Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Treazer 6 years ago
  I am not very adept at solving BLockoban levels, so I cannot help you in that regard. However, I do think that your many comments are a great effort to keep the site alive and to encourage more activity. Personally, I play a few new levels from time to time, evaluate some if needed and rarely comment. The website simply is not as popular and active as it once was and in all likelihood it will never be again.

But I recognize your attempts to counter this development and believe that you should not feel disheartened or the like. Keep playing and commenting and good luck with the remaining levels!
chris3000 6 years ago
  Hello Blockoban community, I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and early happy new year 2018. I've been progressing well the past year. I've solved a total of 1500 levels in the past 9 months, I've just solved 7400. But I wanted to say a few things and tell the truth.

1) The reason I post a lot is to remind people of their scores and optimization and to rate and comment. I'm trying to encourage people to keep up the great work on creating levels. I've been trying to get better scores and to match the highscore in every lvl, so whenever I get a highscore I post to challenge the best players to beat me. I felt offended b/c greyanna PM'd me a month ago and said that I comment like a baby. I care about this site and community and I have a right to post whenever I want, now I feel hesitant to post anymore. If I didn't care about this site I wouldn't post at all.

2) I have been struggling on the last 1438 levels I have, a majority of them are Camo's, Toughman's, Murat's, Monty's, and Jos's levels. They are very hard with certain tricks that I have not yet achieved. I have 508 medium, 7 easy, and 923 hard levels left. I hestitate to ask for any hints too. But I need help. See I'm taking care of my family and responsibilities first and I think that's more important. I live with my mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa. We have health issues to where we are restricted to a few foods. We can only tolerate rice, potatoes, bananas, and chicken. This really sucks b/c I love pizza, candy, and junk food but I can't have it. But anyways what is the best way to solve hard levels? What is your secret murat, dcoco, and TM? You do have multiple browsers up and go a different way each browser? Or do you have to copy the level on a piece of paper and work it out. Should I try to create a similar version of the level I'm playing?

Anyways, let me know who reads this.
Chris
sycoraximperator 6 years ago
  I have 1389 lvls left.
oldmanrob 6 years ago
  1111 levels still to solve.
jozyfy 6 years ago
  This seems like a lot of fun! Does anyone know how much the DLC is?
lmr 6 years ago
  You guys are creating some great levels. Keep up the good work. Congrats on the7200 chris. Also thank you for the favorable comments.
greyanna 6 years ago
  @chris3000 man u gotta run: mutate 2 chris7000

@all designer fantastic new levels thanks 4 fun
CamoDragoon 6 years ago
  Thanks @Yggdrasill. Sorry for the long hiatus everyone, I was really busy for a long time between IRL stuff and a few tournaments for another game that I play competitively. I'll keep trying to make interesting levels for the great community :)
Yggdrasill4 6 years ago
  Your levels are amazing Camodragoon, really bends my mind, very precise designs, thanks for the new submissions.
magnacumlaud 6 years ago
  Yggdrasill4 you are starting again to choose wrong categories!
Have a look to SimonM's comments! He explained exactly enough!
chris3000 6 years ago
  I think the next couple months i'm just going to focus on improving my scores on all the levels I've completed. After all, I want to be the best player I can be, like TM, murat, PA, oldmtnguy, Jxyz, OMR, Mo, and several others. I know it will take time but I am going to do the best I can trying to get the lowest score. So any lvls I post on will indicate a great low score.

And why is Archery so hard for me to solve, I always seem to have 2 blocks remaining.
dingdong 6 years ago
  At the bottom of the column to the right of the game. Just under "Best levels - you haven't scored on"
greyanna 6 years ago
  How can i activate BLockoban as my favorite game? Thank you!
SimonM 6 years ago
  @Yggdrasill4, Your levels are far from traditional designs, but that's a good thing! Bringing some fresh concepts into this game is a wonderful thing!
chris3000 6 years ago
  Wow, I have 11 easy levels left. I'm really stumped on them. Here is the list of levels below.

3 White's Too Many
The Four Corners
Humbug
Roundabout
X 2 Plus
Heart of Gold
Big Drip 3
Aberrated Plant
Spectral Hall
Common Transit
Matching Phase
magnacumlaud 6 years ago
  Thanks SimonM!
I wanna say: that ALL level designer make a great job that this site presents such a lot of fun! Of course the pack designer too! Yggdrasill4's created levels are awesome nearly perfect!
gameinsky 6 years ago
  Ok, going to step in and remove the political comment that is completely unrelated to this discussion.

Move along.
SimonM 6 years ago
  @magnacumlaud, what OMG is trying to say is that it creates new work, that could have been avoided if the category was right from the very start.
magnacumlaud 6 years ago
  @ OMG 'a lot of changes based on one persons opinion' you are definitely wrong! And you know this!, cause it's easy to review! Maybe, have a look to OMR's comments here and in easy pack after my first postings 2 months ago in a really early phase!
Yggdrasill4 6 years ago
  Much thanks for all the support and the opportunity to be a trusted member, I can't believe how I continue to come back to this site after so many years, there are a few other sites that I visit as long as this one other than the obvious like google or youtube, so hope it stays active in the future. I'm going to keep the difficulty of the ones I already submitted the same as to not ruin any already set packs, and try and better evaluate the difficulty of any future submissions.
SimonM 6 years ago
  I want to add this; if you are hesitating between 2 categories, choose the more difficult one.
@Yggdrasill4: to change categories without opening the level in editor, you can go to the more page (located in the blue rectangle above the comments of the level).
Elizea 6 years ago
  I feel like categories in this game have been kinda awkward since forever. I think they mostly help newer (or just non-experienced) people to find levels that they are realistically able to complete. For veterans, there aren't many levels that could be considered "out of reach" and categorizing levels more for their skills is kinda unnecessary.

Say OMG goes play a level. It doesn't matter much to him (I imagine) if the level is marked as "hard" or "normal"? For someone less experienced tho, it would be very helpful to know if a level is most likely too difficult for them.

I made Yggdrasill4 a trusted member on BB. This should let you change the difficulties on your own accepted levels. As OMG said, it causes some issues with packs so keep that in mind I guess?

Cool to see this community still be so active.
oldmtnguy 6 years ago
  Go to the level, state your request and click Call for an admin. An administrator can see the call and react. As an admin, changing a level category is not a problem. However, it requires an update on two packs. This takes a lot of volunteer time. It is really not feasible to go back and make a lot of changes based on one persons opinion. We all want the game to be as organized as possible. Categories will always be subject to personal preference and ability. As a whole, the quality of levels has greatly improved over the years, making category choice difficult. If there are errors, I apologize and am always willing to help if needed. Please remember that we are all here to have fun and be entertained so try not to stress too much.
@Yggdrasill4 I think you are experienced enough to set proper categories. Please don't make extra work for administrators.
gameinsky 6 years ago
  You can't change difficulties yourself, you'll need a mod to do it for you.

I changed Gliese star because that was the one level people specifically complained about.

If you can provode me a big list of levels to change difficulty from and to, I'll go through it.
Yggdrasill4 6 years ago
  Soooo... How do you change the difficulty on already submitted levels? Sorry, I hesitated for a while to change the difficulties due to the embarrassment of this very question.
small 6 years ago
  Oh, I've not seen this as a complaint, simply as a talk in the community to keep us in motion. I'm glad that he gives me the possibility to play all the levels again and sometimes improve my score.
It's a welcome change for me to the levels, where I will hang, because I find no solution. Thank you!

And once again... a huge thank you to all the great level designers, so we can play and play and play and have a lot of fun!!!
magnacumlaud 6 years ago
  @ gameinsky + all
why did you only change Gliese Star???
player like Chris should be able to solve easy pack! With all this Yggdrasill4 levels it is absolutely unfair! Now this guy started to explain step by step how to solve his 'easy' level and that without a spoiler! It is absurd!!!

Again: Gliese Star has nothing to do in easy pack same with Antispiral Synch, Tension Frame, Mini Cascade, Fidget, Zephon, Aberrated Plant and Prototypical so change them!!! What else are different level of difficulty for???

@ Chris first: you are great level designer, Thank you!
It is a good way to train and force solving strategies by playing kids and easy levels!
chris3000 6 years ago
  @Oldmanrob: Hey, sorry it does seem like I am complaining. I need to use my energy to be positive and just be patient until I solve each level. I know it will take time to solve the rest of the levels, but I will do the best I can.

It is fun trying to optimize my score on other lvls that I've solved. Thank you for taking the time to make a pack for each category of levels. That's why I want this game to continue on and on so I can have fun.
oldmanrob 6 years ago
  Chris, why are you complaining all the time? If I look at the homepage of BL I can see that you are on rank 3 of the top members with a good opportunity to go up to rank 2 before the end of the year as gundu seems not to play anymore.

On BB I have to solve two official levels since years. No way I will ever succeed. And btw. about eight years ago I had only 4 levels left now they are over 1140.

However my goal in this game is to have FUN. As long as i have it I will go on playing. If the fun stops I will stop to play.
Treazer 6 years ago
  I'm sure you can do it, considering you already achieved a lot! Regarding your challenge, I would like to participate generally, but unfortunately, I'm quite the opposite of good in BLockoban so I have to pass.

Games forum

Play Game "BLockoban"

First post of the topic

jp 16 years ago
  sound on / off added (burfy's feedback).
16 official levels now. All levels are great. I must say I'm a big fan of Psychotronic's levels (thx Psycho). When a level is "only" accepted, it doesn't mean it will not be official one day, it's just I'm not sure for now.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg