Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Mo 5 years ago
  Just realized it has been over ten years for me on Bonuslevel and Blockoban. This is truly a special game and a great bunch of people.
SimonM 5 years ago
  It's indeed an awesome series. However, it feels many of them are undercategorised; I'm having a hard time solving the easy ones.
Yggdrasill4 5 years ago
  Near 80lvl update! Back then this game was more active, but it's still great to see how long it has lasted. I haven't really given Jellify a chance so I might try that, though Blockoban is still N#1 for me. I tried to make a bunch of puzzles in rapid succession for quick-designs without overthinking, glad you like it omr. I'm looking forward to playing these updated levels.
oldmanrob 5 years ago
  I like the new series by suhangha and Ygg a lot. They have the vintage charme of the old days. Everyone I've solved deserve a 5/5. Speaking of the old days: I don't think everything was better then but at least most of us were younger.
Treazer 5 years ago
  Amazing job indeed! How many songs have there been?
sycoraximperator 5 years ago
  Well done Omr!
Yggdrasill4 5 years ago
  Thanks for the songs omr, hope you continue to make new levels whenever you feel like it :)
small 5 years ago
  Thank you for the music, Oldmanrob!
oldmanrob 5 years ago
  All the "songs" are done now. There are still some waiting for evaluation. Now everybody who ever made a Blockoban level has one, except for one person who told me not to dare to make a "song" for her. If you note that someone is missing please tell me and I will provide. As soon as all the levels of this series are accepted I will put them in a pack. Play and have fun!
suhangha 5 years ago
  Hey guys!

In the meantime, the 10th theme of the Class Type, the Wave package, is making long and hard.

The next 11th theme is Complex, will include all 6 colors.

Wave, Complex Difficulty: ●●●●●
gameinsky 5 years ago
  The thumbnail is the first thing someone sees from a level, and is an important identification 'tool'.
Nobody is asking for a perfect thumbnail, just make sure you always make square thumbnails (hold shift) and to take the part of the level that stands out is the best method, probably.

It's for the same reason that numbered general series (e.g. challenge 1 till challenge 100) are frowned upon, because this makes it very difficult for people to find specific levels again.

Blockoban has this problem a lot more than other games due to the fact that there's a limited amount you can do with what you get, but that hasn't stopped you guys from being able to make all these levels!
lmr 5 years ago
  Keeping thumbnails consistent, all the same shape, is good. I like to understand what kind of level it is at a glance from the thumbnail.
oldmanrob 5 years ago
  Stretched thumbnails or thumbnails taked in the creator mode are of course no-goes. But asking for a "perfect" thumbnail is an absurdity
SimonM 5 years ago
  I do not agree completely: of course, the level itself is the most important part. But having all good levels with bad thumbnails is something that feels off. And besides, changing a thumbnail is maximally a minute of work.
oldmanrob 5 years ago
  i agree.
chris3000 5 years ago
  That's a helpful guide for people having trouble taking thumbnails but admins should not be strict on that, as long as the level has a unique theme/challenge it shouldn't really matter what the thumbnail looks like. Does anyone agree?
sycoraximperator 5 years ago
  Happy B-Day, C3000! :-)
oldmanrob 5 years ago
  Happy B-Day, chris. All the best from omr.
Yggdrasill4 5 years ago
  Happy 27th birthday, hope things work out for you.
chris3000 5 years ago
  Hey guys I'm back, I took a break for 8 days, I've been really busy helping me and my family. See, I live with my mom, we have very little family. I have no brothers/sisters. It's only me, my mom, my grandpa, and we have 4 cousins and that's it. See, I used to live with my grandma and grandpa, from 2005-2015. My grandma is intolerable to live with, she has tried to starve me and my mom, for many years and wouldn't help us get to a specialized doctor. When she had $20-30 thousand in the bank. So, three years ago we had to move to another county. My grandma is dangerous, she tried to throw things at us and my grandpa/hitting and abusing us.

So, it's really been a struggle for 3 years since late 2015. We are looking for another place for us and my grandpa, we could be moving Fall of 2019. So, i'll be a little more inactive. Well, tonight will be my 27th birthday!
lmr 5 years ago
  There are so many wonderful people who play this game, comment, contribute. It is sad to see someone acting so immaturely.
gameinsky 5 years ago
  Yeah, got nothing more to add on what Simon said, just ignore it and comment on other levels to push it away.
suhangha 5 years ago
  What is the purpose of the limited?
Please contact inbox for answers.
SimonM 5 years ago
  It is greyanna vs the moderators. She has been severely limited due to previous actions. She's not happy with it, and the only way she can communicate is through titles of unaccepted levels. This cannot be limited. If you don't want to view it on the front page or on the newly commented levels, you should comment on other levels, to push that particular level off that list.
lmr 5 years ago
  What is with the rude language- title changes on lvlid=39275, it is even more offensive today.
lmr 5 years ago
  the title on Ladybug seems to have been changed, offensively.
suhangha 5 years ago
  You can do it too. (:
Treazer 5 years ago
  Personally, I think oldmanrob would be a good admin. He's active and has been in the community for a very long time already.
gameinsky 5 years ago
  Hey if you guys can decide on a new admin I can appoint one if needed.

Games forum

Play Game "BLockoban"

First post of the topic

jp 16 years ago
  sound on / off added (burfy's feedback).
16 official levels now. All levels are great. I must say I'm a big fan of Psychotronic's levels (thx Psycho). When a level is "only" accepted, it doesn't mean it will not be official one day, it's just I'm not sure for now.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg