Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

chris3000 6 years ago
  Wow, congratz on 9000 levels of Blockoban. That is a huge achievement. This game is so addicting plus PI and Jellify.
Coolguy52 6 years ago
  Nice work to all the designers for that achievement. Wonder when 10k will be broken?
sycoraximperator 6 years ago
  9002 levels jippi!!
CamoDragoon 6 years ago
  You mean in terms of grammar? "Too many" would mean "an excess" which is probably what you mean. "To many" would be used in something such as "he gave food to many people."
greyanna 6 years ago
  Is it:: to many or too many?

@Camo yeah grammar, thanks a lot Dragoon.
SimonM 6 years ago
  @greyanna Thanks for the confidence, but I'm not to decide on this matter. Also, like gameinsky said, levels still get evaluated regularly.
gameinsky 6 years ago
  I'm not sure why SimonM needs to become admin? Levels still get evaluated are regular intervals. If oldmtnguy thinks we need a new admin I wouldn't be against it though.
greyanna 6 years ago
  @ SimonM please become Admin to evaluate levels.

edit: @gameinsky see your post 1 month ago nope

@ Chris man u solved such mass of levels i didn' t even try! Do you really think it's not getting harder for me or other ones too? I am sure you will solve lots more if you believe in yourself although u will stuck sometimes only for a moment! On harder levels i just start with trial and error then you get a feeling for the difficulties and problems. You see which step depends on another which have i do first before the other one works. So i find (sometimes really slowly) the sequential arrangement.If there is no such progress and it's starts to nerves me i leave it and go back sometimes after a year. You are a great level designer e.g. Linking Colors - i love it - people with such creative potential capacity and ability to think ahead too are in every case able to solve hard levels. Maybe not each of them but who cares! Not even our GrandMasters have solved each level! So: believe in your qualities and enjoy the game without bringing yourself into pressure and stress and above all without any reason!!!
Btw: Did you have a look to your Pack-Ranks?

edit: you are in three of them under the top eight!
lmr 6 years ago
  I just keep trying. Trying different starting moves, next moves, etc. Then I will leave and go to a different level if I am not getting it. Often when I return it falls into place. That's when I think, duh, how couldn't I get that. Though there are many levels I still can't solve. That is one of the joys of this game, you do not have to remain stuck and can go to other levels and back!
chris3000 6 years ago
  Hey guys, look I wanted to tell the truth about something. I feel hesitant to ask for help when I need it b/c I don't to bug anyone. But it's getting harder for me to solve levels now. I've solved like 50 within the past month and I usually am more better and structured at this game. What strategies do you guys use to solve medium and hard levels?

@Oldmtnguy: I sent you a PM 2 weeks ago, I guess you're busy with your new house and moving. Whenever you get a chance can you please check it. And I hope everyone is enjoying the new year so far. I hope we can get to 9,000 levels soon.
oldmanrob 6 years ago
  i'm a gentleman of the old school. when a young lady is in difficulty i do my best to help her.
greyanna 6 years ago
  @chris I got my own individual strategy: i have a look if OMR has solved the level, if yes: then i solve it too with a better score.
@OMR do you maybe misunderstood the grey? but thanks a lot!
oldmtnguy 6 years ago
  @ kalina. In response to your "question", I have been evaluating levels for over seven years and no levels have EVER been skipped. They are looked at in the order that they were uploaded. Your last one was uploaded 13 hrs ago and there are 25 levels ahead of it. Your first one will be done today. It is second in line. I do this with no compensation, just love the game. I've been occupied with building a new house, packing and moving and have not had a lot of extra time. I apologize if you feel inconvenienced.
kalina200 6 years ago
  This isn't self promotion, but I think my BL levels have been skipped, about 2 weeks ago I made a level. Since then I've uploaded 2 more, and no feedback on any. While they have been sitting dormant many have been accepted/rejected/edited.

Sorry, i'm not complaining, just questioning.
oldmanrob 6 years ago
  I've got kind of strategy that helped me to solve many medium level and even some hard too. I play games created by the same artist. Except for CD that has an incredible variety of tricks and murat that play in a league of his own most creators use similar ticks. So if you have solved one you will be able to solve more. For instance after solving Rally no.8 by suhangha i was able to solve more Rally i was stuck with ever since.
chris3000 6 years ago
  Hey Blockoban community, I just wanted to say thank you designers for the levels over the past 7-8 years, I have had so much fun on this site, hopefully there will maybe be 10000 lvls here by 2019. And thanks to Oldmtnguy, GIS, and Elizea for evaluating all the levels over the past 6-7 years. And congratz OMR on solving 8000, I just solved 7500 yesterday. And I'm hoping to reach 8000 soon. I've been getting a lot of highscores on old levels too, so I'm getting much better at this game.

But I must ask, what strategies do you guys use to solve the hard levels? I seem to be stuck on most of the ones I have left, which is 1,383. And how have my levels been, I'm trying to make as many as I can, to keep this game alive and to boost my EXP and maybe become trusted. And I understand that oldmtnguy is busy with life and the admins so I will be patient and understanding on the levels getting evaluated. Thanks. If I didn't care I wouldn't be posting at all, I do it to encourage other people on making more levels.

Chris
gameinsky 6 years ago
  Woah, sounds like a massive undertaking, best of luck with that!
SimonM 6 years ago
  @oldmanrob That's some good progress there!
oldmanrob 6 years ago
  probably no one cares. but at the moment i've 900 level left. 232 medium and 642 hard ones. of these nine hundred 340 are by the dragoon and 210 by murat. my next goal is to solve 27 levels more so that the total amount of solved levels will be 8000. and make some improvement on the easy and kids level will be a good idea too. in the easy level i'm over 22000 moves behind the best possible score.
gameinsky 6 years ago
  Very well then.
I don't only threaten. I fullfill my promises.
Enjoy your one comment/day.

[edit]

"with UnFriendly regards" is a good one. Thanks for making me laugh, I'll keep that one in mind.
magnacumlaud 6 years ago
  @gameinsky = tried to be a little Trump, why i shit on your advise is: cause i know before you like to threaten
my short comment to that: FU
my honestly advise: laugh about your unavailable 'power', lol

with UnFriendly regards
gameinsky 6 years ago
  @MCL just because there's people who are worse does not excuse bad behaviour. I'm completely fine with critising wrong difficulty settings, but you can do that without insulting other members. If this was playful sarcasm then the fault is on my end for misjudging your comment.

But, physical age does not matter. I know people who are double my age who have less maturity and people younger than me who have more.
Nevertheless, it's up to you to take my advise or ignore it.
But don't ignore the fact that this "pubescent boy" has the power to control your ability to post, so it might be better not to test his authority.

With friendly regards, Gameinsky.

---

Unfortunately we don't really have an active blockoban player as admin here anymore as Oldmntnguy seems to be quite busy nowadays. I don't trust myself evaluating levels in a game where I can't even solve half of the officials and Elizea just blindly accepts all levels since he trusts people here to make decent enough levels for that. But it does mean that things will end up less organised than if Oldmntnguy were to do it.
lmr 6 years ago
  There will always be levels that are found to be more difficult then others for everyone! As with anything in life. Some people can do math, some read well, others can't play a piano, ski, swim...easy? hard? Setting a difficulty level is a judgement call. Mostly I based mine on what I felt was the average call. Experience makes that easier to do. All the experienced players have made suggestions as to difficulty. Sometimes correctly. And sometimes not agreed with. BUT their suggestions do keep it on a fairly level keel. I for one welcome the positive feedback which this game gives everyone a chance to give and get.
gameinsky 6 years ago
  MCL, Is trongly advise for you to tone down your hostility. Every single of your messages make me groan whenever I see them.

If you have something to say, even if it isn't positive to begin with, it's possible to do so while staying respectful to the person you're talking to.
magnacumlaud 6 years ago
  i quote OMG: 'a lot of changes based on one persons opinion' !!!

@OMR: if u r able 2 solve u let hard levels in easy pack if u r unable u wanna change them!
i say: u r unable and kind of hypocrite cheater!

@gameinsky: LOL, hostility! Don't confuse me with Mr WarMaker Trump and be sure: i would never take any advise of a pubescent boy!
oldmanrob 6 years ago
  i think the four new level by suhangha are to hard for to be on the medium category.

edit: now that we have some scores i changed my mind. the category may be ok.
chris3000 6 years ago
  Well I have too many responsibilities now:

1) taking care of my family
2) going to work twice a week, keeping our money up
3) eating and staying alive; enjoying other life

So, I'm not going to bother solving anymore levels until I get some hints from other people. I'll keep making new challenges too for you guys to play. It is too stressful and harder now to solve levels. That's why I made a pack with some of my unfinished levels.

So, that's all I have to say. I still enjoy this game a lot but my time has to be limited from here on out.
oldmanrob 6 years ago
  at the moment i've got 1001 level left. 313 medium and 688 hard (2 officials). i hope to solve the most mediums within the next two month. between christmas and now i played (and solved) lot of camo's medium levels. they are all REALLY great. almost everyone had a different trick. the guy is a dragoon.
lmr 6 years ago
  Happy New Year
sycoraximperator 6 years ago
  I wish everyone a happy new year!

Games forum

Play Game "BLockoban"

First post of the topic

jp 16 years ago
  sound on / off added (burfy's feedback).
16 official levels now. All levels are great. I must say I'm a big fan of Psychotronic's levels (thx Psycho). When a level is "only" accepted, it doesn't mean it will not be official one day, it's just I'm not sure for now.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg