a good idea, since then there would be nothing to hitTest against. Even if that was not the case, blanking out the screen would have exactly the same effect, it would just be simpler and easier.

I know that doing things like that will change the whole invisiblility-tile concept, but it is the only way to fix exploits around the mouse hiding function.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  But that changes the concept.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  um...idk maybe just make the game tiles dissapear instead...
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Holiday's over now. The major bugs are fixed, now I can develop a bit more on adding new features and reimplementing old ones.

I think I might get rid of the invisible tiles, or change the way they work. Hiding the cursor in Flash simply isn't reliable, for example, what if you had some sort of program that highlights the mouse (such as a screen recorder) or what if you were using a touch screen or a stylus to control the game. I couldn't make your hand disappear. I suppose I could employ minions to stalk all players and chop their hands off when whey hit an invisible tile, but I don't know how I would make the un-invisible tile work after that. :S

Instead I was thinking more along the lines of placing a white overlay on top of the screen. There would be no exploits to a blanked-out game-area. The only problem with that would be that levels would be more difficult. You would be able to see the mouse, but you would have absolutely no idea which tiles were there - you would have to rely purely on memory.

What are your suggestions?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I said sometimes :_
I know in this case separate is probably better...
geckojsc 13 years ago
  I don't think it reduces lag because 400 containers with all the tiles in them is surely uses up more resources than 400 seperate tiles. As for flexibility, there are plenty of workarounds, it's not the end of the world.

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg