Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

nelson90 6 months ago
  Not exactly, I can still evaluate levels for now (but for how long? if the website continues to degrade ...). For newly created levels, I only need to start the game and check the "evaluated" tab, it's just a bit more cumbersome. The problem concerns the updated levels, because they aren't at the beginning of the list, and I won't see that they are ready to evaluate.
chris3000 6 months ago
  So, that means you can't evaulate anymore future levels? Hmmm, well I hope this day has not come but you know this site is reaching it's 15th year so anything could go wrong. See JP may not be interested in fixing it, I sent him a message on Discord the other day and he has not responded.
nelson90 6 months ago
  Chris, this bug is even more annoying for me, because:
- I can no longer exchange PMs with you and suhangha, the main level designers.
- I have no access to my admin board with the recently created and updated levels. It means that I won't be informed when a designer completes an unfinished level.

If this problem is not fixed, I will not be able to do my admin duty properly. I am fearing that this site (at least BB and BB2 games) will soon be completely dead.
Let's see what other players think of that.
chris3000 6 months ago
  Well I don't know what the issue is but it's bugging me, now I can't track my status on my profile page. It's crazy! But this site has reached it's 15-year peak.
john96 6 months ago
  My homepage is fine, it must be a strange glitch or something. I don't know if JP would even take the time to look at this issue.
nelson90 6 months ago
  Hi Chris, the same issue occurs with my home page and that of suhangha (maybe others). I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getAr() in /var/www/bonuslevel/includes/utils.php on line 367
chris3000 6 months ago
  Hey, there is something wrong with my page. When I click on my name, it says error and it gives a link, nelson's page does it too. JP needs to look at this.
PuzzleFan 7 months ago
  So, how has everyone been doing lately. October is coming soon. I'm thinking about making some Halloween styled levels here in a couple weeks.
chris3000 7 months ago
  I remember one of Suhangha's best series here back in 2019. The Lightly Prairie series. It consists of farm/prairie levels with superb design. Most of them are kids and easy levels, they are fun for everyone in all ages, and good for an optimization challenge. I have cracked some good highscores there if anyone wants a challenge!

I am making so many levels here now that I will most likely surpass CD's flood/wave of levels that were created here.
suhangha 7 months ago
  @chris Please take a look at what I sent to Discord. Try to my new pack
nelson90 7 months ago
  Hi Chris, I think this kind of competition exists since the creation of BL site (and for me since I joined in 2008). A lot of players have always had in mind to reach the best score, and that lead to fantastic battles in the past. Unfortunately, there are now not many challengers left. However, I agree to start having a competition with you.

Btw, it's an excellent idea to stop focusing on solving every level. Personally, I still have about 1300 unresolved levels and that does not make me unhappy, on the contrary.
suhangha 7 months ago
  dozen to the power of quadruple number of exp, my massive achievement!
chris3000 7 months ago
  Hey, would anyone like to start having a competition with me, instead of focusing on solving every level, maybe I can post on the level that I get a really good score on and see if you guys can beat it. If I have time in the future, I may make a few packs for it. But, we'll see.

So, what do you say? There are over 10,000 levels. I'm sure there is somewhere where we can improve our score. Optimization is one of the keys of Blockoban.
PuzzleFan 8 months ago
  I wonder when Syco is coming back. I played some of his levels today. I like his Vector series, it has a series of unique tasks/challenges that gives the pros an even more challenge of optimization.
chris3000 8 months ago
  Well, all my levels are not boring. Well I don't care what anyone thinks about them, I'm always gonna create levels here for a long time.
magnacumlaud 8 months ago
  nobody wants 2 play floods of boring levels

CD's are: every single high quality you'll never reach!
chris3000 8 months ago
  So Blockoban community, how have I been doing with my levels the past 6-7 years, I'm headed towards 1200 total, almost half of CD. The way I'm going I'll probably pass his milestone record in 2-3 years maybe. So by 2026-2027 this may happen.
suhangha 8 months ago

SPOILER
suhangha-2 8 months ago
  @magic7: I self-reviewed inspiration levels I spied, my levels are more challenging than previous designers, else contains ridiculously not challenging
chris3000 8 months ago
  What list? You mean for this game. Where did you see it?
magic7 8 months ago
  What is this list where I see my name spied upon twice ?
chris3000 8 months ago
  Has JP addressed this problem? Maybe there's something wrong with the database. You can only comment on the older levels dating back from 2007-2018.
nelson90 8 months ago
  Unfortunately, for about one year it is no longer possible to post comments on new levels. If you post a comment, it won't be registered. This bug is really annoying, because comments related to a level will be spread in the BB forum and it will be impossible to find then after a while.
The same problem affects the inbox of new members (like john96 and PuzzleFan), PMs are not accepted and the inbox shows the same error message "Unknown subject ()!".
magic7 8 months ago
  Hey hey hey, nostalgia hit hard ! Are the level comments out of service ?
nelson90 8 months ago
  Welcome back magic7! Thanks for submitting level Bouncing Tango (BLockoban), it's a nice level without any dummy block and fun to play. Indeed a great 5/5!
magic7 8 months ago
  Message removed...
suhangha-2 8 months ago
  Glad that I finished making those levels I spied Coolguy52 & SimonM, But the last level of designer union was most shamefully designed, still kepe gonna from 197: extra modern
Newly Updated
chris3000 9 months ago
  Dcoco is back, I helped him find the link to Pale Moon and he downloaded it, check his logs. Maybe the rest of the gang will return soon too, Blockoban has been missing a huge portion of it's community for several years.
suhangha-2 9 months ago
  @Nelson: Yes, both are far from boring position, It's also interesting for us to see who it will be. If dcoco gets a flash, there's hope

note: level 194 has been edited, now 28, score must be reset, sorry

Still not titled for 193 to 196 (Modern Day)

Games forum

Play Game "BLockoban"

First post of the topic

jp 16 years ago
  sound on / off added (burfy's feedback).
16 official levels now. All levels are great. I must say I'm a big fan of Psychotronic's levels (thx Psycho). When a level is "only" accepted, it doesn't mean it will not be official one day, it's just I'm not sure for now.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg