Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  well maybe you could make part of the game refresh ( or restart) its self after beating a level?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Zodiac, too many people are asking that and I can't be bothered to answer that.
Did anything interesting happen lately?
Zodiac 14 years ago
  How to make swf files?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I've PM'd you about it, look at the edit.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  :(
The overlapping problem has returned... (because I'm still experimenting with Marc's instructions. They worked, but now levels overlap each other.)

Marc, can you help me?
I'm using this code to place the tiles (this is only for the non-wall tiles):
attachMovie("tile"+(map[y][x]), "tile_"+_root.getNextHighestDepth(), _root.getNextHighestDepth(), {_x:x*20, _y:y*20});

and this code to remove the tiles (again, non-wall only):
lvl.removeMovieClip();

Now I have an overlapping problem. I tried deleting the movieclips that were containing the tiles when you beat a level, and I also tried:
removeMovieClip("tile"+(map[y][x]));

I'll have a quick look through the P4M help topic I made a while ago, but if I don't find a solution, I'm gonna need your help.

Carbon Copy : Hexicube
Treazer 14 years ago
  Okay geckojsc.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Umm. It doesn't really matter. Like I said before, when I put the song in this game, I will use a looping version.
Brolling, the game needs a working editor (right now you have to edit a load of text which it the data for the level). And some more tiles, and I need to fix some bugs and add a few new features.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  It's a good song , maybe take 6 seconds of nothing at the left away ?
Treazer 14 years ago
  gecko,

What need the game to finish it?
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Thanks! :D
niimporta 14 years ago
  @Geckojsc: It's perfect!
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Hey guys, I'm done with the music.
Here's the full version (I will use a looping version in the game). I made it with Cubase studio in my music lessons. Please tell me what you think about it, and whether it suits the game or not. I am eager to hear people's opinion.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Yes, I was thinking about that myself a while ago...
I want to finish changing the way the tiles were placed fist and a bit of other stuff, but I will send you the fla at some stage.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Gecko, what you think?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I've just had an idea:
I could have a look at the game and put some complex tiles in for you, we should get a list from everyone for ideas :D
Hexicube 14 years ago
  You said you'd do it 5 days ago -_-
geckojsc 14 years ago
  I told you, I'm not making exploding tiles for now...
I've been looking at loads of other cool things, like graphing calculators, BYOND, and DS homebrew software; so I haven't been paying much attention to the game. I'll put a bit of work into it tomorrow...
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Haven't you updated this game yet? I really wanna see exploding walls!
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Ah, you pressed the STOP button. For some very odd reason, that makes the entire game pause. None of the scripts work, and the editor blinks if you open it.
iamstormtrooper 14 years ago
  I cant edit this game...
It says AS2/Flash 8, and the screen Blinks....but thats it....Do I need to download anything?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I've made mine work :)
I'll PM you the url.
[edit] There is code inside the black box, but not the others.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Yaay! My test works!
Now to work with putting it into the engine.
‌‌ ___^.
‌‌(G) ' '

[edit] Taking my grandma's dog for a walk. brb!
Hexicube 14 years ago
  If I had have known earlier, before you had lots of tiles, it would be easier XD
Hope the new tiles get put in soon!
[edit] Just got an idea:
You touch this block and you get a point, you click and a white bubble comes up and you can't get hurt where that bubble is! (the bubble doesn't move)
geckojsc 14 years ago
  >:(
Over 30 tiles to work on. Ah well.
It's kind of awkward testing it out on an engine that has already been made.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  It helps because every tile that would be placed has all the tiles inside it, which are all running.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Thanks. I'll try it out.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I did see your edit...
[edit] Seperate the walltile, make identifiers for all of them, e.g. wallTile1 wallTile2 etc.
Then say attachMovie("wallTile"+map[x][y], whatever)
instead of attachMovie("wallTile", whatever) gotoAndStop()
geckojsc 14 years ago
  You didn't see my edit.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  1. I don't need that
2. Why do you place 2 blocks?
[edit] Oh, and i'm about to PM you the link :D
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Ok :) Here's the code I use:
SPOILER

You may wonder why I did it twice. One is for the non-wall tiles. The other is for the walls. This is to reduce lag (I apply the wall code to the big wall clip instead of every individual wall tile).

Games forum

Play Game "Path 4 Mouse (old)"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  -= PATH 4 MOUSE =-

Here's the five most-recent Path4Mouse Twitter entries:

Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg