Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Puzzle It"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ferrari12 11 years ago
  I sometimes get a bug which prevents the levels showing up, so all I see is an empty screen with just the background. Anybody knows why?
Jos 11 years ago
  It can be a "problem" with ubuntu too. Normally I use google chrome on windows.
Treazer 11 years ago
  Not for me :/ Firefox on Windows 7
Hexicube 11 years ago
  jeti it's because I'm jesus, didn't anyone tell you?
Jos 11 years ago
  The exploding of the blocks now always takes place in the left upper corner (left to the music-button) instead of on the block that explode itself. If it does matter: I'm now playing on chromius (on ubuntu).
Maxamed 11 years ago
  It might still need a few fixes you know jeti?
jeti100 11 years ago
  why is it not on front page? and why did hexicube say it?
Hexicube 11 years ago
  "There must be a hole in the admin because I didn't put the game on the homepage mysef. Who did this please :) ?"

I guess BL needs to not allow it when you set it to public ;)
Treazer 11 years ago
  Bad idea. There should be awards when there are more levels. Like 500. And 15 and 50 levels aren't much. Not every game needs awards immadiately.
jeti100 11 years ago
  Hey SimonM i have i few award ideas 1. complete 15 levels,Simple puzzler
2.Complete50 levels,Pro puzzler
SuperDog 11 years ago
  I kinda agree, I just don't notice it.
Treazer 11 years ago
  I don't there's a problem with the background and the force fields. The background shouldn't be darker, and the force fields shouldn't be lighter. IMO you can see all force fields well :)
Masquerade 11 years ago
  The Background is hard to make Tnails, especially people who use force fields for decor (me), because they don't stand out if you make a thumbnail where most of the screen is covered. So the background should be darker or there must be some way to highlight the force fields.

Edit: and while were talking about bugs, I found that you can still toggle sound in the Editor, without clicking the button.
gameinsky 11 years ago
  The Background is flashY, What do you meaN?
It's dark orange with black and most of the time I don't even pay attention to it.
Treazer 11 years ago
  I don't think the background is not soft enough, I really like it :) I have to agree to the rest of all. But the cursor works fine for me.
jp 11 years ago
  Ah OK, don't use the "suspend" state then. I'll put it on home page once I've made more tests.

- The hand cursor doesn't work for me (chrome latest version, macosx lion). I see ti very briefly and then it dissapears.
- I think that the background the game is too much bright/flashy. This generate a bit of frustration for the player I think. You should choose a softer background (reomve a bit of saturation), or/and implement something to highlight the tiles and walls (shadows, glow, ...). I understand this might be a style you want to choose, but the style must not interfere with the playability of the game.
- Please add a START button on the home screen (on the same screen of the "HELP" button). You ahve to call a comd of the api to open the menu when the user presses start.
- When the users presses stop on a level, you are supposed to go back to the home screen of your game.
- The help page should start with something more generic like "The goal of the game is to ... by aligning 2 tiles of the same color ....". The same kind of short introduction should be used as the short description of the game (which is right now just the title of the game "Puzzle it!" (top/right of this page).
Treazer 11 years ago
  I don't really like the hands, too Simon. But I think jp's idea with the enlighthening is great :) It's the same in BLockoban 1 and 2.
SimonM 11 years ago
  jp, I've put the game on home page, as I implemented a hand with blocks. Therefor I needed to put it on suspended. But when I wanted to put it back to online, it wasn't possible. But home page was possible.
SuperDog 11 years ago
  I say, amazing game!
SimonM 11 years ago
  I did, because I wanted to make it public, but I saw there was even a home page option. So I tried it and it worked. I'll try to make hands on it. Although I don't really like hands on the blocks, because then you don't have a difference between a button and a block.
jp 11 years ago
  There must be a hole in the admin because I didn't put the game on the homepage mysef. Who did this please :) ?

There's a few things to go, like showing a hand/enligthening a tile when the mosue rolls over it before it's homepaged.

[edit] note that even if the game is not frontpaged, it's still public.
neoseanner 11 years ago
  no level accepted as official , my level is bad enought (even the bomb defuser and bomb defuser 2 :( )
lmr 11 years ago
  When Simon first catagorized the levels there were three or four insanes. Which were later changed to hard while the game was still in test phase, I think that is why the numbers vary. And is also why gameinsky only shows completing 7 hard levels compared to 10 for the other testers. I guess replaying the levels will change the scores to the correct category.
gameinsky 11 years ago
  That's weird... I finished 2... unless I opened the Insane levels category... and played other levels while it was on.
Jos 11 years ago
  There is a problem with the score table: Gameinsky would have completed 4 insane levels while there are only 3.
SimonM 11 years ago
  Please rate and play as many levels you can, but don't rate a level you can't complete.
kiethy342 11 years ago
  This is the perfect mix of blockoban and blockoban2, and I love the new tiles on the editor! They'll make a difference in the number of levels and the levels themselves. Great work! :)
SimonM 11 years ago
  It seems force fields-smart walls combination is used a lot!
SimonM 11 years ago
  Thank you all for the kind words. It's nice to hear that the editor is user-friendly.
Ferrari12 11 years ago
  Very fun game for sure. The editor is elegant and user-friendly. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of interesting levels in this game in the years to come.

Congratulations on an excellent game, Simon! :)

Games forum

Play Game "Puzzle It"

First post of the topic

SimonM 12 years ago
  Puzzle It is my first real game.
I'll keep updating Puzzle It.
If you've suggestions for Puzzle It, you can post them here: Puzzle It : Tile Suggestions.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg