Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Jump Gear 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Woah, you're almost 100k above me! That's a great score!
Dynamo 5 years ago
  Less than 100k to go for 1st now, I guess the little improvements are gonna have to keep on coming...
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  To get very good scores on levels, there are very few general strategies that help for all levels. One tip is patience - no matter how hard a level is to do well, it's certainly possible, and very few people can highscore first try. Patience and practice can go a long way in this game. I'll see if I can help you if you need any tips for specific levels. Also, I became an admin in late August.

Making your own levels is a very good way to practice in JG2, plus it'll be nice to see other creators come back and make more levels!
chris3000 5 years ago
  Hey can you guys give me some tips/strategies on how to get the best score, it's actually for any level but especially the official ones. Now if my score is 10,000 or less than the highscore, it won't matter, but if it's over that then I need to improve, so if you see my posts you'll know that my score needs improvement on that particular level. And when did CG become an admin?

Well, I would like to go back to making my own lvls too, so I can practice, it's fun making my own adventures/challenges. And dynamo's on a roll, I'm sure PD is worried sick. Oh, and I have I think 250 lvls left, I guess I should post which ones I'm really stuck on.
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  I'm sure you can get there! I have faith that you'll get 8.5M someday!
popo2 5 years ago
  Finally, I got to 8th place! Don't know about 7th, but I'll take that score for now!
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  I have no really strong opinion on using them - though I'll try to get to at least 8.7M without any more head jumps. I've only ever used a new HJ for a highscore once before (Christmas Drive) but that already had another head jump, I just did 2 in one run. I don't think it's possible to get 9M without headjumping (with current strategies). I don't know though, maybe I'll be proven wrong.

I have beaten highscores by a lot (10k+) but I choose not to save as some highscores take ages to get, or the HJ ruins the level - you can skip the entire level in some cases.

Also, thanks! I've been very active over the last few months so it's nice to finally get up there!

EDIT: Finally got 8.65M :DDD
Dynamo 5 years ago
  I'm slowly working my way towards 8.75m at the moment, little improvements here and there eventually add up!

EDIT: The Headjump glitch is a pretty big grey area to be honest, some of the top 4 used headjumps in their old highscores, and I've only used it in officials if the previous high score used it. However, in my personal opinion I don't think they should be used.

ps. Big congratulations for CG for being the latest user to make the prestigious 'Top Members' list! :DDD
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Yes, I will. I'm only 9k away, and I've been doing a bit better recently.

EDIT: In fact, I've discovered a few head jumps that, if I use them, could get me very near to the 8.7M boundary...
popo2 5 years ago
  Are you ever going to reach 8.65M before another new official level comes out?
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  I can barely improve anymore either. I think I need more practice as I'm behind on most levels by a relatively large margin... (3-7k)
Dynamo 5 years ago
  Freshers week has absolutely polished me off, I'm running out of levels to make improvements on! D:
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Welcome back OliAli! I quickly looked through the officials and found 7 levels which you have the highscore on.

Weird Adventures
Too Slow
Block Balance
3D Snakes
Dotopia
Flower Land 3
Downfall

I'm sure I missed a couple. Good luck if you try to improve and get more highscores!
OliAli 5 years ago
  Hah, I just tried playing few levels and I found out that I struggled to push correct arrows with my fingers :D. The must have grown up since the last time I played. But after few hours of good training, I suppose I would be able to gain some more seconds.
popo2 5 years ago
  WB OliAli! So, I've been wondering if you want to improve your scores on JG2 again.
OliAli 5 years ago
  Hey guys! :D It's been a while since my last visit here :/. I just wanted to ask you if anyone of you has got the knowledge if there is any official level which I have the highscore in.

And how are you, how is JG2 doing?
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Congrats! You're becoming an extremely skilled player :D
popo2 5 years ago
  And soon I reached 8.25M! ;D
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Congratulations! You're improving insanely fast compared to my improvements!
Dynamo 5 years ago
  Another milestone reached, 8.7m! :D
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Congrats, that's an awesome score!
popo2 5 years ago
  8.2M!! I ACTUALLY got it!
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Congrats! However, you aren't the latest anymore :) You've got a much better score - which I'm surprised about you getting this soon!

On another note, I won't be able to play for a few days most likely - I'll try to beat you when I'm back :P
Dynamo 5 years ago
  Well that didn't take as long as I thought it would! Found a few hidden gems that I'd completely missed out when working my way through the officials! 8.6 here I come! :D

EDIT: Latest member of the 8.6m club! :P
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Good luck with university! I'll be going back to school in a few days - so I'm sure you'll overtake me then. Until then, I'll try to put a big gap between us. I'll try to visit daily, but it most likely won't be for long due to the greater workload I'm getting.

It'll be a shame to see you play less in a few weeks, I've enjoyed chasing you in the Mini Games and now in the officials - which I never thought I'd do. I never thought I'd get 8M in honesty! This site is unique in flash sites I've been on too. This is one of the few I've found with a community, I hope it - at least the community - never dies.

Also, that insane score took ages to build up, I hope you don't destroy it too quickly :)

SPOILER
Dynamo 5 years ago
  I have less than 1 month left with you guys before I head off to university for a fresh start after passing my A-Levels, so I hope I can get a few more high scores to my name and hopefully leave ahead of CG - my biggest JG2 rival, and good friend, much like all of you have been over the years. I will be online occasionally, but nowhere near as often with my more intense workload, it's been a pleasure knowing you guys and feeling part of a community for all my years here, which I think is about 9 now, despite the significant reduction in activity recently. I hope BL never dies after all the memories I've gained here. Thanks guys, it's been incredible, I'll make it a month to remember! :D

EDIT: I go to Leeds Fest for 5 days and I come back to that insane score from CG, I've got some work to do...
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Nice! I'm aiming for 8.6M before school starts - I'm getting very close.
kalina200 5 years ago
  Yes! 8.15M! Scribbled Escapades took me swiftly above popo
Coolguy52 5 years ago
  Aaand you can hit 8.25M with one level (it would be challenging to do so) - very nice score though!
popo2 5 years ago
  Finally, 8.15M! I'm feeling my way closer to 8.2M.

Games forum

Play Game "Jump Gear 2"

First post of the topic

THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Discovery! A new game!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg